Starting June 1st - First Whole30

JennSeitzer

No fare on having loser skirts or jeans so early in the time period...     :rolleyes:   lol  

those conferences can be hard because they could be boring and what happens when we get board, I think about food. I don't know why or the other 10 million thoughts that decide to take up space in my head..     

did you kitty eat something he shouldn't have.. 

My Pepper, my yorki was an itch last night also.. Had me getting up to take her out. early early early.   then I saw some regurgitation on the floor.  

then today...  get ready for this.......  might be too much info but....  darn it all if it didn't walk in some  bowel left overs.. I had on sandals also.. I was pulling up my underpants and said,   *damn, something smells like sugar honey Ice tea* . I look at my pantie and nothing there and then my foot was wet...  Good gravy. What the  Help me was that doing there!!!  I was yelled at that poor baby instead of asking her if she was okay.  I was made my foot had her waste on my toes... 

:wacko:  :wacko:

Pets!  We love them but sometimes they are super trying!  

My Toby kitty is not doing well.  He has a blockage.  Vet gave him fluids and we are force feeding him hairball medicine every 2 hours, hoping he can clear it on his own.  Surgery is not an option, my hubby has been unemployed for 9 months and I only work part time.  This is not a good time for kitty to practice his death wish. So very thankful I had a credit at the vet to use to get him treated tonight though. 

This week I worked all day Mon, have this conference, for homeschool today, tomorrow and Thurs, then I work all day Fri and again a few hours on Saturday.  At least the conference is interesting but the sitting for so long is not what I'm used to and everyone is eating cookies on breaks and then I get to the tutor training and there is bowl of candy on my table!   

I was so hungry when I got home from the vet!  I hadn't eaten in 7 1/2 hours and I walk in to pizza the teens had made, smelled wonderful!  So tempting! But I heated up some sweet potato and sausage and stayed away from the pizza and the ice cream they brought out later.  The 4 extra teens just left so no more temptations tonight.  

If I got through today without falling off the wagon I can do this!  

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

In reading the label on Applegate Naturals Herb Turkey Breast the only thing I see is Carageenan (from seaweed) but I cannot remember if that's compliant.  Everything else is just herbs and salt.  Is it still non-compliant?

Carageenan is out, sorry.

Day 7...

Glad to see so many people are working Whole 30! 

I know it's only been 7 days, but I put on a pair of shorts that were tight in the gut last week and could barely button them. Today they're loose and comfy. I even bought 3 new pair on the clearance rack at Target for about $6 each...1 the same size as I have now and two a size smaller for the hope I have in these changes. I figured if it took me until fall to wear the size smaller, that'd be okay too. :)

Pets!  We love them but sometimes they are super trying!  

I was so hungry when I got home from the vet!  I hadn't eaten in 7 1/2 hours and I walk in to pizza the teens had made, smelled wonderful!  So tempting! But I heated up some sweet potato and sausage and stayed away from the pizza and the ice cream they brought out later.  The 4 extra teens just left so no more temptations tonight.  

We have 2 furkids (labs) and completely understand! Wow! You made it that long without a meal. I'm so sorry for a rough day. Sounds like you made some great choices to not give in and fall off the proverbial wagon. I think you've proven to yourself that you can get through the rough patches of life. ;)

Day 7!!!! Today was a struggle for me, not food wise, but energy! I has a stressful workday and then tried to do hot yoga afterwards and it kicked my butt so hard because I didn't have energy! I know that is a normal thinget at thus stage though. I haven't felt very strong during any of my workout this past week. I'm excited to see that change as the weeks go on. Overall I'm learning a ton about myself each day, like I LOVE grapefruit! I don't think I've ever had one before this. My meal prep is getting better and I'm eating bigger meals so I'm not hungry in between!

B: 3 eggs, 1/2 avocado, everything bagel seasoning sprinkled on top (homemade) with raw veggies on the side.

