no energy, no weight loss

Ok, so I´ve eaten W30-style for about five months now. In many ways it has transformed my life. I am recovering form a lifetime of sugar addiction and binge eating. I´ve had to adapt it because of food sensitivities and trigger foods. I eat animal protein (no eggs), good fats and non-starchy veggies and some coconut cream. I supplement with enzymes, vitamin D, omega-3, HCL and recently added some probiotics. I walk everywhere, do yoga, meditate and sleep ok. My cravings are gone, my tummy´s happy most of the time and my joints are less achy. Sounds good, right!?

But it´s not all sunshine. My energy levels are very low, so is my mood and I haven´t lost any weight. I had some bloodwork done (including thyroid markers), all was well except for iron levels. So I supplemented for a month and that helped with both energy and mood. But I´m still not well. I´m thinking maybe adrenal fatique due to all the stress I´ve put my body through? All you lovely people on the forum, any ideas?

• Moderators

You may need to add some starchy vegetables like sweet potato or butternut squash to improve your energy levels. I lost weight while eating a sweet potato almost every day, so I can assure you that cutting carbs is not required to lose weight.

Thanks Tom for the suggestion! I love sweet potatoes and winter squahes. My problem is that their sweet taste and starchiness trigger cravings for more and more sweet stuff (it doesn´t really matter whether it´s healthy sweets or not, as long as it´s sweet) and it´s the starting point to a very vicious cycle. That´s why I don´t eat them.

• 1 month later...

Archived