Compliant Coffee Creamer!!

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, lilly_j9 said:

Hi guys,

I'm starting the Whole 30 Program tomorrow and I'm concern about coffee. I have it in the morning. I love having milk and sugar with my coffee. I dont like black coffee. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

This, along with Mayo is probably our most talked about subject and as such, there are thousands of posts about it.  Google 'whole30 compliant creamer' and you'll get loads of results.  I'm going to merge your topic with a popular thread on the same subject to help get you started and keep the forum tidy.

• 2 months later...

I just don't get the love affair with coffee.  I do enjoy a good cappuccino on occasion, but switch from daily coffee to tea many years ago. because I don't get the caffeine crash after 3 hours.  While I occasionally enjoy a little milk in my hot tea, I enjoy it just as much without it.  What I really miss is the 1 tsp of raw sugar I add to a 16 oz tea.  I feel it rounded out the body of the tea.  The tea is still good, but just a bit thin.

If you want very want to switch to tea, try Chinese Keemun.  It seems to have almost as much caffeine as coffee. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is a wonderful find for coffee lovers doing the whole30. I don't really see it as 'just barely' compliant...it seems fully compliant to me, especially considering most people only use a small amount in their coffee. Nutpods, which are endorsed by Melissa Hartwig, are nearly the same thing. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Annie37 said:

I think this is a wonderful find for coffee lovers doing the whole30. I don't really see it as 'just barely' compliant...it seems fully compliant to me, especially considering most people only use a small amount in their coffee. Nutpods, which are endorsed by Melissa Hartwig, are nearly the same thing. 

You're totally right, @Annie37 - the califia mentioned above is compliant. As always, check your labels before buying. I think the nature of the comment from more than a year ago was partly because there are products (like the nutpods) with less ingredients and also because our program hadn't quite caught up with all the new products that are actually compliant. :) 

Traders Joe has a carton coconut creamer.  I love coffe with creamer without sweetener, I only drink coffee in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon.  Can I just drink it with the creamer that comes in the carton that Traders Joe has?  

11 hours ago, Ale said:

Traders Joe has a carton coconut creamer.  I love coffe with creamer without sweetener, I only drink coffee in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon.  Can I just drink it with the creamer that comes in the carton that Traders Joe has?  

What are the ingredients?

• 9 months later...

Is "So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk" Whole30 approved to put in my coffee? The ingredient list is below. 

Ingredients: ORGANIC COCONUTMILK (FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC COCONUT CREAM), CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: VITAMIN AND MINERAL BLEND (CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MAGNESIUM PHOSPHATE, L-SELENOMETHIONINE [SELENIUM], VITAMIN A ACETATE, VITAMIN D2, ZINC OXIDE, VITAMIN B12), SEA SALT, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, ORGANIC LOCUST BEAN GUM, GELLAN GUM.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided that I too LOVE coffee with cream. 

Why? 

As others have said, it is sweet, it is warm, it is creamy. 

Forget it. 

I found out that really good coffee, the kind that starbucks doesn't sell is great black. 

I also have found my stomach w/o cream in my coffee HURTS. 

So - what is coffee doing to my body? Coffee stresses the adrenals. and others stuff I am sure, 

So, as my whole30 progresses, I too tried compliant creamer. It didn't cut it. was expensive and didn't satisfy. 

So - i see myself cutting out coffee all together. 

I love the warmth of a good drink in the am but - I am switching to tea. Without caffeine. Is it hard dismounting from the coffee dragon? Yes. It is worth it? My adrenals thank me!

Archived