How exactly?

Wholey32

So a friend of mine told me about this diet she was doing (Whole30) and it sounded so good I decided I wanted to try it too! I am a little worried about eating too much of the wrong thing (even though W30 approved). I didn't read the book and I haven't seen anywhere about how to do the diet the right way. I'm worried I eat too much fruit, seeds and nuts. I'm not big on cooking and mostly eat foods that are convenient. I do have eggs about once a day (only the whites) and then either chicken, beef or pork for dinner. Can someone let me know what I need to be doing? I already feel better physically and my skin looks better than it has in a long time. I just want to be able to maximize weight loss benefits during my 30 days, too! Anyway...thanks :)

I HIGHLY recommend you get the book It Starts With Food. You can purchase the book from Amazon or if you are a Kindle person, you can download it to your Kindle from Amazon. I have both. I'm a ISWF addict. :) The book will give you so much information and really explains things well. You really need to get the "how to" down before you start. For example...we Whole 30 people eat the entire egg and usually 2-4 at a time. It's really a different mindset and a wonderful one. If you aren't inclined to read the book, there is a lot of information as Wholelottachange pointed out to you above. Good luck and come here for lots of support. :)

Thanks for the replies! I spent a few more hours on this site and found the basic outline of what to be doing. Of course I was doing most of it wrong, lol. Everything I have been eating has been ok, so I guess I wasn't doing it ALL wrong. I was just eating too much of the wrong stuff. as easy fix. Anyway. I just downloaded the book and I am better equipped to begin tomorrow with your replies and the other stuff I found on here. On a side note I leave out the yellow part of the egg because I don't like it...not because I thought it was less healthy :). With that being said, is it still ok to leave out or should I suck it up and leave it in there?

I agree with all of the suggestions to get the ISWF book - it's really important to understand the WHY behind the dietary recommendations.

I also agree with telling you to eat the yolks, provided you don't have any allergies or intolerances. You can always blend them up into something so you don't even know they're there. My favorite breakfast is to high speed blend 2 eggs and a ripe banana and then cook it in a small egg pan with coconut oil like a big pancake. Then I top it with nut butter, fruit, and or pumpkin. Freaking delicious. Make sure also that the reason you don't want to eat yolks is the lingering impact of all those years of stupid health recommendations telling us NOT to eat them. Ughhh

Thanks for the replies! I spent a few more hours on this site and found the basic outline of what to be doing. Of course I was doing most of it wrong, lol. Everything I have been eating has been ok, so I guess I wasn't doing it ALL wrong. I was just eating too much of the wrong stuff. as easy fix. Anyway. I just downloaded the book and I am better equipped to begin tomorrow with your replies and the other stuff I found on here. On a side note I leave out the yellow part of the egg because I don't like it...not because I thought it was less healthy :). With that being said, is it still ok to leave out or should I suck it up and leave it in there?

Yes, you should figure out a way of preparing eggs that will allow you to enjoy the Yolk. Scrambled eggs? Frittatas? Omlettes? You shouldn't have to choke ANYTHING down, but an egg is not an egg unless it has both parts. :)

I will definitely not eat the yellow part if I eat them boiled but I had them scrambled today and they weren't too bad. Thank you, though. Made me feel less bad about being the egg yolk rebel :).

On another note, I am totally trying the banana and 2 eggs tomorrow!

My favorite breakfast is to high speed blend 2 eggs and a ripe banana and then cook it in a small egg pan with coconut oil like a big pancake. Then I top it with nut butter, fruit, and or pumpkin. Freaking delicious. Make sure also that the reason you don't want to eat yolks is the lingering impact of all those years of stupid health recommendations telling us NOT to eat them. Ughhh

I ate that pre-my whole30 but I thought that was a no-no as it was basically considered SWYPO? A Paleo-fied pancake. I am not judging! I loved having that for breakfast but thought it was out. Thoughts anyone? (I also added almond butter directly into my "batter" of banana and egg.)

For most of us, yeah, that's out as a paleofied pancake (especially as a crepe, because it could totally pass for one of those). I make them for my kiddos as a quick and easy breakfast (and because my oldest won't eat eggs without cheese, which she is *allergic* to), but I would caution you to skip them during your Whole30 so your brain can fully adjust to the idea of eating whole foods in a recognizable form.

Archived