...Here We Go...

HLM18

Whole 30 #1

Started 5/2/16

GGGGOOOOOAAAAALLLLSSSS

-Control Sugar Dragon + Snacking Habits

-Eat Healthier

-Train Harder

-Prove a point, cuz I'm stubborn like that ;)

Sunday Meal Prep

-Roasted Sweet Potatoes-EVOO

-Roasted Broccoli-EVOO

-Grilled Chicken on Traeger-EVOO

-Grilled Turkey Burgers on Traeger

-CauliRice-Ghee

R1D1M1

post-93937-0-47884200-1462310900_thumb.j

2 scrambled eggs, scrambled in Avocado Oil (I realized after I left home that it was not enough; I discovered the nifty how many eggs can you hold trick & upped it the next day)

Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Roasted Broccoli

Coffee

R1D1M2

post-93937-0-65894700-1462310901_thumb.j

-Grilled Chicken

-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

-CauliRice

-Half Avocado

-Slice Strawberries

R1D1PW1 (Pre Workout)

-Closed handful of Cashews

R1D1PW2 (Post Workout)

-1/2 serving Grilled Chicken

-Beets

R1D1M3

post-93937-0-75201400-1462310902_thumb.j

-Breaded (Almond Meal) Pork Chops pan fried in avocado oil

-Beets

-Salad w/ lemon juice + EVOO

-Sliced Strawberries

Drank-110 oz. of H2O

Worked Out- 30 minute HIIT routine + 2.50 mile run with interval training

Mood-Excited that I finally started this; I've been talking about it for a few months and been trying to slowly phase the naughty things out.

Sleep-Took a while to fall asleep, but once I did I was out until the alarm

R1D2M1

-4 scrambled eggs (# comfortably held in hand) in Avocado Oil w/ Pink Salt

-CauliRice

-Roasted Broccoli

-Coffee

R1D2M2

-Grilled Turkey Burger

-Wholly Guacamole (100 calorie cups)

-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

R1D2PREWO

-Soft Boiled Egg; chopped

-Mixed with 1 Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie cup 

R1D2POSTWO

-1/2 serving grilled chicken

-Sweet potato chips

R1D2M3

post-93937-0-64508500-1462370429_thumb.j

-Baked Sweet Potato

-Ground Beef with seasonings

-Mango Avocado Salad

-Sliced Tomato

-Fried Plantains

Drank: 120 oz. water

Exercise: 30 min Upper body work out with dumbbells + 2.90 mile run. The run was a bit sluggish, but I am blaming it on the heat, its definitely warming up! 

Mood: Well, I discovered something that is going to make this reallllll hard for me.... NO GUM! I am an avid gum chewer, like a pack a day kind of gum chewer.  I am grateful that I decided to double check before I tossed that piece in my mouth yesterday. Oh well, one more thing I get to power through :) And true to the timeline, about 1:30 I got a nice solid headache that stuck around for most of the evening, but other than that feeling a-ok!

Sleep: Good, but I am waiting for the day were A: I won't hit the snooze at least once + B: Not needing a dang alarm :angry:

Day 3 ;)

R1D3M1

-2 Over easy eggs in Avocado Oil

-Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage

-CauliRice

-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

R1D3M2

post-93937-0-60790700-1462461219_thumb.j

-Baked Sweet Potato

-Left over Ground Beef with Spices

-Left over Mango Avocado Salad

-Left over Plantain

-Roasted Chicken for a bit more protien

R1D3PREWO

-Soft boiled egg

-Closed handful of unsalted cashews

R1D3POSTWO

-Dinner was ready right after I was done so I skipped out

R1D3M3

post-93937-0-67168800-1462461218_thumb.j

-Flat Iron Steak grilled on the Traeger

-Roasted Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto

-Baked Sweet Potato with compliant Salsa

Drank: 120 oz. of H20

Exercise: Much better today! Ran an easy 3.78 miles

Mood: Headache USA! But overall I was fine, until later in the evening I had a snapping point & then immediately thought, "Am I already starting to act like its day 4-5?!?!" I am realizing what little prep I did do on Sunday has been a life saver! And sweet potatoes have quickly became a new favorite. Is it possible to eat too many?!

