Natalie's Whole30

Natalie.s.a

DAY 14 (almost halfway there).

FOOD

Coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 1- a green salad with chicken.

Green tea.

Meal 2- a green salad and some raw veggies. Green tea.

Snack- a frozen banana 'ice cream' (from just the banana).

I had to attend a goodbye dinner tonight and it was almost all dairy (home made pizzas, pasta salad, cheese, pastried) and all I could have was the salads. I didn't really crave the pizza, pasta and pastries, but I do miss cheese, which I might still have after the W30. We'll see how reintroducing it will make me feel. It's getting easier and easier to be around non compliant food and not be tempted. :)

I really need to go grocery shopping. There's almost nothing good left to eat, but I won't have much time to cook anyways, until Friday (I'm out for most of the day every day until then). I think I'll make a frittata so there's something easy to reheat.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 15

FOOD

Coffee with coconut milk

Meal 1- 2 eggs omelet, a huge green salad snd some sweet potato

Snack- 2 apples

Meal 2- chicken thigh, a hard boiled egg carrots and cucumbers

Coffee without milk. (My first time, and I liked it!)

Life is great! :)

(still) DAY 16

FOOD

Coffee (no milk, getting used to it.)

Meal 1- chicken thigh, roasted peppers and onions and some coleslaw.

Snack- a lot of almonds abd some dried mango and pineapple.

Meal 2- a big salad with chicken and portabelo mushrooms.

I really need to buy some food already. Being prepared makes it so much easier.

MOOD

Annoyed. Probably because of the lack of sleep. Bah!

Going to sleep so I feel better tomorrow.

DAY 17

It's getting hard to be out for so many hours and still eat properly.

FOOD

Coffee

Meal 1- 2 eggs omelet, raw veggies, tahini and olives.

Snack- a smoothie (banana, strawberries, dates) and almond.

coffee

Meal 2- tuna salad, raw veggies and tahini.

SLEEP

8 hours.

DAY 18

Today was all about shopping for groceries and cooking, didn't really sit down to eat properly until dinner. Oops. I can't even try to log the eating mess I had today, but it was all W30 compliant, I promise. ;)

I made almond and walnut 'breaded' chicken breasts, broccoli and mushrooms frittata (from everydaypaleo.com), green tahini, green cabbage and carrots coleslaw, mayo (still didn't quite nail it, this time I used avocado oil) and cumin roasted carrots (from theclothesmakethegirl.com).

Tomorrow I'll make some sweet potato and coconut milk soup and roasted cualiflower.

I'm back to school next week so I will have no time to cook in the middle of the week. I need to get used to it.

Yesterday's log

DAY 19

I kept cookig for the rest ofthe week; made sweetpotato soup with coconut milk and some cauliflower mash. Everybody is back to Uni today in Israel but we still have 2 days off at my campus. :)

FOOD

Coffee

Green smoothie (my first ever- hazelnut milk, spinach, banana, chia seeds and almond butter. It was GOOD!)

Meal 1- almond and walnut 'breaded' chicken, coleslaw (no mayo) and cumin roasted carrots, green tahini

A few hazelnuts

Meal 2 (post WO)- sweet potato soup, broccoli frittata, mashed cauliflower, coleslaw and green tahini

I went to a 'kick and HIIT' class that evening. It's basically 40 minutes of kickboxing followed by 20 minutes of HIIT. I felt so out of shape during te kickboxing part and stopped in the middle. I was out of air (my asthma decided to visit for the first timein years) and my legs just wouldn't kick high enough. :/ I did te HIIT part and it was HARD but at least I did it.

I really need to start slow. My body is falling apart and maybe I need to get it strong enough before doing activities that are that intense.

DAY 20! (2/3 there)

SLEEP- 9 hours

Today I don't really have anything to do until friends' wedding tonight. I don't know how to survive a wedding without some wine. The food is also going to be quite tempting, but not enough for me to eat anything I'm not supposed to.

I started missing dairy a few days ago, mostly hard cheeses, and I can't wai for reintroduction! I also want to make some paleo crackers, but. Waiting until Novemer... Almost there!

DAY 21

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

FOOD

Coffee

Meal 1- broccoli frittata, coleslaw and cauliflower mash.

Snack- apple chips (just apples)

Meal 2- broccoli frittata, coleslaw and cauliflower mash.

