Starting June 1st - First Whole30

JennSeitzer

Sounds like it was a rough one for you! I hope tomorrow's a better day. :)

I made those type of burgers last night for dinner too. I think I might have to caramelize some onions tonight ;)

The caramelize onion comment totally just cemented what I'm having for supper tonight.  Was going to be leftovers.  But I want liver and onions cooked in a cast iron skillet!  OMG, thank you!  Totally having that and should have some left for tomorrow. B)

Dinner...I'm grilling chicken thighs and zucchini and yellow squash, and "baking" (in the microwave) sweet potatoes.

Same problem here.

I'll raise you the highest supportive sports bra and raise you a double-up...I wear two when I run. Anything that I can compress, strap down, and keep them from moving.

I "baked" sweet potatoes last night too.  Took one to work.  Didn't eat it until on my way home.  Was quite hungry and getting all my veggies in is a challenge.  So, I broke open  :D the spud, and squeezed out the insides as I ate it.  Kept me satisfied on my drive home.  Got in some veggies and now, I'll have dinner.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll raise you the highest supportive sports bra and raise you a double-up...I wear two when I run. Anything that I can compress, strap down, and keep them from moving.

oh lord. if i doubled up, i would be afraid i wouldnt be able to get the darn things off! it is already hard enough..i feel like i have to unhinge my shoulder joints just to get the bra over my head!!!

I'm on Day 9 and I hit the "this sucks, why am I doing this" wall hard. I haven't seen any cosmetic improvements, I'm sleeping a little too hard, but I'm hoping the energy will kick in soon.

Hang in there heytrace. Have faith. What positive effects are you experiencing? What do you mean by sleeping hard? Are you sleeping well but waking up groggy? 

Quick check in as it has been an extremely long day. I am still with y'all. Next week I won't be on the go as much so I hope to get better with templet meals.

I started reading It Starts With Food tonight. Only got through 1 chapter, need sleep. Day 9 is complete, good night!

Right there with you Suzibeck...and hoping the same for next week for me.  Just got the word today though that I'm for sure solo again tomorrow and likely Monday.  This means 4-5 days in a row of covering for both my co-workers.  Came home so steamed tonight that I hit the treadmill for a run, which let me tell you....I never do.  Going to use that to "buy" myself a little extra time past curfew tonight though because it pushed dinner back so late and I want that to settle some before I crash. 

Any other meal planners out there working on next week?  I've got to get that nailed down in between everything else tomorrow so I will probably be keeping it simple, nothing new or fancy, but always looking to hear someone else's ideas so I can borrow them.  I noted down that "use sweet potato soup as a sauce" idea and will most definitely be playing with that, probably swapping in butternut and keeping it for this fall, but I think that could go really far towards a great meal. 

oh lord. if i doubled up, i would be afraid i wouldnt be able to get the darn things off! it is already hard enough..i feel like i have to unhinge my shoulder joints just to get the bra over my head!!!

Hang in there heytrace. Have faith. What positive effects are you experiencing? What do you mean by sleeping hard? Are you sleeping well but waking up groggy? 

Yeah, I'm normally a hard sleeper, like once I get to sleep, I sleep really deeply and have a hard time waking up, but during the Whole30, I'm sleeping even harder, to the point where I'm sleeping through my alarms even though I'm going to bed at the same time. So that's annoying. As far as positive effects, really the only one so far is that I'm adjusting to more fiber from fruits and vegetables as far as my digestion (as in, not having to run to the bathroom), but I'm back to feeling bloated and I had a massive sweet craving today, which had been otherwise almost gone. I think I just need to push through and hope for Tiger Blood!

Really, really tough couple of days for me.  Very stressful day at work yesterday and came home tonight to find that my kitty is missing.  she is never gone this long and Im pretty anxious.  

I still think Im maintaining the plan although I did eat some nuts and fruit on the way home from work cuz I was super hungry. I still feel really great physically, but kind of emotionally exhausted and now worried about my cat.  She is 13 and not as spry as she used to be and there are very large male cats nearby that are pretty territorial.  

Glad I can come here and vent.  

M1: 3 eggs, peppers, onions, mushrooms, black olives , olive oil

M2:  Egg salad on a bed of salad with balsamic

M3:  Grilled chicken breast, big salad with avocado and Tessemaes.