Sleep: Not very good. I usually am not one that wakes up at night & last night I woke up multiple times and tossed and turned All. Night. Long. Makes for a tireddddd morning.

I don't GET headaches and had one all evening yesterday as well. Hang in there!

I totally feel for people that get migraines, I couldn't imagine!!

Thanks! & Same to you! :D

Day 4 :blink:

R1D4M1

post-93937-0-49860800-1462554345_thumb.j

-Small baked potato, mashed

-1/2 banana; ripe & mashed

-Cinnamon

-Dash of pink salt

-Handful of raisins

-Handful of unsweetened coconut flakes

-2 tablespoons of almond butter

*I mix all the above items together to make a wonderful little breakfast bowl* I found the recipe on Pinterest or here . I love how easy and customizable this is!

-2 scrambled eggs

-Sliced strawberries

R1D4M2

-Grilled Chicken

-Roasted Sweet Potato

-CauliRice

-Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie Cup

R1D4SNACK

-Lemon Lara Bar (I went grocery shopping right after work and was starving, thankfully Target had these on hand)

R1D4M3-CINCO DE MAYO :D

post-93937-0-58657700-1462554347_thumb.j

-Fajitas-bell peppers, onions and left over flat iron steak with yummy spice mix

-On top of a bed of greens

-Half of an avocado

-Cup of Good Food Tableside Chunky Guacamole

-Sliced Pink Lady Apple

Exercise: Ran 3.67 miles with a time that qualified in my top 25 ;)

Mood: I was a bit on edge, but I have been in worse moods. Today was the first time I felt like I needed a snack & jumped on a Larabar to help me get through until dinner.

Sleep: Better. Still waking up a couple times and seriously been dreaming that I am doing things against the rules for the Whole30. Last night I dreamt I made cookies for the hubby and then licked the spoon :o  :o :o  

Sleep:. Last night I dreamt I made cookies for the hubby and then licked the spoon :o  :o :o  

I dreamed that I ate fried chicken and I was appalled because (in the dream) hubby was telling me to go ahead and eat it as no-one would know. Yikes!

Day 5  :wacko:

R1D5M1

-Cinnamon

-Dash of pink salt

-Handful of raisins

*I mix all the above items together to make a wonderful little breakfast bowl* I found the recipe on Pinterest or here . I love how easy and customizable this is!

-2 scrambled eggs

-Coffee

R1D5M2

-Grilled Turkey Burger

-Roasted Sweet Potato

-CauliRice

-Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie Cup

-Franks Hot Sauce

R1D5M3

-Compliant Canned Tuna

-Black Olives

-Closed Handful of Cashews

-Sweet Potato 'Chips'

Drank: 80 oz H20

Exercise: None :( 

Mood: I was a bit stressed, but that was because I knew I was traveling and going to be gone this weekend.  I drove for 6 hours after work to head back home to spend the weekend with my family, so exercise didn't happen.  It was extremely difficult not to snack while driving and not being able to pop a piece of gum in my mouth.  I did sneak 2 closed handfuls of cashews and 1 That's It Fruit Bar before I had my on-the-go dinner.  I think long drives is where my snacking is the worst. Hopefully on Sunday I will be able to control it better.

Sleep: Pretty good.

Day 6 B) 

R1D6PreWO

-Soft boiled egg

-Coconut Oil in Coffee

R1D6PostWO

-1/2 a beef patty

R1D6M1

-Cinnamon

-Dash of pink salt

-Handful of raisins

*I mix all the above items together to make a wonderful little breakfast bowl* I found the recipe on Pinterest or here . I love how easy and customizable this is!

R1D6M2-I was running errands with my mama so it was on the go

-Compliant Epic Bar

-Black Olives

-Sweet Potato 'Chips"

R1D6M3

-Roasted Sweet Potato

-1 1/2 beef patties

-Franks Hot Sauce

1 avocade

Drank: 120 oz H20

Exercise: Kept it short and sweet to spend more time with the fan.  Ran 2.67 miles on refreshing country roads.