L: salad with chicken, 1/2 avocado, orange peppers, prosciutto, homemade dressing

D: salmon with roasted veggies and a grapefruit:-)

Day 7 is behind us!  YAY!  Honestly, I feel GREAT!  I have only had ONE headache and that was in the middle of the night due to insomnia.  But thats it!  Otherwise I feel so relieved of all my lethargy and brain fog.  And frankly, I dont miss much of the 'non-compliant' stuff.  (been avoiding bread, pasta, baked goods for a long time but indulged a lot this winter).  In fact I feel relieved of their burden to my body! :)

I know I've complained about having to make mayo (incidentally, I dont really like it..not tangy enough)  and dressings (the raspberry vinegrette is awful) and sauces and I'll probably keep complaining about that part (I really, really do not like to cook or prepare food which is probably why I suck at it! ).  However,  that inconvenience is worth this feeling!  :P

Tonight I think I ate too much.  I made a chicken and veggie pesto thing served on zoodles and had to have seconds, it was so good, but honestly I dont think I ate much more than a palm size of protein.  the rest was veggies (onion, pepper, red pepper, broccoli, black olives, zoodles)  and the whole30 pesto (which is delicious, BTW).  But feeling kinda full tonight. 

I DO miss beer, wine and cheese, however, but not craving, just missing them like old friends.  ;)

Onward and upward for all of us!  I love reading all your posts!  keep 'em coming!   :D

I guess I should clarify what I mean by "alternative to sugar."I meant things like reading this forum so I don't feel so "poor me, I can't have sugar." It is saying in one more place I have given up the sugar and doing the whole30 plan. It is not feeling isolated and alone. 

I know about going for a walk and meditating. I do those every day. 

Now here is one little time saver I am starting to notice. I'm saving time (and money) not going to Starbucks every day for my Chai Latte. I'm not really missing it either. I love having a little more time.

6 down...feeling a bit better though I am not sleeping well.  Might be the heat, turned on the air conditioner the last couple of nights  Cooling down tonight.  

b= eggs again, green salad with tomato, cucumber peppers avocado oil and apple cider vinegar

l= pretty much the same green salad with chicken

d=chicken breast, baked potato, broccoli 

Happy to hit the end of week one.

I have been sleeping horribly!  So increibly tired.  Get in bed and doze right off, but then am up and down all night long.  really poor quality sleep.  Hope that gets better soon.

Good morning everyone!

I realized this morning that breakfast is my most challenging meal of the day, for a couple of reasons: 1) I'm not super hungry when I wake up (though I know this is due to hormones being out of whack, and will hopefully change with this program), and 2) my brain isn't fully awake, so I'm not very creative. So, thought I to myself, I need to come up with some easy plans for breakfast. I'm thinking left-over dinner is a great go-to, but sometimes my family is ravenous and doesn't leave me anything! I love eggs, so protein is easy for me, but I have a hard time with vegetables and fat. I'm trying to avoid fruit first thing in the day. Do any of you guys struggle with breakfast? What works for you?

Happy day 7!

I always struggle with breakfast.  Have been brewing coffee right after my morning shower.  While it's brewing I'll eat SOMETHING.  It may not be a template meal, but I feel getting some protein in fat in is a good thing for me.  Then I sip my coffee (very slowly!) until midmorning.  Usually, I'll feel more human and try to get my veggies then for a snack.  It's a real struggle for me.  Always has been. Just keep plugging away.  And I do find sometimes I like eggs or traditional breakfast foods.  Sometimes I eat supper type foods.  

Work the past two days have been truly exhausting for me.  I was injured pretty good (bad) end of March.  Slowly recovering.  But having been out of work and unable to be as physically active as I usually a, I am woefully in need of increased stamina.  Hurting quite a bit and have been trying really hard not to take medications.  But tonight, it just has to happen.  At least I'm not working tomorrow.  Hoping Thursday is better in that regard. 

On the food front I've been doing pretty good.  I don't think I ate enough earlier today.  My awesome little bento box came in and I had it appropriately packed out.  But didn't have time to eat most of it.  Then immediately after work, had to go to several stores before heading back home to the boonies.  And Oh, My!  I wanted to go off plan so bad.  I was hungry, tired and hurting.  But my food had been too long in a hot car to eat by now.  Had to go to Sam's Club and near the bakery area.  Whew.  I got what I needed, which included a bag of apples.  Not ideal, but ate some apple on the way home.  And God love them, my boys had gone to the garden and picked cucumbers and squash.  Sooo... I sliced the cucumber and ate it right away.  That helped enough that I sliced and cooked some onions, threw in several sliced squash and a whole bunch of mushrooms into a cast iron skillet.  Leftover roast beef heated up.  I made sure it was to template including the cucumber.  Very satisfied.  We all munched on some freshly picked blueberries for dessert. I'm quite satisfied and feel my intake is adequate though not ideal for the day.

Felt spunky enough to whip up some more mayonnaise.

Then I caved, took the pain meds and hope I can sleep better with some pain relief. 

We've got one week done!  We can totally do this!  Hope everyone is hanging in

Tytbodyn30 - so glad you decided to stay.  Would miss your posts!

