Success so far!

ultrafighter

Wow!  Okay, so we've been on the Whole30 only for two days, but I'm already seeing big things for my toddler!  He's not eating lots of veggies like we are, but he has tried (and liked) two new foods.  So I'm extremely optimistic that he will willingly eat more veggies by the time it's all said and done!  We aren't being as strict with him as we are with ourselves, but so far he's living through all the changes we are.  We are willing to do paleo pancakes for him if he asks.  But so far he has only asked while we're out and about and can't make them, and he forgets about it by the time we're home.  I think for lunch I'm going to make him a small smoothie to get some green stuff in.  I don't like being sneaky, but so far he's only had some spaghetti squash in the way of vegetables.  This all seems almost too easy.  I know there are some battles ahead.

Awesome! I just finished, or rather am continuing, my Whole30 (day 35). My kids - age 6 and almost 4 - did not participate but I made Whole30 dinners and didn't make them anything extra. Breakfast was Whole30 about 50% of the time for them. I definitely saw an increase in veggie consumption, and my kids already ate quite a bit of that before. My oldest hates meat and eggs so that was more of a challenge to get her a proper meal. I'm seriously considering trying them on Whole30 once school is out and I can focus on that. The older one is a bread-aholic and could use a break from that.

Archived