Day 3,horrible--Day 4, not so bad

vic.renk

Sooo, my hubby and I have made the plunge and started the W30 on Monday. The first two days were great! We felt good, felt rested (despite being woken multiple times by our daughters), overall feeling positive. Then day three came and hit me hard. I ate my breakfast of eggs with avacodo, homemade salsa and spinach. Then around lunchtime I felt awful. I felt really "out of it". No energy, NO appetite and then I had to start running to the bathroom...maybe it was all the good fat in my system "cleaning the pipes" if you will, lol! I made a beautiful meal of cilantro-lime salmon on spinach with roasted red/yellow/orange peppers and guacamole. My 4 year old even said that "Dada's dinners looks so nice!", yes just Dada's dinner because I could not eat even one bite. So I basically didn't eat anything since breakfast besides a few almonds I choked down, so I expected to wake up this morning (day 4) completely ravaged. Not the case. I wasn't hungry at all, but I made my eggs and had them with just a bit of guacamole leftover from last night. I still felt "off" most of the day. I wasn't craving old bad foods, I'm just had no energy and no appetite. I made a non W30 compliant protien shake for lunch with whey protein, soy milk, spinach, banana, blackberries, and strawberries. That gave me a little boost and now by dinner time I actually have an appetite again, having the leftover salmon (which was super tasty!), leftover flank steak from day 2 and roasted veggies.

Sorry that was a long "sum-up" of my first 4 days but I had to get it out onto this forum so I can gain tips/advice on why I was feeling so crummy and positive reinforcement to keep going!

Thanks,

Vic :-)

Start of day 5 and I am hungry today! Both my hubby and I are feeling good, except one thing, energy. I wonder what we are missing in our diet? I think maybe starchy veggies? We haven't had any sweet potatoes yet. Are there any others I'm missing?

Our weekends were always our downfall. We would eat fairly well during the week (not nearly as well as we've eaten this past week) and then the weekend wound come. We would blow it up with "easy" foods and alcohol to "unwind" and "take it easy". We FINALLY realized that that was causing us more stress. If we can make it thru our first weekend on the W30 we are making huge progress. So happy Friday, here's to a great weekend!

Archived