Hi all!  I started June 1st, but a slip on the 4th, so restarted the 5th. This is my first time around, although I tried something similar a few years ago. The reintroduction was bad, as I just went hog wild with everything, instead of the gradual reintro of one food group. I hope I am wiser this time around.

So far, I have learned to drink my coffee black and am down to just 2 cups in the morning...Starbucks may go out of business!  Already, no late afternoon stomach bloat and cramps!

I gave up sugar in February, and my joint pain is just about gone....and I am grateful I had a head start on the sugar thing before starting the Whole 30. I have a tendency to workout less when starting a new eating program (I usually do a gentle workout everyday). I still workout before eating, even though that is not recommended. I will work on this.

Good luck everyone!

3 Eggs with homemade turkey sausage for breakfast, no veggies, I'm in a hurry.  sigh.

3 eggs with celery and homemade mayo and raw carrots, bell peppers, and cucumber for lunch, I have pecans and an apple in my bag in case I'm tempted to give in to the cookies and candy at the conference. 

Dinner, I think will be taco salad, kids are cooking, but they know to make it complaint.  I'll double check before I eat though.  

Kitty is still not well.  Hid all night and won't come out for breakfast.  My daughter who turns 14 on Friday is super attached to this cat. Probably will come home to chaos again today.  

Good Morning all!  Day 8 is starting off well.  I am off today so I got to sleep a bit later until the furry beasts decided it was time for me to wake up.  I just had breakfast and need to hit the store to get some stuff for lunch today.  I work at a grocery store but yesterday was such a long day that the last thing I wanted to do was shop, plus my husband stopped in and picked up food for dinner that we all ate.  By the way, my 22 year old son is doing his own version of the Whole 30.  He couldn't give up beer (he makes beer at home and he is 22) but he did give up soda and energy drinks and lost about 10 pounds just from doing that.  He also has had no bread and is eating much more healthier. 

At work we are planning to participate in a 5K.  I have always hated running and I don't work out, mostly because I was so tired all the time.  Now that my energy levels are up, I am pretty sure I  am going to do it.  We are going to meet once a week for some training with a trainer for 10 weeks until the 5K.  I think it will be fun...wait, did I just say that?!?!  YES, things are changing!

Hi tytbody,

We grill outside, in the summer the grill is down in the yard and in the winter it is just off the porch.  We grill year round.  My husband even got a miner's light (the flashlight you put on your head) so we can see when it get's dark early.  We look like idiots doing it but nothing beats eating burgers and steaks off the grill.

lol Isn't that what they did in *primal* days any how. grilled cooked no matter what the season, out side.. ...lol  thanks  

Hi Everybody....

Had a very rough day yesterday, life-wise...family health emergencies, total chaos and the 2nd night in a row of 4 hours of sleep...I feel pretty wiped out.

Bigmomma awesome on the 5K - you will rock it :) BTW, I hate running too...but organized events can be a lot of fun - a goal like that really gives a person a sense of accomplishment.

After a lot of non template eating and almost no sleep I feel exhausted and bloated today (yeah sugarcube, almonds and coffee are not my friend....I certainly get it). My goal is to really, really focus on the template meals through the weekend. I HAAAATTTTEEEE feeling bloated and puffy, and it makes me not want to eat, but that starts the cycle of caffeine/carbs to function.

I'm going to challenge myself to report back here tomorrow on what my template meals were...My other goal related to this is a "one plate meal"...in contrast to those folks who have a hard time getting enough in at a meal to last till the next, I tend to eat so much that I'm not hungry by the next meal, and so on...just not getting in the rhythm of 3 normal meals which is my goal. Serving a generous plate helps me visualize amounts, and make sure things are balanced according to the template recommendations. My other weakness is munching during prep, so that when I get to table I've already had so many "tastes" I'm not hungry...so yeah: this is an issue.

good luck!

3 Eggs with homemade turkey sausage for breakfast, no veggies, I'm in a hurry.  sigh.

3 eggs with celery and homemade mayo and raw carrots, bell peppers, and cucumber for lunch, I have pecans and an apple in my bag in case I'm tempted to give in to the cookies and candy at the conference. 

Dinner, I think will be taco salad, kids are cooking, but they know to make it complaint.  I'll double check before I eat though.  

