Amy's 1st Whole30 Starting May 1

Amyfur27

HI everyone,

I am excited to start my first Whole30 tomorrow and start the journey to feeling healthier.    Since this is my first time taking on any type of challenge like this, I decided to use the 7 day meal plan provide in the Whole30 book for week 1.  I figure this will be a good way to give me an idea of what this will entail in terms of meal planning, prep and grocery shopping. I even made my own almond milk today.

I went grocery shopping last night and I have to say that I have never bought so much fresh food in my life, and it was a little overwhelming.  But I am confident that I can make it through the 30 days, and possibly longer if I feel that I need to keep going.

I know it will be challenging, but my health is more important than the junk food we are used to eating.  My husband is also doing it with me so I will have his support and he will have mine.

Looking forward to my fresh start.

Sorry about that last one, trying to figure out how to work the forum.

I am starting my 1st Whole30 today! I'm excited and a bit nervous. I purged the house, which turned out to be a bigger task than anticipated.

I feel like there will definitely be plenty of challenges. I have a toddler and my husband is starting the Whole30 with me. He is more hesitant, but I'm hoping he can make it through.

I am ready to start down a healthier path!

I started on May 1st as well. Today is Day 4. My husband is also doing this with me, but I'm worried about him making it as well. He is a medic in the 911 system here, and he is one busy man. At sixty, he needs to do things differently and get more rest and eat to keep going. I recently lost my mother, two best friends left me, and over the last year and one half have eaten and drank myself far up the scale. I wanted to challenge myself and commit to 30 days of eating differently.  It was expensive when we purged and repurchased. The homemade mayo nearly broke me in two on day 1. Not to mention all the prep. By day 2, I was in a fog, lots of physical pain, emotional roadblocks. Day 3 I was just plain mad. Today, I've started out OK, we'll see how the fatigue and moods play out.  We made a huge compliant chicken salad. Turkey, beef, parsley, onion meatballs. A huge spinach and compliant sausage frittata with plenty of added vegetables. Dairy has always been big around here; wine too. Both gone. Cereal, oats, breads also big, gone. My husband is having to pay attention to every little label if he shops, I'm used to it. Lots of work to prepare and keep preparing. I hope to make it through with support from this forum!  Meg

Archived