Special Dinner on day 25...advice?

superkmom

If anyone can give some advice, I'd appreciate it.  We are taking my mom out for an early mother's day present, along with a theatre show.  She chose the restaurant.  

http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/menu-listing/dinner/ri/providence/8001

I'm thinking if I order a filet cooked with only olive oil that should work?  I could also order a green salad with oil and vinegar on the side.  Trying not to be difficult.  We have a chef in the family and are well aware of stories of demanding patrons.  A family  member has already remarked "Well you are at day 25, won't be such a bad thing if you get a little butter on your steak, will it?"  Trying to keep the peace....but also not wreck what I've worked so hard at accomplishing!

If anybody can explain to me how to easily order the steak being sure it will be compliant, I'd appreciate it! (Or if anyone has better ideas, I'm all ears).  

Thanks!

Just ask how the steak is cooked, and go from there. You might not have to adjust anything. My guess is its cooked over Charcoal.   

I'm sure they'll have some veggies that aren't soaking in anything off plan as well.. Your salad will round things out nicely :)  Enjoy

• Moderators

Call the restaurant before you go and ask about things like marinades and cooking oil and work out what you should order before you even get there -- then there's no making a fuss when everyone's at the table. Just call them at a time when they're not busy, not in the middle of lunch or dinner rush.

Definitely call ahead. I would be very surprised if the steaks weren't finished with butter after looking at the menu. Also, they probably use olive oil in their dressing, but it may not hurt to just bring a little bit of your own. 

You might also be able to get the french beans (they're green beans, yay!) or the roasted mushrooms, but I also would suspect butter. 

Archived