What to eat when you get sick??

I've decided to do 2 back to back rounds of the Whole 30, so I am around day 50. In the past couple of days I have come down with what feels like a stomach bug. I have some nausea and some diarrhea, just not feeling well at all. I am sure there could be a plethora of causes, maybe it's not a bug even, etc. but my question is this: What should I eat when I don't feel well?

Previously I would rely on saltines or dry toast and ginger ale, in addition to some lovely homeopathic medicines, etc. I like to start with food as medicine, so obviously my previous choices were junk, so what now?! I really feel stumped. I have made ginger tea and had ginger essential oil in my water, but what can I actually put in my belly to be able to sustain myself but not bog me down? I am taking things much easier with extra sleep and hardly any activity, and since things go in waves with this particular strain of bug I have managed to work a little, but I really would like to figure out something good to eat now because the typical food I have been trying to eat feels too heavy and salads just don't feel right now either. Thoughts??? I debate mustering up energy to make a chicken noodle soup sans noodles...hmmm....

Thank you!

When I've had stomach bugs on Whole 30 (now on my 2nd one), I've microwaved a sweet potato. Kind of helps in the same way that saltines used to help, especially when I don't feel like I can stomach meat or salads.

Hope you feel better soon!

Archived