3 dates

handful of pecans

Hi All! Day 9 almost down! Today was pretty good for me - had a little personal win when I met up with my friend and her kiddos at ChuckECheese and was not even tempted to have any (albeit horrible) pizza. :)

The challenge I have is eating breakfast first thing in the morning and making it before my coffee.  It's a wonder I haven't burned the house down!  I am in a coma before my coffee. 

OMG BigMomma - stop making me laugh so hard!! I am right there with you! And good for you for making it through your tough day today - way to go!

MumDee - I haven't noticed any weight loss either. But I feel strangely *lighter*, if that means anything at all? Like it is easier to be in and move my body? It's weird.

This weekend will be a tough one, I have 2 baby showers and a birthday party... I'm dreading it! I know there will be tempting foods and probably not much for me to eat. I'll have to pack my own meals and bring them I guess!

I think this weekend is going to be a challenge for me too - hanging out with the Ladies Aid Society (what my girlfriends and I call ourselves), along with all the kids and husbands - sure to be much drinking and off-plan snacking going on. I'm not really worried about the food/snacks, but I know I'm going to really want to have a glass of wine (or two!) with my friends. I'm planning to bring a bunch of La Croix waters with me, but I have a feeling this one is going to be tough. Earoti - I promise to stay strong if you do! Deal? Report back on Monday?

Tytbody - I hear you on the running. I came to the conclusion that I could be strong, I could have endurance, I might even be able to be flexible, but I will never be FAST. To each his own, I say!

I'm on Day 9 and I hit the "this sucks, why am I doing this" wall hard. I haven't seen any cosmetic improvements, I'm sleeping a little too hard, but I'm hoping the energy will kick in soon.

Heytrace - hang in there. I have a feeling we are all going to hit multiple walls. Give it a few more days and see if things start improving. I bet they will!

Any other meal planners out there working on next week?  I've got to get that nailed down in between everything else tomorrow so I will probably be keeping it simple, nothing new or fancy, but always looking to hear someone else's ideas so I can borrow them.  I noted down that "use sweet potato soup as a sauce" idea and will most definitely be playing with that, probably swapping in butternut and keeping it for this fall, but I think that could go really far towards a great meal. 

Crimsann - I don't know about "great" but one thing that really helped me this week was making up all my lunches for the week on Sunday. I just baked up a bunch of chicken thighs (I season them with a spice blend I like), and sweet potato chunks (also seasoned), and then steamed a huge bag of frozen mixed veggies (I get the organic blend from CostCo that has carrots, cauliflower, broccoli). Then I portion it all out into 5 containers. I usually leave 2 out and put 3 in the freezer, but they would probably be just fine in the refrigerator. Anyways, it's not exciting but it's tasty, filling, and easy. And then I can use any left-overs from dinner for the next days breakfast, which makes breakfast a lot easier too.

LoriJJ - how you doing girl?

Welcome to everyone who has joined in the last few days - nice to see our group getting bigger!

I wish you all a successful Day 10!

I too hope you find your kitty soon, Katrine.

Foodwisd for me, the day was going ok until this evening... I was so hungry and it was late, so I kind of grazed my way through all the right foods but not all together, and then I just wasn't satisfied (even though I wasn't hungry anymore) because I felt like I didn't have a real meal. Sitting down to a meal all on one plate when I'm hungry seems to be important for me.

I was feeling a little bored with it, too, (hang in there, heytrace) and I know I'm coming into my hardest days. I am running low on options and need to shop and cook (going to look for some freezer-to-crockpot recipes to assemble ahead of time), so when I looked in the empty fridge tonight it reinforced some idea in the back of my head that my choices are so limited and..."why am I doing this again?" It was such a change from how I felt just a few hours earlier -- don't know what that was all about. But I'm determined to get through the next days, however monotonous they may be. If I can make it to Tuesday I can make it the rest. No, I mean, I/we WILL make it to Tuesday and the rest.

I made ghee in the crockpot, and it was really easy! Oh but it may not have been the best day to make that because it smelled SO good -- browned butter.

I'm not doing as well about getting to sleep early either -- need to prioritize this.

Have a good Friday /Day 10 everyone! I am looking forward to losing track of which day we are on if that is possible!

Well one thing I learned is I can't skimp on lunch.  Around 9PM I fell asleep on the couch and woke up around 4, which was ok so I could set my alarm for 6.  I did go back to sleep.  I had too much for dinner and I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  The bonus though was I got a lot of sleep and no headache this morning. 

I hope everyone has a great day!

