3 meals, 6 hours in between each meal

sboavida

I am planning for my second whole30 and due to my work schedule I will need to eat my meals around 7AM, 1PM and 7PM. This means going 6hrs without eating.

Is this too much? I know that in the first week I will need to have a morning snack because I just know it will take some time to make my breakfasts big enough to last 4-5h. I did this during my first whole30 but I was eating around 8:30 AM, 1:30 PM and 7PM. Then, I changed jobs and now I have a different schedule.

Is 6h without eating feasible after the second week of my whole30? How should I plan my meals in order to accomplish this?

That's pretty much how I eat on a daily basis. In fact I go closer to 7hrs between breakfast & lunch...

As you say, you may need a mini meal in the early stages until your body adapts, but it might be worthwhile just trying to build your meals to last you long enough. The body takes a lot longer to process protein so I'd eat towards the higher end of the template for that to ive you the staying power... And don't short change yourself on fat as this will provide your energy & ensure there's no brain fog.

In short, eat plenty, drink plenty of water, and you'll be fine!

Archived