Whole 30 snacks? Any ideas?

sboavida

Ok, I know you are not supposed to snack. But I will start my second Whole 30 next week and my work schedule has changed a lot since I did my first back in November 2015.

I know that during the first week I will need a morning snack before I can manage 6+ hours without eating (I have breakfast at 7:15 AM and lunch around 1:30 PM).

So I'll need something easy to pack and that I can eat at my desk. During my life post-whole30 I have been packing cashew or almond nuts as a snack, but I think they are not the best option.

So what do you suggest?

If you can bring a cooler: hard-boiled eggs, raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, red bell pepper, broccoli (whatever you like & can tolerate!) with homemade/compliant ranch or mayo. Any meat you can stand to eat cold (I quite like cold chicken).

I would think some fruit would be OK, as long as you're not overdoing it to feed sugar cravings. And it'd be best eaten with something else. (I like to have an apple with some almonds sometimes! Although I know some protein would be better.)

The moderators will prob come along soon with better input than me :)

Hard boiled eggs are a great idea. And if you do feel like you need to keep them cold, I really love those lunch bags you store overnight in the freezer. They're like made of freezer packs or something (sorry, the name's escaping me). I've used those to keep tuna salad or chicken salad wraps cool for 5+ hours in the middle of August so they should definitely be good for a couple hours in a relatively climate-controlled room :) 

Or maybe grilled chicken and carrot/celery/pepper/veggie sticks? Something easy to snack on. 

Maybe make a *mini* meal of leftovers from the night before to take with you.

If you need a stash of emergency protein, cans /pouches of compliant fish can work, for PWO maybe a few bites of lean protein and leftover sweet potato or carb?

For very *desperate* measures, I like epic bars. I'm not a fan of Larabars personally, even tho they are technically compliant within w30. I just can't do "sweet" aside from fresh fruit/sweet potatoes.

I used to eat a lot of pretzel sticks at my desk. I have replaced them with carrot sticks and french green beans, both from costco. It's an adjustment, but I just need something to munch on sometimes. I am not sure if I am really am even hungry, but it keeps me from hitting the break room and buying a candy bar.

Archived