Chicago help - Wrigley Field

lisakmoser

My husband is traveling to Chicago for work next week (starting Whole30 tomorrow) and will also be going to Wrigley Field. While he's SO excited he's nervous about eating there. Anyone live there and know what type of food they have at the park? ANYTHING compliant? Thanks in advance!!

• Moderators

Ooof. I go to Wrigley a couple times every year and can't think of a single compliant thing in the joint except a bottle of water, maybe a cup of coffee this early in the season. The surrounding area has lots of bars and restaurants, but they'd be pretty sketchy, too, I'd say. However, there is a Whole Foods down Addison nearly to Broadway (maybe three blocks from the ballpark) if he needs to pick up a meal nearby before or after the game. 

It's challenging but not impossible to watch baseball without drinking beer and eating peanuts and hot dogs. The best way is to show up without being hungry and stay hydrated.

Thank you so much! The beer thing will be OK since he's going in knowing ahead of time he can't have it. I was just hoping there would be ONE thing he could eat or snack on (cashews or whatever). But he will for sure stop at the Whole Foods, that works well too. He's so excited to see Wrigley Field that it's not a deal breaker. Thanks for your quick reply!

Archived