Really, really tough couple of days for me.  Very stressful day at work yesterday and came home tonight to find that my kitty is missing.  she is never gone this long and Im pretty anxious.  

I still think Im maintaining the plan although I did eat some nuts and fruit on the way home from work cuz I was super hungry. I still feel really great physically, but kind of emotionally exhausted and now worried about my cat.  She is 13 and not as spry as she used to be and there are very large male cats nearby that are pretty territorial.  

I'm so sorry your kitty went missing, Katrine!  I hope she returns safe and sound very soon.  I can relate after almost losing my kitty this week to a blockage, he still isn't 100%, gave us quite a scare.

I really need to focus on pre-making meals if I can find any free time this weekend.  I get to go into work later today but I'm working later too and I have to work  5 hours tomorrow.  My kids miss me. I don't know how full time working parents do it, this week has about done me in. Someone posted earlier about making chicken, sweet potatoes and steamed veggies for lunches.  Great idea!  Any other easy, quick meals I can put together without a lot of thought or time?  Next week should be easier on me but I will be playing catch up on all things home after this week of being gone almost constantly.  

Yesterday, I had more energy.  Good thing too because I was full speed ahead from 6:30am to 9:45pm.  I slept well until a cat woke me a 5:15, went back to sleep for a little over an hour and the other one decided to give it a try.  Darn cats!  Let me sleep in on my only day to do so!  At least I'm now up with a quiet house for some ME time. I haven't had any of that all week.  My 20 yo goes in to work at 8, my 16 yo is on her first day of summer vacation so no way is she getting up any time soon, and my two homeschoolers are not early risers.  They will all be awake and clamoring for my attention when I get home after 6 tonight though and they stay up later than I do.  

Well, I better go dig for something for breakfast.  Maybe eggs with pico and hopefully there is an avocado left in the fridge.  Chicken salad on a bed of spinach for lunch, with carrots, bell peppers, cucumber on the side.  I have no clue what dinner will look like.  

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Day 10 Everyone, 

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, lots happening with end of the year school stuff and I had multiple Dr. appointments. I had to LOL at all the talk about "the girls" and I will say that when I try to focus on any positives from my cancer losing "the girls" is on the top of my list! One of my appointments yesterday was with a new surgeon re: reconstruction. Having no control thru most of my cancer experience, it's a good feeling to have some control now about the type of reconstruction surgeries available. Thanks for the laugh girls!

Happy to hear so many are doing well, sorry to hear about those still struggling but really admire your tenacity and drive to continue. 

Question: I might make some mayo this weekend and I know it calls for light olive oil. I looked quick but it seemed like none of the light olive oils were extra virgin? What are you guys using?

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Happy Day 10 Everyone, 

Question: I might make some mayo this weekend and I know it calls for light olive oil. I looked quick but it seemed like none of the light olive oils were extra virgin? What are you guys using?

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Re: what oil to use for mayo, from the Whole30 Book:

Make sure you use light olive oil, not extra-virgin. (The EVOO tastes way too heavy.) You can also use a high-oleic safflower or sunflower oil. The seeds used to make these oils have been bred to contain more healthy monounsaturated fats and less polyunsaturated fats, making their nutrition profile almost identical to olive oil. (Note, this is not the same as genetically modifying the seeds—these are not GMO products.) The flavor of all three of these oils is very mild, making it ideal for mayonnaise. You could use avocado oil, but we find the overall flavor too heavy, and don’t recommend it.

I found it wasn't easy to find olive oil that wasnt extra virgin at health food stores. Luckily, I found a Kroger brand "Lighter Olive Oil" and use that. It's perfect. 

• Moderators

Light olive oil won't be extra virgin... extra virgin is usually first cold pressed and light olive oil is much more processed but you do NOT want to use extra virgin for mayo... it's gross.

I use avocado oil from Costco :)

• Moderators

3 dates

handful of pecans

I'm so sorry to hear that kitty has gone off on an ill advised adventure... my kitty used to go outside... one halloween he got scared by the fireworks and left for two days... I was beside myself... I completely understand... you'll hear her hello meows soon and then she'll tell you all about her adventure... I don't mean to minimize it tho, it's awful when they veer from their normal routines.  What's her name so we can send positive thoughts for her coming home soon?

Heytrace, I'm sorry you are having difficulty waking up from deep sleep.  I don't really have a suggestion for you..I, too, get a real deep sleep when on Whole30 and had a hard time waking up during my first week but now Im waking quickly and am not groggy at all.  I hope you reach that point soon!  And the digestive issues are improving so that is a victory...things will get better with other areas too. 

