carb dense veggies ?

mkroem

How many carb dense veggies should be had in a day?? ie sweet potatoes,potatoes, squash) 
In the meal plan template it doesn't say much about them other than for after a workout. 
Should they be incorporated daily or not so much?

Any thoughts appreciated! 

Thanks!! 

It's really a personal thing. Start with about one fistful size serving a day. If that's too much, back off. If it's not enough, as another serving. Some find it best for the last meal to help them sleep. But.... Starchy carbs should not be your only vegetables at meals

Thank you for the replies, I am going into this for weight loss along with all the other benefits so I don't want to over do it but at the same time I don't want to sell myself short and miss out on so many of the other benefits of the program i.e. anxiety, sleep, pms ... as stated above. 

How many carb dense veggies should be had in a day?? ie sweet potatoes,potatoes, squash) 

In the meal plan template it doesn't say much about them other than for after a workout. 

Should they be incorporated daily or not so much?

Any thoughts appreciated! 

Thanks!! 

Great question, I was just going to ask about this myself. I'd been eating a serving of carb dense veg with almost every meal, then someone said that was too much and I was wondering if I should cut back. Now I know not to.

I'm starting Day16 and not one slip up!  One of the things that has helped me is being able to eat starchy carbs.  I usually bake a few extra potatoes when I make chicken or fish.

Then I'll use them in an omelet or stir fry (when I used to use rice) If I use them in an omelet I also add spinach or swiss chard.

I'm on a weight loss journey too. I can tell you after two weeks my wedding ring is looser than it's been in years!

Best of luck to you. Really, you don't need luck. Just do it! :)

I'm starting Day16 and not one slip up!  One of the things that has helped me is being able to eat starchy carbs.  I usually bake a few extra potatoes when I make chicken or fish.

Then I'll use them in an omelet or stir fry (when I used to use rice) If I use them in an omelet I also add spinach or swiss chard.

I'm on a weight loss journey too. I can tell you after two weeks my wedding ring is looser than it's been in years!

Best of luck to you. Really, you don't need luck. Just do it! :)

It is a tough journey and congrats on no slipups! As long as you take the time for proper preparation it's not that hard! I like your comment at the end "Just do it!" I started my second round of the Whole 30 with a couple gals from my gym, and when I talked to them last week we were talking about our progress. She mentioned that she was at about 92%, and I totally did not understand her! Well it means she is following the diet by 92%, which made me think, really??? But I shoved that negative thought back in my mind and said, "at least she is making a positive change." I just don't understand why someone would not want to give 100% to this program!

It's only 30 days of your life.....to me 92% could be the same as 10%   I'm committed to following it through.

Do you find having friends on the program helps?  I don't mind doing it alone at all.  I made a Whole30 mean for myslef and serve that and a side of rice to my husband and won't even think about it.

Day19 :). and I feel great!   I'll probably do a 2nd round as well, with just a few days off. I don't want to lose the momentum I've built up.

Archived