I should re-introduce myself

1Maryann

Hi, all! I did my first W30 back in June and learned a lot over here. I kind of drifted away after that, and over time my eating started to drift away, too. So I started another W30 on 10/1 and figured it was time to get back to the forums as well.

So far, I'm feeling great. I was hungry most of today, but I had to get my car to the shop this morning and had breakfast about 2 hours early, which made me want to eat my other meals earlier than usual. Lunch was no problem, but dinner was even later than normal because I had to get a ride back to the shop for my car before going home. Now I'm physically full, but I'm still psychologically hungry. In the old days, this would call for some chocolate or a drink or dessert. Instead, I'll keep drinking water, and if I'm still 'hungry' in an hour, I'll have some fruit.

Thanks to Irish Paleo Girl, for nudging me on facebook to get back in the game.

Hi Maryann

ditto! although I did not do the whole30, i had been eating paleo and felt great, then things started to slide :(. anyhow, i just found this whole30, downloaded book which was fab, i started 0n the 1st Oct, day 4, feeling good in myself as in not tired, but, I am feeling really bloated and feel as if I am putting on weight (not going to get weighed though! I have been really strict, no cheats and meal size i dont think have been too much, i train most days quite intense. Did you suffer any problems similar?

Actually, I'm just the opposite. I confess that on 9/30, I did go out for Margaritas, then pizza (lots of salt in pizza cheese) and beer with the football game. So I was artificially bloated come the morning of Oct 1, anyway. But the last two nights I have gotten up three times each. I guess all this water-drinking is finally starting to flush the bloat out of my system.

One thing I have learned over the years is that if you aren't drinking enough water, your body will hold onto it. Even after you increase consumption, it can take a few days for your body to be convinced it will always have an adequate supply, and stop trying to horde it. Give it a few more days, and make sure you get all your water in. Let me know how you do!

Archived