Weight gain? Day 9

I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but I certainly didn't want to gain weight. It's everything I can do not to step on the scale. My clothes are snug. Does this just happen and then pass?

My meals last few days-

B- 1-2 c hash with sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, and kale cooked in a small amount of ghee with a fried double yolk egg cooked in a teaspoon of coconut oil. Coffee with homemade cashew milk (cashews, water, vanilla bean powder).

L- Can of wild salmon with roasted root veggies and broccoli and whole 30 roasted red pepper sauce

D- 1 c Kalua pork with 1 c pineapple salsa (pineapple, Serrano peppers, red onion, cilantro, lime), a few slices of purple sweet potato and 1/4 avocado.

B - Same

L- Perfect Tuna Salad in a red pepper. Carrot sticks and small container of guac

D- Same

I am not snacking and I am working out. I think a lot of it may have to do with how fatty and starchy my dinner has been. I'll back off the sweet potatoes and add more green veggies but it still seems like I shouldn't be gaining weight. I ate pretty clean before. Maybe this is a big caloric increase for me. I really want to throw in the towel about now. It feels like a lot to give up and a lot of effort to gain weight.

Fat is your friend. It really is. Add fat. It'll help. I promise. (Look at the meal template for a reminder of how much fat to eat. Remember to add it in addition to what you cook with)

How are you doing with salt? With fluid intake? It seems counterintuitive but adequate salt and water intake helps with bloat.

Stop thinking in calories. This is NOT calorie counting. This is feeding our bodies healthful foods and changing out relationship with food and eating. Take your scale and hide it. Give it to a friend that you only see occasionally for the remainder of your w30. Throw it away. Get rid of it. It's doing nothing to help your relationship with food.

Around that time, I felt fatter and like fat was oozing out of my pores! I was panicking! However, around the third week, I felt my body shift to being fat adapted and my clothes started to get looser. Now the weight is melting off.

Keep with it!

Archived