Kitty is still not well.  Hid all night and won't come out for breakfast.  My daughter who turns 14 on Friday is super attached to this cat. Probably will come home to chaos again today.  

isn't there something to make a cat throw up?     it's horrible not feeling well..   ;(   

By the way, my 22 year old son is doing his own version of the Whole 30.  He couldn't give up beer (he makes beer at home and he is 22) but he did give up soda and energy drinks and lost about 10 pounds just from doing that.  He also has had no bread and is eating much more healthier. 

At work we are planning to participate in a 5K.  I have always hated running and I don't work out, mostly because I was so tired all the time.  Now that my energy levels are up, I am pretty sure I  am going to do it.  We are going to meet once a week for some training with a trainer for 10 weeks until the 5K.  I think it will be fun...wait, did I just say that?!?!  YES, things are changing!

I'd never challenge a man or try to do the same as a man when it comes to eating.  Like that commercial, they just melt.. melt melt.

to me this does not sound de-li-ci-ous but, it's whole30..

m1 left over shipyards pie, applesauce and broccoli what ever they call that stuff without the carrots. the fat is in the sweet potatoes, the ghee.  

i'm going to be full an I can't stomach that because I have acid reflux..  

Hi all, I started with you on 6/1, so here's to getting past the 20% mark (yes, I'm an accountant...)!  I experienced some headaches early on, but now I only get them if I wait too long to eat.  I went away for the weekend with my sister, rented a cabin and brought all of my own food.  We did go to two restaurants, but I just stuck to salad with chicken and grilled chicken with veggies.  So far, so good.  I enjoy reading all of your posts and will attempt to be more active than just lookie-looing through the thread.

I have a considerable amount of weight to lose, but that's not why I'm doing this---I needed to make a change in my habits, and have an all-or-nothing mentality, so this seemed like a good way to go.  My former diet included a lot of pizza, beer, insert the name of all bad foods here....so it's good to get back to basics.  My first NSV came yesterday as I was getting dressed----some of the clothes I typically wear were in the laundry, so I decided to try on a pair of jean capris that I haven't worn in at least a year if not more (and last likely wore them at least 20 pounds ago).  I've not even thought they would fit, and I attribute that to being constantly bloated with water weight and everything else that goes along with eating such a poor diet.  Lo and behold, they fit.  Not even super tight fitting, actually wearable.  That's not to say that I think I've lost 20 pounds in a week, lol, but I'll take the augmented wardrobe, as I have another pair in that size that are pinstriped, yaaay!!

I have a job interview/lunch on Friday with the company that I chose to quit in March (before cruising to Europe and beyond for a month), so I suppose it's time to up the ante on planning if I do decide to go back to work for them.  Still not sure what to wear, though...... :)

I love your accountant analogy.. I can understand % so tell me when we get to 30,40, 50 etc.. I think I can get that in my head better then a day 11 or  day 16.. lol 

I have been sleeping horribly!  So increibly tired.  Get in bed and doze right off, but then am up and down all night long.  really poor quality sleep.  Hope that gets better soon.

On the food front I've been doing pretty good.  I don't think I ate enough earlier today.  My awesome little bento box came in and I had it appropriately packed out.  But didn't have time to eat most of it.  Then immediately after work, had to go to several stores before heading back home to the boonies.  And Oh, My!  I wanted to go off plan so bad.  I was hungry, tired and hurting.  But my food had been too long in a hot car to eat by now.  Had to go to Sam's Club and near the bakery area.  Whew.  I got what I needed, which included a bag of apples.  Not ideal, but ate some apple on the way home.  And God love them, my boys had gone to the garden and picked cucumbers and squash.  Sooo... I sliced the cucumber and ate it right away.  That helped enough that I sliced and cooked some onions, threw in several sliced squash and a whole bunch of mushrooms into a cast iron skillet.  Leftover roast beef heated up.  I made sure it was to template including the cucumber.  Very satisfied.  We all munched on some freshly picked blueberries for dessert. I'm quite satisfied and feel my intake is adequate though not ideal for the day.

Felt spunky enough to whip up some more mayonnaise.

Then I caved, took the pain meds and hope I can sleep better with some pain relief. 

We've got one week done!  We can totally do this!  Hope everyone is hanging in

Tytbodyn30 - so glad you decided to stay.  Would miss your posts!

HI GoneGirl.  

I"m also glad I stayed. If I left it would have been a reject for me and I don't do well with rejection..I feel I have a group here and I' staying with you all until we all hit what ever finish line we have chosen.  Yes, some will get there before me and I bless you, I bless you to just stay strong..    Do it for life. 