Mood: Great! I didn't feel tired at all.  Maybe just my excitement to be home, visit my loved ones and check out my baby calves that I haven't gotten to see  :wub:

Sleep: Real good.

Day 7 :o

R1D6PreWO

-Soft boiled egg

-Coconut Oil in Coffee

R1D6PostWO

-1/2 a beef patty

R1D7M1

-Small baked sweet potato, mashed

-Cinnamon

-Dash of pink salt

-Handful of raisins

R1D7M2

-Slice of Prime Rib

-Bowl of Fruit

-Scrambled Eggs

R1D7M3

-Compliant Turkey Deli Meat

-Baby Carrots

-Pistachios

Drank: 120 oz H20 + Coconut Water

Exercise: 3.34 mile run with my fur baby and my fur sister :)

Mood: Happy, happy, happy.  Proud of how disciplined I have been while traveling. Family tradition on Mothers Day means I make a ton of homemade cinnamon rolls (the Pioneer Woman recipe). Not only did I not eat one, I didn't even sneak a taste of the frosting while making it.  It was a little strange cooking something and not being able to check the flavors, but it seemed to work out because the rolls were gone extra quick! For lunch, we went to a local restaurant where they were doing a buffet style brunch.  It was super difficult not diving into my normal favorites, but I stuck to what I knew was safe. Sadly, it wasn't much more than some beef and fruit, but I made it work.

Sleep: Excellent!

Day 8 :rolleyes:

R1D8M1

-Dash of pink salt

-Handful of raisins

-Coffee

Totally spaced on protein this morning; blaming it on my lack of sleep

R1D8M2

-Grilled Hamburger Patty with Compliant Mustard

-Asparagus bunches wrapped in Prosciutto

-Half of an avocado

-Sliced Strawberries

R1D8M3-Hello Whole30 Recipes

post-93937-0-19939900-1462888815_thumb.j

-Chimichurri Beef Kabobs

-Broccoli, Mushroom & Yellow Squash with Red Pepper Sauce

*It's true what they say, the sauces definitely take the yumminess up another level!*

**Another side note, yes that's a paper plate.  After all the food prep with the sink and dishwasher full I couldn't bare to think of one more dish to wash. Sanity Saver!**

Drank: 120 oz H20

Exercise: Nada... :(

Mood: I was tired, but I know that was from my busy traveling schedule.  I was real unhappy I didn't get to sneak a work out in, but it was either work out and have no meals ready for this week or go grocery shopping and get some meal prep done.  Yesterday was the first time I really dug into the recipe section of The Whole 30 & I was incredibly impressed by just our one meal last night,  I believe the rest of the weeks meals come out of it & can't see what goodies to discover.  To save the TMI details, I am definetly following right along with the timeline, these days aren't all that fun.  Ready to get past it and fly through day 10 +11.  So far it has not been that difficult, there are moments when I really just wanted to eat something (like the 7 tins of homemade cinnamon rolls I made), but I have powered through and that's a good feeling.  The only thing I have been craving is BBQ sauce; weird I know.  But tonight for dinner I am giving the baby back ribs a go and making the compliant BBQ sauce to go with it.

Sleep: Pretty good, but I wasn't in bed till after midnight; that's LLAATTEE for me. I have been waking up about 45 mins before my alarm, but I love my sleep and always manage to fall back asleep until my alarm.

Day 9 :blink:

R1D9M1

-4 scrambled eggs cooked with Avocado Oil

-Coffee with a spoonful of Coconut Oil

R1D9M2

-Grilled Hamburger Patty

-Baked Sweet Potato

-Good Food Chunky Guacamole

-Red Pepper Sauce

R1D3PREWO

-1/2 Grilled Hamburger Patty

-1/2 of an Avocado

R1D3POSTWO

-Handful or Epic Jerky

R1D9M3-All recipes from The Whole 30

post-93937-0-36420400-1462975475_thumb.j

-Baby Back Ribs with Tangy BBQ Sauce

-Cauliflower Mash

Exercise: 3.20 mile run with intervals + 30 minutes full body stability ball workout with dumbells

Mood: Feeling good :D  Ready for the 'adjustments' to be over with.  I have noticed that afternoons until about my bedtime I have a massive surge of energy.  I used to be done for by 3:30 and have little to no motivation to do more than cook dinner and a couple house chores, let alone exercise too- this is a wonderful change :)

Sleep: Slept good, but was a bit tired still from my late night.

