7 days on whole 30- constipation

Mgirl1922

I started whole30 because I am a sugar addict and it seems every time I eat my food was healthy with something sweet after every meal.

I have been sugar free for a week but I can't seem to go to the restroom.

I have added three square meals including spinach or salad at all three sittings where before I only had breakfast and lunch dinner was usually something sweet. Has anyone else encountered this?

• Moderators

It would be helpful to know what you are eating. Are you getting 1-3 cups of vegetables at each meal? Are you drinking plenty of water -- aim for half your weight in ounces each day (so if you weigh 120 lbs, aim for at least 60 oz of water)? Are you including fat at each meal?

• Moderators

What does 'more water than anyone' mean in your own context? Is it 1/2 oz per pound of body weight?

Shannon mentioned vegetables and if you're only eating leafy greens, that is probably part of the problem... you need a bucketful per serving if thats your only vegetable... you're better off eating denser veggies like broc, mushrooms, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cauli etc...

Also, do you eat fat with your meals? It would be helpful for us to troubleshoot if you told us what youve been eating per meal including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein and fat and the water question...

I weigh 133 pounds and I drink 180 ounces of water a day.

My breakfast has been...

Egg whites

Spinach

Mushrooms

Onions

Turkey bacon

Green tea w/ lemon- hot

Lunch

Salad or spinach

Chicken breast

Apple

Dinner

Salad or spinach

Chicken

Orange

I am really trying to give up sweets and bread.. My weakness

• Moderators

Okay so have you seen the meal template? Its linked in my signature below.

You don't have any fat in these meals... fat is what keeps you satiated for longer and is an absolutely necessary component of your intake.

Why are you only eating the egg whites? Eggs are a whole food when eaten in their entirety and when they are your sole source of protein, they are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.

My point above about salad greens stands... so you need to get more veggies in there in the form of non salad greens.

This is not a restriction 'diet' or a calorie counting endeavor... these meals look really small, very light and not at all following the template.

Please have a read of it below and make your meals match... that is going to help you for sure.

Thank you sugar cube; I have been reading the book but still have a lot of pages left.

I am very thankful for your insight on this matter. I do not want to quit so I just need to perfect what I'm doing wrong. I welcome any suggestions or advice.

Thank you

Sugar cube, would you please help me if I tell you each meal and you critique?

Someone, I'm really desperate to go natural.

Breakfast

3 whole eggs

Spinach 1/2 cup

Green tea

Water

Bratwurst - grass fed

• Moderators

Sugar cube, would you please help me if I tell you each meal and you critique?

Someone, I'm really desperate to go natural.

Breakfast

3 whole eggs

Spinach 1/2 cup

Green tea

Water

Bratwurst - grass fed

Yes, of course, that's what we're here for!

Your protein is good with 3 eggs and the sausage.  Make sure it doesn't have sugar/fillers/soy... grassfed is good but we still look at the ingredients too.

You need 1-3 cups of veggies with each meal... spinach when cooked down is almost nothing... if your 1/2 cup is after it's cooked you're still a half cup away from the minimum recommendation.

You have no fat... add a half an avocado, two big heaping handfuls of olives, two good blobs of mayo.... 

Try making your lunch to the above recommendations and then post it and we'll see how you do okay?

We definitely want to help you on this journey!

Archived