Each day we learn a little more about how far out we can go with not eating. Not doing it on purpose but *Life* happens, Illness happens, children happen and our precious 4 legged baby's happen.   We have to be strong, healthy to take care of them all..

I love that saying I may have some of it wrong but I plan to ingrain it in my head..  If we don't take care of our bodies, where will we live... that struck me so funny and true.. 

Nice your garden is growing and producing food for your family.. thats' really cool.. and your children are there to help you along by picking them for you..  What a great picture of life..  

I guess now I see, I'm headed for a longer 30 because of the medication I'm sure to get. but I'm just going say, I will do my best for what food i can get in.. I know I won't be able to call this a whole 30 but I call it Whole when I can.. somewhere in here I'll get 30 days just won't be consecutive...  and look at it again as a meal by meal goal to reach for. 

isn't there something to make a cat throw up?     it's horrible not feeling well..   ;(   

I'd never challenge a man or try to do the same as a man when it comes to eating.  Like that commercial, they just melt.. melt melt.

Haha...so right.  You have to trick them.  I'm looking for a compliant recipe that will please the chest pounding people in my house for dinner.  I feel like cooking today, not just grilling.  It is really cool here today so I want to use the oven before it gets too hot. 

Tytbodyin30 thank you.  I am absolutely going to stay strong!  I need to do this for me.  To break those addictions and find what foods might be harming me.  And I plan to eat much better from here on out.  Meaning beyond whole30!

I too, am interested in knowing how much fruit is too much.  For instance, an apple held me over until I could get home yesterday.  It doesn't spoil in the car from heat.  That's a big one for me.  We are in the mid 90's here.  I am working in hospice.  I will be in my car for hours at a time.  Not to mention when I'm on call and have to go out, having foods I can grab and take with me to leave in a hot car (even at night it's pretty hot).  I don't want to overdo it and feed the sugar dragon at all.  But I do find it convenient for a holdover along with some nuts.  If I could find a jerky that doesn't have all the added stuff and is reasonable in price, I could at least have protein available.  So, grabbing an apple or a banana I'm wondering if that's okay and if so, how often.  

And of course, we have and love our blueberries!  Literally eat a very small portion (less than a dozen) for a serving for  me, but I'd hate to give those up.  Nothing like picking them and eating them right off the bush still warm from the sun.

Did have the thought that I should roast several sweet potatoes and have them in the fridge to grab and eat for a good veggie snack.  That might be a good option.

Feeling much better and rested today.  Meds helped tremendously and I slept fairly pain free with only a couple of times waking and moving due to discomfort.  And I got to sleep in since no work today.  Now to take care of critters.  And we need to check the bees and do hive inspections today.  Getting started before it gets too hot!  Hope everyone has a great Whole30 day!

wow. so that means you get your own pure local honey and you can't eat any? ?????    and berries. 

I have more to read but on what page does it say how much fruit we can eat?  when we make applesauce from the apples, and I wanted to juice my apple it sas suggested i eat the apple.  

Now I have 4 and 4 of two different kinds of apples for some recipe that was in the book and i have to find that recipe..    

but where is the fruit allotment again please?    (post it's are my friend and highlighters( 

Lightening fast check in....work drama is escalating again....basically I'm down to working by myself which is something I can do.  The problem is...I've been doing it since mid-April now.  I only have two co-workers to begin with, and one is still in training, but they are alternating emergencies and medical issues to the point that we have literally only been staffed one day in nearly two months now.  And we haven't even hit their scheduled vacations yet.  (gritting teeth)

Long term trying to cover this much is really starting to wear me down since I already work 14-hour days with commute time included. 

On top of which I just volunteered to hostess a mocktail and cupcake party as a going away for one of the other girls in our office, hoot!  I'm a dead woman walking.

All is fine W30 wise though, headache and bloating issues are past and like a few others now I'm feeling a bit of loosening happening as a result so feeling much more myself in that regards.  I ordered some new work pants yesterday and while my finger kept hovering over the larger of the sizes I'm between right now, I forced it to click down on the smaller.  ;)

I did the roasted version of cauliflower rice and didn't really like it with my pork as well as I did last winter, so I swapped that out for salad greens under and pineapple salsa over the pulled pork...it's a beautiful looking lunch and feels less heavy so M2 is saved for this week!  Just hoping I don't burn out on salads since I also have a steak salad with cilantro green goddess dressing and a taco salad planned. 

wow. so that means you get your own pure local honey and you can't eat any? ?????    and berries. 

