Breakfast Help - So, So Many Eggs

Can anyone suggest breakfast ideas that aren't eggs.  I have frittata-ed myself to death and I am over eggs in a big way.

I have a few restrictions --

- I have NO time to cook in the mornings, which is why I liked frittatas.  I could make one on Sunday night and it'd last for 4 days.

- I'm pescatarian (Sometimes I'll eat some leftover fish for breakfast.)

- I can't handle a lot of sugar in the morngins -- so fruit based smoothies are out for me (even if they were okay on Whole 30).

- I eat a lot of roasted vegetables for lunch, and I don't want to repeat that for breakfast.  Some vegetables are great, but a vegetable hash would be super redundant.

Thank you!

• Moderators

Tuna salad or salmon salad on top of a lot of whatever leafy greens you like. Salmon cakes (or mackerel cakes, or tuna cakes) with whatever vegetables you want.

Vegetable wise, look at salads -- not necessarily the leafy green kinds, which I personally get bored with pretty quickly, but heartier, chunkier ones, like: Spring Chopped Salad, Belly Dance Beet Salad, Muffaletta Salad, Sesame Cucumber Noodles

Or do soups with breakfast, if you prefer that -- maybe something like this Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup.

• Moderators

I second the salmon cakes linked above. They are great for breakfast, you can make them ahead, and they seem to last forever if you are the only one eating them!

They freeze well too, so even though I'm only cooking for me, when I do make them, I'll double the recipe and put a bunch in the freezer.

Think more along the lines of meal 1, meal 2 and meal 3. Even when I was growing up, breakfast was whatever was previously prepared (left over) and still edible. In college days, breakfast was cold pizza on the way to class.

Archived