How's it going for you? Day 12 for me!

ohsherry

I didn't see any posts like this, so I hope this is the right place.  I've finally gotten in to the groove and wondered how you all are doing?

I feel amazing. I've also found in the last few days that planning ahead takes the focus off food and puts it on me, my health and living a full and happy life.

Here's a few things I've been doing and I'd love to hear any tips you have.

1. I never cook for one meal. If I am making salmon and veggies for dinner, I make another portion to freeze. I'll also keep another portion in the fridge for a salad the next day.  My husband isn't on the plan, so all I need to do is make some rice and he'll have that for a few days.  So, now I have 3 meals and I can add some avocado or salad with them.

2. I always brush my teeth before I cook, and then I don't sample!

3. I posted about this before, but I make egg frittatas in muffin tins and throw sauteed veggies and any protein I have in them. I freeze them and take 2 out for a quick perfect meal. (2 is about 3 eggs)

I've fallen off many a plan, but this is different. I have no doubt I'll finish the 30 days. I wake up early, and hungry :)  For the first few days I felt like I was detoxing and my skin looked awful and I was lethargic. I think that's because there is SUGAR in everything.  No more for me.

Hope you have the best day ever!

Thanks for sharing.

We are on day 13 and we are both loving how we feel and how tasty the food is. We both love to cook, so the prep and time in the kitchen is a positive for us. 

We just talked about adding more variety and planning our meals ahead for next week as we tend to get in a rut. Our lunch for work days mainly consists of a smoothy made that morning, half an avocado and some nuts. I drive around 3k miles a month and like the smoothy as I drive. Gets me home sooner. :) 

• Moderators

Thanks for sharing.

We are on day 13 and we are both loving how we feel and how tasty the food is. We both love to cook, so the prep and time in the kitchen is a positive for us. 

We just talked about adding more variety and planning our meals ahead for next week as we tend to get in a rut. Our lunch for work days mainly consists of a smoothy made that morning, half an avocado and some nuts. I drive around 3k miles a month and like the smoothy as I drive. Gets me home sooner. :)

Smoothies are not really recommended, here's what the Can I Have list has to say about them:

Smoothies: We’d rather you didn’t

This is a very popular question, with a very unpopular answer. Smoothies (generally made using lots of fruit) are technically compliant on your Whole30, but we strongly recommend against it. Food that you drink sends different satiety signals to your brain than food that you chew. So when you drink your meal, your brain isn’t getting the feedback it needs to tell your body that it’s had enough of what it needs. Plus, smoothies are generally really fruit-heavy, and starting your day off with a liquid sugar-bomb sets you up for cravings, hunger, and volatile energy levels throughout the day. In summary, we’d rather you just eat the food, and skip the smoothie.

Instead of a smoothie, you could pack some hard boiled eggs or grilled steak or chicken strips, cut up vegetables like carrots, celery, bell pepper, jicama, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and for fat, a big handful of olives. Or pack up some tuna or chicken salad made with mayo along with those vegetables, and stop long enough to eat your protein, then continue on, eating your vegetables as you drive. 

Archived