Day 10 ^_^

R1D10M1

-4 scrambled eggs cooked with Avocado Oil

-Coffee with a spoonful of Coconut Cream

R1D10M2

-Banana

R1D10PREWO

-1/2 Grilled Hamburger Patty

R1D10M3-All recipes from The Whole 30

post-93937-0-64293700-1463063477_thumb.j

-Pan fried Pork Chop in Avocado Oil sprinkled with Pink Salt, Pepper & Smoked Paprika

-Baked Spaghetti Squash topped with Whole 30 Pesto

-Leftover Broccoli, Mushroom & Yellow Squash with Red Pepper Sauce

Exercise: 3.50 mile run which was horrible! I was slow and struggled the whole time!

Mood: I SKIPPED A MEAL! So annoyed with myself, totally spaced it on packing my lunch for work.  We were shorthanded so I didn't have time to run home for lunch.  Thankfully I had an extra banana that I didn't eat for breakfast. Maybe that's why I felt so BLAH during my workout.  I did have my normal surge of energy later that evening so I cleaned out the garage, swept it out (enough sweeping to have some blisters this morning) & started getting a spot ready to make it my work out haven.

Sleep: Great. Except my vivid dreams seem to always be happening right when my alarm clock goes off leaving me in a head fog when I wake up.  This morning I was having a dream about playing softball with my old high school team.

Day 11 :D

R1D11M1

-Dash of pink salt

-Handful of raisins

-Coffee with a bit of coconut oil

-2 scrambled eggs in avocado oil

R1D11M2

-Leftover Pan fried Pork Chop in Avocado Oil sprinkled with Pink Salt, Pepper & Smoked Paprika

-Left over Baked Spaghetti Squash topped with Whole 30 Pesto (I thought the pesto was much better next day)

R1D11POSTWO

-1/2 serving of Epic Jerky

R1D11M3-All recipes from The Whole 30

post-93937-0-63096600-1463147576_thumb.j

-Melissa's Chicken Hash Served on a Bed of Spinach-YUMMMM!

Drank: 140 oz. of H20

Exercise: 40 minute total body workout on stability ball + 1.62 mile night run. (I felt bad not taking my fur babe on a run, so I guilted myself into going on a quick one around 9:15, but I loved it.

post-93937-0-66877200-1463147577_thumb.j

The cool evening air was amazing!)-Side note, I love where I live!

Mood:  Feeling great! I feel that clothes fit better, & my problem areas aren't looking as horrid as I thought they once have. Really loving this program. I got over my BBQ sauce cravings, but this am on the radio they were talking about soft serve ice cream and been continually thinking about that :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Sleep: So-so, I woke up a couple times and which resulted in me hitting the snooze more than once....

Day 12 :lol:

R1D12M1

-Leftover Melissa's Chicken Hash Served on a Bed of Spinach

-Coffee with Coconut Oil

R1D12M2

-Leftover Melissa's Chicken Hash Served on a Bed of Spinach-Seriously sooo good! I could eat this all the time!

-1/2 Avocado

R1D12M3

-Baked Sweet Potato

-Scrambled Eggs in Avocado Oil

-1/2 Avocado

Exercise: NONE! Some equipment for my garage gym showed up so I was busy setting up and getting some stuff together.. Getting excited about this stuff!

Mood: Tonight we met some friends at our local watering hole, making it the first friend gathering in since starting the Whole30. It was really strange not having a drink and strongly realized what a social drinker I am. I downed at least 5 glasses of water, just to have something to do.  They ordered an array of bar food and was so hard not to mindlessly grab a handful and start snacking, but I didn't! I was really glad I ate beforehand or that fried food would have KILLED me!

Sleep: Pretty a ok.

