Dija's W30 Log

Dija

Oct 1st was day one.

Not much different than most days, usual sorts of foods. But dinner got derailed from the plan and ended up eating some left over beef stew, which was already W30 friendly.

Breakfast: Beef stew (I should probably just call this cabbage stew as that was the main ingredient)

Lunch: Bacon, eggs, apple, coconut butter (homemade coconut butter and it's amazing)

Dinner: Cabbage (with beef and other stuff) stew.

I also had a handful of cashews spread throughout the day. Might have ended up being 2 handfuls, but barely.

Iced black tea (PG Tips). No sweetener of course, I never liked sweet tea anyway.

I made some ghee to have on hand. Super easy to make, not sure why I never did that before.

Day one, no biggie, just like any other day so far. Which I think is how it usually goes for people.

Day2

Day 2 was a rough day, not because of food choices, but because it was just hectic with work. I didn't get much of a chance to really do any cooking.

Anyway, just listing out what went into my mouth...honestly, not nearly enough food. Each meal was large, but for the entire day, not enough.

Coffee

Egg, red onion, red pepper, ghee scramble

Bacon

Can sardines

homemade lara bar (balls)*

Chicken, onions sweet potato

* 2 kinds:

dates+almond and dates+cashews

I had 1 1/2 of each and they were about 1.5" in diameter

Very good, but a little too sweet for my taste, will stick to 1 at a time.

Day3 is being shifted back to day 1. I discovered that my bacon, Applegate Farms Hickory smoked actually has sugar in it. I had 5 pieces of it over the last two days. None today though.

So far today:

Coffee, the last of my stew.

Day 1 revisited:

Coffee

Stew

Spaghetti squash with meatball marinara (from the Everyday Paleo cookbook)

Salad

Another super busy day with out time to stop and fix more food until late. I have plenty of stuff ready to go for lunch today though. I'm all set.

I've been sleeping HORRIBLY the last few nights. Last night was a bit better, but spent a lot of time laying in the dark thinking "sleep, sleep, sleep...anytime now"

Day2 revisited:

So far today is going much better than yesterday. I've actually been able to breath. And having leftovers means I've also been able to eat...win win.

Coffee

Breakfast: Spaghetti squash + spices (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg) and ghee

Lunch: Leftover spaghetti squash and meatball marinara

Dinner: Leftover spaghetti squash and meatball marinara and big 'ol salad.

Couldn't find just plain sun dried tomatoes in olive oil at the local grocery store. So we ended up with leftovers.

They had several kinds of sun dried tomatoes, but the one that was "in pure olive oil" had all kinds of crap in it.

The closest one to being safe still had sulphur dioxide to "preserve color". And it's my understanding that sulphur dioxide can worsen asthma symptoms in some asthmatics...so I decided to leave it out. It doesn't seem to fit with the W30 plan.

Day 4, Saturday was a bit rough. Only when it came to dinner time and I REALLY wanted some rice to go along with dinner. I abstained though and kept on track.

Starting Day5, Sunday with a cup of coffee and looking at some recipes.

Archived