Katrine, hope your kitty makes a return soon!

Susabella, reconstructive surgery...yay! 

Sounds like we have a lot of busy bees around here!  Im exhausted just reading your posts!  

I will be doing tons of yard work this weekend and it's gonna be HOT.  

Meal planning on deck for me this weekend:

Fish tacos with avocado mango salsa (I use a compliant coconut flour tortilla at Whole Foods, dont freak out, its not SWYPO for me). 

Bone broth in crock pot 

Turkey burgers with grilled eggplant "buns" 

Here's to a great Day 10!

Cheers,

Kelli

Yeah, I'm normally a hard sleeper, like once I get to sleep, I sleep really deeply and have a hard time waking up, but during the Whole30, I'm sleeping even harder, to the point where I'm sleeping through my alarms even though I'm going to bed at the same time. So that's annoying. As far as positive effects, really the only one so far is that I'm adjusting to more fiber from fruits and vegetables as far as my digestion (as in, not having to run to the bathroom), but I'm back to feeling bloated and I had a massive sweet craving today, which had been otherwise almost gone. I think I just need to push through and hope for Tiger Blood!

I'm usually a pretty deep sleeper as well, but last night was ridiculous...maybe it's catching!  I was so deeply asleep that I also slept through my alarm clock and since I use the Carrot app....well, let me tell you, that's NOT easy to do.  I use that because I also sleep with earplugs in and she is one of the few things that will consistently penetrate them.  She does not, however, take kindly to being ignored.  If you aren't familiar with Carrot you should check out the video on it, pretty funny.  You don't really get any snooze options, and you have to complete random tasks before she will shut off.  If you wake up and give in to her demands promptly she stays a happy color and only blasts you with really loud music.  If you don't respond within a minute or so she goes a less happy color and initiates what sounds like an air raid siren.  You will also find yourself doing somewhat harder tasks like MATH and unscrambling words...none of these things would be difficult if you were fully awake but first thing in the AM....well, don't make her mad.  Just.  Don't.  I will give you one hint though, if you are attempting to unscramble a word for her...just assume it's an insult, it will really speed up the process!  Also if you are into a lot of positive self reinforcement you might not appreciate her type of tough love.  If you can take her evil overlord mentality with the snark that is intended though, you might actually get a kick out of her. 

What works for deep sleepers here though is the fact that reading and correctly responding even to the easy tasks is enough to engage the brain to the point where you are unlikey to instantly fall back asleep.  Not to say I always pop straight out of bed, but if I go back to sleep it's because I chose to and not because I turned my alarm off while still half asleep and accidentally overslept.

Anyway, was in the process of dreaming about eating chocolate covered strawberries at the time so an air raid siren was probably appropriate!!!

In the mixed news category, starting today I will no longer be able to dash up one flight to rinse out my coffee cup or fill my water bottle with ice...it's now going to be a four flight jaunt down (and then back UP) so my daily activity level is about to get goosed. 

I'm "happy" about this.

"It's Day 10...and I want to give in." (Not really, but it rhymed and it's part of the timeline idea that we get to this point and we're so ready to be done. 

It's a hard morning for me. I grabbed a slice of bacon and a cup of coffee before heading out the door to grocery shop for my husband's work lunch today--his work buys the ingredients and we make it...the power behind using the company credit card is surreal, and scary. I go along to make sure we stay in budget, and I have the pleasure in helping him make a lunch once a month. Today we made enough to feed a platoon! It was a good thing I had my plastic gloves on (sanitary serving is my #1 rule). I did get a nice slice of roast beef for my breakfast...and efforts of helping! 

I'm determined to make this a life style.

I made ghee in the crockpot, and it was really easy! Oh but it may not have been the best day to make that because it smelled SO good -- browned butter.
I need to do this!

The caramelize onion comment totally just cemented what I'm having for supper tonight.  Was going to be leftovers.  But I want liver and onions cooked in a cast iron skillet!  OMG, thank you!  Totally having that and should have some left for tomorrow. B)

I "baked" sweet potatoes last night too.  Took one to work.  Didn't eat it until on my way home.  Was quite hungry and getting all my veggies in is a challenge.  So, I broke open  :D the spud, and squeezed out the insides as I ate it.  Kept me satisfied on my drive home.  Got in some veggies and now, I'll have dinner.