Day 13 ^_^

R1D13PREWO

-Coffee with Coconut Oil

-1/2 Grilled Turkey Burger

R1D13POSTWO

-1/2 Grilled Turkey Burger

R1D13M1

-Grilled Turkey Burger

-Sautéed Spinach

-Good Food Chunky Table Guacamole

R1D13M2

-Monkey Salad- Found Here

*sub'd strawberries for the blueberries*

(I had yet to go grocery shopping & was running low on a little bit of everything, so this had to work in a pinch)

R1D13M3

-Baked Sweet Potato

-Tri Tip

-Lots of veggies off the veggie tray

-Grilled Pineapple

Exercise: Sooo much energy today! Woke up and went for a 3.21 mi run. After doing yard work for 5 hours I had lunch then decided to do a 35 min total body dumbbell workout in my work-in-progress garage gym, finished with a quick 1.08 mi run.

Mood: Happy, energetic and just overall feeling GOOD!  We had another gathering to go to at my in laws, so I had a sweet potato beforehand, just in case there weren't many options. Thankfully they had a great veggie tray (I think I ate half of it), plus some awesome tri tip, seasoned with complaint yumminess (I checked the labels :P) & then snuck a couple grilled pieces of pineapple off the grill (before they were consumed by a insanely delicious smelling NON compliant sauce).  I brought my handy little mason jar bottle which has been a life saver & got my H20 intake done easily.

Sleep: Soo good! Even woke up before my alarm (that never happens on the weekend!)

Day 14 :)

R1D14M1

-Monkey Salad- Found Here

*sub'd strawberries for the blueberries*

-Coffee with Coconut Oil + Cinnamon

R1D14M2

-Grilled Turkey Burger with Mustard

-Whole30 Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Squash

-Whole30 Roasted Beet, Orange & Avocado Salad

R1D14M3-Whole30 Recipes

-Grilled Coconut Curry Chicken

-Whole30 Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Squash

-Pink Lady Apple

Exercise: Weather was yuck, but the pup was wanting to do something so we went for a nice 3.10 mile stroll.

Mood: Still feeling good. Received lots of compliments last night and asking what I have been doing.  Nothing like a nice little ego boost + some more confirmation that this program is really working and its not just in my head! Finally got to go grocery shopping and did about 2 hours worth of meal prep-Woohoo!

Sleep: Had a dream that I ate something like a twinkie (I am not sure what exactly it was, but similar) like it was no big deal & as if it was compliant.  I didn't start feeling upset until a while later realizing it had SUGAR in it (not to mention all the other junk).  I remember feeling overwhelmed at the thought of starting over again; boy was I happy that was only a dream... On to day 15!

Day 15 :angry:

R1D15M1

-Leftover Whole30 Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Squash

-Leftover Grilled Coconut Curry Chicken

-2 scrambled eggs in EVOO

-Coffee

R1D15M2

-Banana

-Closed Handful of Cashews

R1D15M3-Whole30 Recipes

post-93937-0-62208200-1463494133_thumb.j

-Flat Iron Steak

-Small Baked Sweet Potato

-Cold Thai Salad with Sunshine Sauce

R1D15POSTWO

-1/2 serving of chicken

Exercise: MY WEIGHTS ARE HERE!

post-93937-0-09124600-1463494132_thumb.j

I finally got all my stuff and got my power rack set up and started using it asap. Warmed up with 10 mins of jump rope (when did jump rope become so hard?!?) Did 3X10 of squats, bench, and rows + 2X12 of calf raises.

Mood: Funkyyyyy day! Felt tired the second my alarm went off and felt like that for the rest of the day.  My stomach was in a horrible state, hence such a crappy lunch. I couldn't think of stomaching much more & barely choked what I did eat down.  I am not sure if it has something to do with curry (I never eat it) or a combo of things. I was fairly hungry when dinner time rolled around, but when I started fixing my plate I got that yuck feeling again. I did eat it and then a while later I went and worked out. Tired, headache and just plain grouchy. Hoping tomorrow will go better. :angry:  :angry: :angry:  

Sleep: Couldn't fall asleep.  I usually try to be in bed my 10:30, but lately not falling asleep till after 11 or even midnight.  Not sure why, I am usually the type of person that can sleep anytime, anywhere.

