Starting May 17 : Whole30 without Eggs

TheLadyD

Hello everyone!

I will be starting the Whole30 on Tuesday, May 17, because Monday's my daughter's birthday and therefore we must have cake for breakfast. (True story.)

I'm doing the Whole30 as part of a doctor-directed plan to get to the bottom of some hormonal issues. When she prescribed the eating plan, I groaned and imagined a lot of food measuring, weighing, and record-keeping. Now that I've done my homework, I am really excited to have been led toward a great community, and I'm really looking forward to feeling better!

I love real food and I love to cook, but the challenge for me will be finding enough time to prep or make three meals a day during the week. 

Also, I avoided eggs for some 30+ years and then started eating them as an adult. I suspect I avoided them as a kid because I was more connected to some bad effect they were having on me, so I'm going to avoid eggs on my Whole30 and then try to reintroduce them at the end. I'd love to hear from anyone else avoiding eggs on the Whole30.

Looking forward to starting next week!

Good luck. I would suggest looking at the Well Fed website and following their hot plates. That's what I tend to do. Cook 3lbs of ground beef and 6-8 chicken breasts over the weekend and then we have food for 4-5 day, lunches and breakfast or a quick dinner if other stuff is going on. I also will cook my starchy veggies and some spaghetti squash on the weekend and then just prep the rest of my veggies. 

Welcome! I hope this is a great tool for you in feeling your best!

I love real food and I love to cook, but the challenge for me will be finding enough time to prep or make three meals a day during the week. 

Don't. :) I do almost all my prep on the weekends. It is a chunk of time then, yes, but it makes the week SO much easier. People do this in different ways depending on your circumstances - I live alone and don't mind eating the same thing all week, so I tend to make one big dish for lunches and another for dinners and just eat on them all week. But you're cooking for lots of people, and some people really have to have variety, so you/they may do it differently. The key is just to think ahead and do your prep work as efficiently as possible.

Looking at Mel Joulwan's web site is a great suggestion above (meljoulwan.com) - she's got lots of strategies and delicious meals, plus she did the autoimmune protocol for a bit (no eggs, among other things), which means she has quite a few eggless recipes as well.

It's true -- I don't mind eating the same thing over and over, but my family is less excited by what we call "Adventures in Leftovers!" I cooked for a couple hours today to stock up on my breakfasts and lunches for the week, so a big head start. Thanks for the support!

It's true -- I don't mind eating the same thing over and over, but my family is less excited by what we call "Adventures in Leftovers!" I cooked for a couple hours today to stock up on my breakfasts and lunches for the week, so a big head start. Thanks for the support!

Adventures in leftovers!!! LOL. I should try that with my husband :)

Yes, Adventures in Leftovers has a good PR agency, but it turns out to be only as popular as the week's first-time meals. Sometimes, though, it's surprisingly popular when we have enough leftovers to let everyone choose their favorite meal again.

Archived