I have more to read but on what page does it say how much fruit we can eat?  when we make applesauce from the apples, and I wanted to juice my apple it sas suggested i eat the apple.  

Now I have 4 and 4 of two different kinds of apples for some recipe that was in the book and i have to find that recipe..    

but where is the fruit allotment again please?    (post it's are my friend and highlighters( 

Yes.  I love honey.  I love the bees.  They are really fascinating creatures.  We have two more hives coming this weekend.  The no honey is hard.  Especially since we do foundationless frames and get cut comb honey out of it.  But, it's for a reason and it's not forever.  What I'm telling myself. :)

I know fruits are a very small portion of what we should eat so that we aren't feeding the sugar dragon.  It's more about convenience for some of this.  I still had food yesterday, but the frozen lunch bag had long since thawed and I checked the food.  Very warm.  Couldn't eat it.

I had downloaded the template but didn't take it with me on the road! LOL

Funny thing though, this morning I switched it up and had some left over pork loin (I too rarely get let overs with 3 teenagers in the house), and I oven roasted baby carrots. Had the same fat in the coffee as usual. So now it's about 2 hrs after breakfast and I'm feeling hungry. Wonder if it's the sugar in the baby carrots that caused a blood sugar spike or something. Not going to have them for breakfast anymore lol. 

Susabella - that is a great point about the carrots, and I agree with you. I think ANY food with a lot of sugar in it is not the best for me in the morning. But the spinach omelet sounds yummy - I'll have to try that!

maybe make yourself an extra plate and hide it;) cover it up in saran wrap and write your name on it..   or you may have to cook even more and have that be your meal #1 

Brilliant! So simple, and the perfect solution. I love left-over dinner for breakfast.

A win for me yesterday: It was a crazy stressful day, the kind of day that Martha Stewart would probably have saved with a lovely and creative family meal, but hey, I'm not her, so I was slinging leftover pizza on the table and answering 5 million texts about kid's sports schedules, and was literally IN THE ACT of peeling off some nice melty mozzarella when I thought "wait a second-IT'S NOT WORTH IT" and tossed it back. Martha would probably also have then created her own perfectly balanced W30 meal, I ate a handful of almonds and drank black coffee till bed time which is bad bad bad but NOT throwing in the towel, so I'm calling it a victory and started over with a decent breakfast today :)

Stravajunkie - that is a SERIOUS win! Congratulations!

Here I am at 4pm again today and I've got the hungries - am going to have to figure out how to make my lunch a bit bigger so it lasts me until dinner. (lunch today was a grass fed beef hot dog - no bun - our cafeteria served - she knows many of us are trying to be conscientious about that - and a salad that I put many olives on with the veggies and oil/vin dressing. Should have asked for a second hot dog perhaps). Maybe more water in the afternoon would help too. I sometimes forget to keep that consistent.

Graceahp - I have found that adding more *fat* is the key to keeping myself full between meals. As a life-long dieter I was loathe to do this, but it really does work. My personal fav is avocado.

some of the clothes I typically wear were in the laundry, so I decided to try on a pair of jean capris that I haven't worn in at least a year if not more (and last likely wore them at least 20 pounds ago).  I've not even thought they would fit, and I attribute that to being constantly bloated with water weight and everything else that goes along with eating such a poor diet.  Lo and behold, they fit.  Not even super tight fitting, actually wearable. 

Jamiedub - I had the same experience yesterday as well! A pair of jeans that I have been avoiding, because I distinctly remember them being uncomfortably tight the last time I had them on, fit just fine. :) WIN!!!

Suzibeck - Wow! What a victory! You got this, girl.

Work the past two days have been truly exhausting for me.  I was injured pretty good (bad) end of March.  Slowly recovering.  But having been out of work and unable to be as physically active as I usually a, I am woefully in need of increased stamina.  Hurting quite a bit and have been trying really hard not to take medications.  But tonight, it just has to happen.  At least I'm not working tomorrow.  Hoping Thursday is better in that regard. 

Hi Everybody....

Had a very rough day yesterday, life-wise...family health emergencies, total chaos and the 2nd night in a row of 4 hours of sleep...I feel pretty wiped out.

Gonegirl, Stravajunkie - sounds like you guys are shouldering a lot, in addition to this whole30 - be kind to yourselves. I think we all need to remember that. We are so quick to see our own flaws and short-comings, while ignoring or minimizing all the serious stuff we deal with constantly. We do so much, and look at us now - doing even more in the name of keeping ourselves healthy and strong. WE ARE AMAZING.

Archived