Coffee

Snack- some hazelnuts

Meal 3- almond 'breaded' chicken, green tahini and some olives.

I need to get more sleep tonight...

DAY 22

I really feel like my busy schedule is making my W30 so much harder! Running from one place to another, not having a fridge or microwave in most places and not feeling like carring a huge bag with me every day so I can bring tons of food with me. I can't really afford ordering food, and it's not easy to find compliant food either.

I haven't had breakfast this morning, just coffee and apple chips (and I'm drinking an ice coffee a the moment). I will have a proper lunch in about 2 hour, though, and dinner a home. This is the moment when I realize how easy it is to just grab a sandwitch. :/

I also feel like I have to make some time for working out. I'm going to give CrossFit a try! It's really not that common in Israel but there is a place in my city and I even get a discount there, so I'm starting next week. :)

Yesterday's (day 22) food

Cooffee

Apple chips

Some more coffee

Meal 1- A huge salad ( one lady actully said my plate looked all colorful and pretty. lol) and a ginger 'orange' soup

Meal 2- Almond and walnut 'Breaded' chicken, sweet potato, avocado, cucumber hazelnuts

Frozen banana with some cacao powder 'ice cream'

Not ideal, I know.

DAY 23

Slept for only 5 hours last night but, for now, I feel great. Finally back to school today and I packed the last piece of the broccoli frittata, some cauliflower mash, sweet potatos, carrot sticks, apple chips, a banana and some nuts.

I love the fact that I now drink my coffee black. At least there's one thing that's easy for me to order. ;)

Yesterday's (day 23) food:

Coffee

Apple chips, a banana

Meal 1- broccoli frittata, cauliflower mash, sweet potatos

Hazelnuts and dried fruit

Meal 2- meatballs, a hard boiled egg, raw veggies, an avocado

Coffee

DAY 24 (less than a week to go!)

Sleep- 7 hours.

I'm already sipping my coffee :)

I'm supposed to be studying epidemiology right now, but it's SO boring!

I still miss dairy! I don't really NEED it or crave it, but I'm curious about how I'm going to feel during reintroduction... I don't think I have any need to drink milk ever again but I want to try some yogurt and some good quality cheese. My friend's family make cheese and yogurt from sheep and goats and I think I'll try some of their products. Sounds better than cow's milk and I know their animals are well treated.

I don't think I'll reintroduce grains or sugar, only beer...

I find that thinking about what I'll do after my W30 is really motivating. It really started being harder, the more time I spend away from home. Tomorrow I work in wine tastings, and I kind of need to try some to make sure the wine is okay... But I think I'll just smell it instead. :/

Yesterday's (day 24) food

Coffee

Meal 1- A hard boiled egg, cucumber

Snack- A pear

Meal 2- Chiken breast and fried onion with tahini

Coffee

Snack- carrot sticks

Snack- A banana and some dried fruit

I hate not having time and place to eat the way I need to!

DAY 25!

Sleep- 8 hours. Woke up 5 minutes before my alarm clock was supposed to go off. :)

Working in wine tastings today and I kinda need to check it's fine before serving it... If it doesn't smell fine I will have to try some. :/

And I finally bought It Starts With Food :)

yesterday's (day 25) food

coffee

coffee again

Meal 1- sweet potato soup, tuna salad, green salad with avocado

snack- almonds and dried pineapple

Meal 2- red peppers with green tahini

snack- almonds and a pear

I started feeling sick yesterday and let myself snack much more than I intended to. =\

DAY 26!

slept 9 hours. I really needed it! Woke up this morning feeling much better. =)

We're going to have lunch with the in-laws today, but I think I can find compliant food there (salads?). I'll eat something before, too.

DAY 26

FOOD

Coffee

Meal 1- chicken breast, sweet potato, green salad

Snack- coffee, almonds, a pear

Meal 2- a huge salad, sweet potato, green tahini, pesto and olives

Snack- coconut :) almonds

Today I made my first order from iherb and ordered some coconut flour for post W30 baking, couldn't really find any in Israel. I also got kelp noodles and some supplements for my husband and his family. So much cheaper than in stores around here :)

Also, the Israeli paleo comunnity is starting to form and we're having some products in group oreders (it's easy in such a small country) so I'll get some good quality coconut oil and coconut milkfor much cheaper now. Making some progress here! :)

I'm just about to go out with a friend and we'll probably sit in a bar. This is the moment when I wish it was already day 31 and I could have some wine. Not even beer, just a glass of wine. :/ at least I ate so I don't go out all hungry.

