Starting April 25. Anyone else?

ctgraham

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

I have done a Whole 30 before and had wonderful results!  Lots 10lbs in the 30 days and felt absolutely great.  Now I'm ready for another and intend to start on Monday 25th too.  I have two big family get togethers this weekend and so as much as I will take it easy, I cannot guarantee I will not slip up slightly, so Monday seems a more realistic day to start. On the last Whole 30 I did in February I managed to steer my way through 5 family celebrations, including my Father in law's 70th (no easy feat - he loves a drink!) so this next month should be a little easier although May brings my birthday!!

I wish everyone a massive success and you will not be disappointed. You will have your difficult days but at the end, you will feel a huge sense of achievement.

Love and good wishes

Sue x

I'll be starting on Monday as well!  A little nervous because I have tried this before and it did not go so well.  I have two little ones, which makes meal planning tough.  I am hoping this will reset my body as I have struggled with eating for 16 years now between anorexia and bulimia.  Recently it's been wine at night with snacks but not eating during the day.  I've stopped the alcohol and am extremely bloated and lethargic where I am usually very energetic.  Here's hoping for a reset in so many ways!

Hello All,

Just finished reading It Starts With Food, working my way through The Whole30 now. I'll be starting my Whole30 on Monday the 25th! Using the weekend to shop and meal prep :)

I'm very nervous, but excited too. Stick together through Week 1? It's going to be tough!!!

:)

My husband and I were planning on starting May 1st, but he had mentioned the other day that he is tired of being so run down, I said jokingly so let's start sooner, he said ok let's start Monday. So, needless to say we will be joining you all, yeah!!!

I suppose I'm jumping on the April 25 bandwagon as well. :) I'm the only one doing it in my set of friends or family, so I am glad all of you will be doing it as well! I had planned on a later start date but the unexplained illness my neuro/GP cannot exactly figure out came out of remission, so it's high time I get myself in gear! I look forward to doing this with you... I think. ;) lol

Is everyone prepped for Monday? I woke up thinking it was Monday and started panicking because I haven't made any chicken yet or bought bananas lol. Guess you could say I'm a little anxious.

I asked my husband if we could prep today and he said he wants to do it this week as we go. He hasn't even read any of the book! I'm getting a little stressed now.

I am staring on Monday. I have been aware of their program since inception, and been reading about Paleo and listening to Podcast for the last 8-7 years it seems, but I have never really cut all the bad stuff out, especially wine, cheese, etc.. a lot of those "moderation" options which I can never pull off it seems. I am turning 50 in about 3 months, and very much would like to cross that threshold with a different mind-set and approach to life. I do belief that it does "start with food" and I am a little apprehensive that I will not complete the 30 days, though been reading the book and signed up for the news letter, and it seems pretty supportive. 

Is there an accountability group on this website by start date? It seems like a number of us are starting on Monday

• Moderators

This is an accountability group you're on... this group will likely continue on through their W30, so feel free to jump in and participate.

There aren't 'official' start date groups, just threads that people make and other people join :)

Let's hear it for the April 25 Gang! Stopped by Trader Joe's today to get some yummy food to start things off right. Of course, I am planning on going out for ice cream tonight. Probably not the best thing to convince yourself you need a last treat before the world ends, but hey, you have to start somewhere. I am excited and ready for tomorrow!!! Let's do this!!!  :)

I'll join you all! I've done W30 before, but after having a baby, breastfeeding, returning to work, lack of sleep and exercise, I've found that I've gained a lot of weight back that I had lost previously. Feeling run down, and not confident at all and I need this. Looking forward to checking in with everyone.

Hi All,

I am starting my second Whole30 as well tomorrow! I felt really great after the first one, and really need a restart right now, in particular to check back in with myself regarding the role sugar plays in my life right now. So glad to see others are excited to get started as well!

For those starting your first Whole30, way to go! You really will learn a lot about yourself throughout this process. A few tips to pass along:

• Frozen veggies are your friend. While fresh is great, sometimes time does not allow for an extra grocery trip, and frozen veggies are a wonderful way to make sure you are getting enough at breakfast.
  • Don't try to make meals too complicated, things like canned tuna and salmon are easy and cheap (just check the labels with tuna in particular).
  • Yes, it really is ok to eat eggs every day. I have had them for breakfast for about 45 days straight at this point, and have yet to get tired of them.
  • If you are a coffee drinker, like me, I promise you will learn to love your new way of drinking coffee...either black, or blended with a little coconut oil.

Here is to a great start!

So happy to see so many others starting tomorrow! I have been putting off doing another Whole 30 for awhile now, but after going to the Dr last week (plus feeling achy and sick and tired for far too long...) it was time for me to make some drastic but very necessary changes.  Meals for the week are all prepped and mentally I think I am ready (though a little nervous//scared)! 

Archived