How can you tell you are in fat burning mode?

• Moderators

The upshot of ^^ comes at the end and answers your question:

"To find out if you’re fat-adapted, the most effective way is to ask yourself a few basic questions:

• Can you go three hours without eating? Is skipping a meal an exercise in futility and misery?
  • Do you enjoy steady, even energy throughout the day? Are midday naps pleasurable indulgences, rather than necessary staples?
  • Can you exercise without carb-loading?
  • Have the headaches and brain fuzziness passed?

"Yes? Then you’re probably fat-adapted. Welcome to normal human metabolism!"

Nice article Kaelisan, LadyM. I do have lots of energy and can go for a long time without eating. I really don't exercise much, I'm in a wheelchair with degenerative discs in my back and bad hips. I'm rarely needing a nap anymore. But I did sneak a weigh in this morning *mod edit to remove scale results*. This is day 19 for me. I know my blood sugars have been awesome for me as a diabetic and last night I was able to skip my night injections and my fasting blood glucose was good this morning. This is a FIRST.

I'm certainly happy with the increased energy, lots of my inflammation gone and less fibro pain and especially my blood glucose readings so much better. But I'm really overweight and was hoping for a big weight loss too. Regardless I'm keeping on and going for a whole60 before I cheat on the plan.

• Moderators

Agreed... you've now weighed yourself twice that you've told us here... once on Day 3 and once on Day 19. As much as we wish things would change that fast, after a lifetime of medical conditions, SAD eating and other stresses, it's a lot of extra stress to put on your body to expect rapid weight loss. We also want you to concentrate on those really great non scale victories and understand that health comes before weightloss and a scale can not tell you your health.

I've edited your post again to remove the scale results and respectfully ask that if you're going to continue to weigh yourself, that you do not post that on these boards until you're done with your 30 days.

Archived