I feel bad about wanting te W30 to be over... :(

But I do plan on sticking to paleo way of life, just with some honey sometimes, maybe some dairy, paleo crackers or bread and a small glass of wine every now and then. That's all ;)

yesterday's (DAY 27) food

coffee

meal 1- 2 eggs omelet, a huge salad, avocado

coffee

meal 2- spinach and 2 eggs skillet with almonds

meal 3- a huge salad

DAY 28!

sleep- slept for only 6.5 hours. Still woke up feeling good.

went to my first CF workout this morning. I feel so out of shape but I'm making my first steps towards getting stronger again. I might have lost all those kilos and look good, but my body can't do all the things it used to. :( I'll have to work hard! The trainer there is also primal and was proud of me doing the W30.

My W30 is almost over and I can't wait to reintroduce a few things (yogurt, hard cheese, wine, beer and rice- for sushi). I also feel like making some paleo 'bread', tortillas and crackers again. And energy bars? Being back to school makes eating normal meals much much harder!

The paleo community in Israel is starting to become active and it's nice to see so many people taking care of themselves. It's still really small, but it's there. I'm not all alone here! :) Yay!

Yesterday's (DAY 29) food:

Herbal tea

Meal 1- tuna salad, sweet potatoes, raw veggies

Snack- nuts

Meal 2- 2 egg omelet, a huge salad, avocado

DAY 30! WOW! :)

Sleep- 6 hours. Not optimal but I'll make sure to sleep more tonight.

I'm at school and going to be here until 17:00. Packed some breakfast (tuna salad with olive oil and olives, raw veggies, nuts and dried fruit) and going to buy comliant lunch. Then I'm going to my first real CF workout. Exciting!

I already bought some greek yogurt for reintroductions tomorrow. I wasn't sure I was going to start reintroducing dairy yet because I felt a bit sick earlier this week. But I feel good now so I think I can handle it. I decided only to reintroduce yogurt and hard cheese tomorrow. I don't really miss milk or cream anymore! And I know my asthma is better because I'm not consuming them :) so I don't need to reintroduce them.

I can't believe it's almost over. I really made it all 30 days!

Now the next step is reintroduction and I'm still on the fence about reintroducing ost things. For mow, I want to reintroduce yogurt, hard cheese, rice. No gluten, no legumes! But what about other gluten free grains? Should I? And which are better options?

Congrats Natalia! You've done such a great job -- how do you feel? So awesome that the asthma is better. Any other changes?

I would suggest reintroducing foods one at a time so you can really see how they affect you. For instance start with dairy, then after a few days try rice. I would imagine that will make it easier to notice the impact of different foods.

Do you plan to keep posting? Good luck with reintroduction :)

Thanks, GFgirl and Maggie :)

I feel great! Other than my asthma being better (nose not stuffy anymore, easier to breathe), I feel much lighter and mostly more energized. My sleep is good (and even better when I go to bed early). My body sure thanks me for doing this :)

I'm so glad I did it :)

Your're right Maggie- my plan is to reintroduce dairy first (tomorrow)- yogurt in the morning and cheese in the evening. I'll wait until at least 3 days pass to reintroduce rice (soy-free sushi night!).

I think that from tomorrow I'll post my new adventures in the reintroduction section of the forum. :)

And I just remembered I can get on the scale tomorrow. Now I'm getting curious (I think I actually lost more weight, after the 22 lbs I lost before.)

Yesterday was day 30 and it feels so great to know I made it through the whole month!

Yesterday I did some CF and afterwards a trainer that saw me around there made me join his spin class. It was really fun. Got back home an had to cook some chicken for today so I went to bed late and woke up early.

I also got on the scale this morning and although I didn't feel that I gained fat, I gained about 3 lbs. But I really don't mind. I feel better and look better :) i never thought I would feel this way. Ever. :)

I am so tired! Almost falling asleep at school. I need to get some sleep this weekend.

Today I'm starting reintroduction so I guess I'm done writing my posts here and I'll keep posting here:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/4398-natalies-reintroduction/

Archived