Rabbit poos

So, I've just started my 4th Whole30 - but I'm not eating meat (still eating fish and drinking bone broth).

Day 1 was good, went to the bathroom three times (poo) but there's were it stopped.

For the past four days I've been extremely constipated and all that's happening is little rabbit poos.

I've taken triphala and had some flax seed and psyllium husks in water before bed but that's not helping.

I've not experienced this before on my previous whole 30s, and not sure if it's related to not eating meat or if it's just something that will pass (no pun intended).

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks, S x

I'm on day 12 of my first whole 30 and having the same problem. I am following the plan to the letter and feel great, but this may be a deal breaker. I drink gallons of water but the discomfort is awful. Are stool softness like Senna allowed?

Magnesium/Natural Calm could help if you're not already taking it - magnesium acts as a muscle relaxant and so can also help with sleep, plus the vast majority of us are magnesium deficient anyway so it's never a bad one to add in. If you opt for natural calm check the ingredients list for off plan ingredients - I believe the original is the only compliant one.

Are you eating plenty of leafy greens? Or eating a lot of nuts?

I have been eating a lot of leafy greens, protein and fat with every meal. Every few days I will have a cup if fresh fruit. I did realize I have not been eating any potatoes in the past 12 days. I started out eating sweet potatoes but by day 5 it was too sweet, I couldnt eat them anymore (I guess that's good, I don't crave sugar anymore!). Whole30 is not that far off my regular diet with the exception of carbs, so hopefully adding potatoes back in will help. Thanks for the suggestions, I wilk try the magnesium if things don't get better quickly.

Archived