This looks fun, but...

This looks like a whole lot of fun. But I really do not know where to begin. I want to eat healthier. But this looks like it's taking something so simple and majorly complicating it. For example, if your doing the whole30 your going to need to eat three meals a day for those 30 daysdays. So that's 90 meal. But there doesn't look like there's a kind of timeline for what youyou are going to eat on Monday mourning,afternoon, and evening. And so on so I really just don't know where to start. Can anyone give me an idea on what I should do? God bless.

• Moderators

This looks like a whole lot of fun. But I really do not know where to begin. I want to eat healthier. But this looks like it's taking something so simple and majorly complicating it. For example, if your doing the whole30 your going to need to eat three meals a day for those 30 daysdays. So that's 90 meal. But there doesn't look like there's a kind of timeline for what youyou are going to eat on Monday mourning,afternoon, and evening. And so on so I really just don't know where to start. Can anyone give me an idea on what I should do? God bless.

We really don't want to tell you exactly what to eat for every meal, we want to give you general guidelines so that you can decide a way to eat that will work for you.  Read through the information on this page, that will give you details about the rules. In general, you're going to eat vegetables, proteins, and fats, and occasionally some fruit if you want it. No legumes (beans and peas) or grains (including corn), no sugar or sweetener of any kind. That's the basics. Exactly what foods you eat will depend on you -- if you like to cook and try new recipes, there are tons out there for you. If you're more of a keep-it-simple kind of person, you can have grilled chicken, tuna salad, and scrambled eggs, along with whatever vegetables you like, every day if you want. It's really up to you.

So I can take something from eggs, seafood, and one pot meals. So I could have the kitchen sink scrambled eggs for breakfast, the poached salad on cucumber dill sauce for lunch, and the pot roast for dinner? I could do this for the Whole30? And if I wanted switch things up? I don't even have to do the 7 day meal plan? ThanksThanks, and God bless.

• Moderators

So I can take something from eggs, seafood, and one pot meals. So I could have the kitchen sink scrambled eggs for breakfast, the poached salad on cucumber dill sauce for lunch, and the pot roast for dinner? I could do this for the Whole30? And if I wanted switch things up? I don't even have to do the 7 day meal plan? ThanksThanks, and God bless.

Yes, you can eat whatever you like for any meal as long as it doesn't break the rules (linked below) and we strongly recommend that all your meals follow the meal template (also linked below).

You do NOT need to make 90 unique meals in these 30 days... lots of people (especially those of us that are single) make one breakfast for the week, one lunch item and then change up dinner or make hot plates or crock pot... Variety is good so if you can, different veggies and fats and a variety of proteins is good but really, if you want to eat eggs and chicken with roasted veggies and avocado for 30 days, that's great too!

Archived