How much fat per day?

OceanRyder

I'm not sure where to ask this question, so I'll ask it here! I've read the book and I'm sure it talked about this, but I can't find it right now.

How much fat should I be eating per day? 

I LOVE FAT. I could easily go way overboard, so I'd love a bit of guidance on what to shoot for daily. I'm 5'5", 130lbs and I workout for 30 minutes to 1 hour a day. Not sure if that's pertinent, but thoughts I'd ask!

Thanks. 

• Moderators

Our best guidance is to follow the template for each meal and experiment within its parameters. Fat is very satiating, so if the amount you've eaten holds you five or so hours but not too much longer, you've probably found the right amount. Also, keep in mind that most of us begin W30 fat phobic from years of dieting and bad mainstream nutritional advice. So, better to err on the side of too much rather than too little, especially at first.

When they talk about thumb fulls of fat iI was  like ?????    I read either in here or in the book think of one thumb full as a Tablespoon.   (you know if your eating mayo, etc..)

Also keep in mind  one half to  a whole avocado at each meal is an option as well. 

You have all kinds of options for which kind of fat ….

Archived