Day 16 :rolleyes:

R1D16M1

-4 scrambled eggs in EVOO

-1/2 Avocado

-Coffee

R1D16M2

-Grilled Chicken Breast

-Good Food Chunky Tableside Guacamole

-Last of the Whole30 Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Squash

-Leftover Cold Thai Salad with Sunshine Sauce

R1D16PREWO

-Complaint Turkey wrapped around avocado slices with some Mustard

R1D16POSTWO

-1/2 serving of grilled chicken

R1D16M3-Whole30 Recipes

-Whole 30 Stuffed Peppers

-Whole30 Perfect Roasted Vegetables

-1/2 Avocado

-Leftover Cold Thai Salad with Sunshine Sauce

-Handful of Blueberries

Exercise: 15 minutes foam roller + 4.47 mile run with my naughty dog.

Mood: Felt lots better today.  I still hate waking up in the mornings.  But love how much more energetic I feel in the afternoons after I get off work.  When I got home I was in one of those moods where I *pre whole30* would have munched on anything and everything I found that was sweet.  Not that I was even craving it, it would just be something that was.... there & that I thought I wanted.  I am not sure how to explain. But instead I jumped into some kitchen chores, threw on some energetic music, hopped in my cute new work out clothes & went on with my day! Good to know I have made it half way and am now on the down hill slide :D  :D

Sleep: Wayyyyy better. Fell asleep quickly and stayed like that until my alarm.. Boo!

Day 17 ^_^

R1D17M1

-4 scrambled eggs in EVOO

-1/2 Avocado

-Coffee

R1D17M2

-Grilled Turkey Burger

-Good Food Chunky Tableside Guacamole

-Last of the  Cold Thai Salad with Sunshine Sauce

R1D17PREWO

-Closed Handful of Almonds

R1D17POSTWO

-Couple Big Shrimp

R1D17M3-Whole30 Recipes

-Romesco Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles

*I've been horrible with pictures, but I was so excited for shrimp last night that I dug in before I had a chance*

Exercise: 10 min. warm up + 45 min strength training session with deadlifts, pull-ups, overhead shoulder press, bicep curls and abs.

Mood: Feeling good.  Nothing crazy out of the ordinary. I am disliking the thought my Whole30 being over. I love the structure & keep thinking what the heck am I going to eat after this?! I am starting to re-read the reintroduction phase and have been scouring the forums, for anything that will be helpful with life after Whole30.

Sleep: So good.  Had some crazy weird dreams! But feel asleep quicker than I have been the last few nights.

Day 18 :wub:

R1D18M1-HANGRY!

-4 eggs scrambled in Avocado Oil

Small baked sweet potato, mashed

-Dash of pink salt

-Handful of raisins

-1 tablespoon of almond butter

-Coffee

R1D17M2

-Canned Salmon mixed with Good Food Chunky Tableside Guac

-Lime Juice

-Sweet Potato

-Salsa

-Pink Lady Apple

R1D18POSTWO

-Few spoonful's of ground beef + a couple slices of bell pepper

R1D18M3-Whole30 Recipes

-Thai Cucumber Cups

*I didn't use the cucumbers and instead just spooned this over a ton of spinach and kale....So GOOD! Hubby put it in a tortilla (obviously he's not Whole30), its a versatile recipe!

Exercise: 3.17 mile run with Fast Intervals

Mood: Feeling good.  No crazy TIGER BLOOD, but just overall feeling... GOOOOOD! Clothes fit amazing, I know pounds and inches have came off. I have energy, no crazy cravings.. Sometimes I just cant believe that me, Miss Sweet Tooth, hasn't died without her sugar, I am so insanely excited about that part! My skin seems better, I usually get a couple break outs but so far its be very neutral. However, I have horrible circulation, to the point where my hands are always cold...Like I hate to shake peoples hands because 9 out of 10 times the other person comments on my hand temperature.  I was hoping that maybe the Whole30 would help me with that problem, but I have yet to see any change with that.

Sleep: So good! I just reallllly dislike waking up in the mornings. Once I am up and out of bed, I am fine, but sheesh that first initial step of waking up, I HATE!

Archived