I so love that you ate the sweet potato on your drive home! That has to be the TRUE living the Whole30 way.

I should have mentioned...mine hook in the back, for that exact strangulation reason. I invested in the Champion brand after needing my husband's helping getting out of two pull over ones....once he stopped laughing, he made a point in asking if they made these "things" with hooks on the back. And that's when I started looking for new ones. Best investment ever!

Just got the word today though that I'm for sure solo again tomorrow and likely Monday.  This means 4-5 days in a row of covering for both my co-workers.  Came home so steamed tonight that I hit the treadmill for a run, which let me tell you....I never do.  Going to use that to "buy" myself a little extra time past curfew tonight though because it pushed dinner back so late and I want that to settle some before I crash. 

Frustrated for you, but glad you hit the treadmill!  I'm also planning foods for next week. My husband and I are leaving for a camping/biking trip next weekend so I'm trying to plan ahead. Here's what I have so far...

I put whatever meat in the crock pot with seasonings and that's it. Cook it all day on medium (sometimes high) and then I shred the meat. I do this for chicken and beef. I'll most likely do it for our camping trip. I'm also going to grill chicken thighs and burgers with onions (I'm still on this caramelized onion fetish! lol), and cook up a pound of bacon. I'll also make chicken and tuna salads. 

Vegetables....celery, carrots, cherry tomatoes (from the garden), cucumbers, and lettuce from the garden.

Seeds/fats...avocados, sunflower seeds, and making almond butter to eat with lunch.

Fruits....apples, oranges, and pineapple---I'm going to freeze some of each to put in water and to enjoy during our meals...keeps water cold AND fruit for lunch.

That's all I have so far. I'm trying to build meals around the template and be realistic to our daily activities....hiking and biking.

3 dates

handful of pecans

Thinking of you!

Happy Day 10 Everyone, 

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, lots happening with end of the year school stuff and I had multiple Dr. appointments. I had to LOL at all the talk about "the girls" and I will say that when I try to focus on any positives from my cancer losing "the girls" is on the top of my list! One of my appointments yesterday was with a new surgeon re: reconstruction. Having no control thru most of my cancer experience, it's a good feeling to have some control now about the type of reconstruction surgeries available. Thanks for the laugh girls!

Happy to hear so many are doing well, sorry to hear about those still struggling but really admire your tenacity and drive to continue. 

Happy Friday Everyone!!

I normally use light olive oil. The darker the olive oil, the stronger the taste. So it'll depend on how strong of a taste you'd like. :)

Meal planning on deck for me this weekend:

Fish tacos with avocado mango salsa (I use a compliant coconut flour tortilla at Whole Foods, dont freak out, its not SWYPO for me). 

Is that a Whole Foods brand or what should I look for?  I might not use them on a W30 myself, I would need to try them first to see if that would be a grey area for me because I have been known to eat plain tortillas when I'm hungry and the pantry was empty, lol!  I'm interested though because for July my plan is to stick to all compliant ingredients while branching out into some less compliant intentions and this sounds like something I would try then. 

I'm usually a pretty deep sleeper as well, but last night was ridiculous...maybe it's catching!  I was so deeply asleep that I also slept through my alarm clock and since I use the Carrot app....well, let me tell you, that's NOT easy to do.  I use that because I also sleep with earplugs in and she is one of the few things that will consistently penetrate them.  She does not, however, take kindly to being ignored.  If you aren't familiar with Carrot you should check out the video on it, pretty funny.  You don't really get any snooze options, and you have to complete random tasks before she will shut off.  If you wake up and give in to her demands promptly she stays a happy color and only blasts you with really loud music.  If you don't respond within a minute or so she goes a less happy color and initiates what sounds like an air raid siren.  You will also find yourself doing somewhat harder tasks like MATH and unscrambling words...none of these things would be difficult if you were fully awake but first thing in the AM....well, don't make her mad.  Just.  Don't.  I will give you one hint though, if you are attempting to unscramble a word for her...just assume it's an insult, it will really speed up the process!  Also if you are into a lot of positive self reinforcement you might not appreciate her type of tough love.  If you can take her evil overlord mentality with the snark that is intended though, you might actually get a kick out of her. 

What works for deep sleepers here though is the fact that reading and correctly responding even to the easy tasks is enough to engage the brain to the point where you are unlikey to instantly fall back asleep.  Not to say I always pop straight out of bed, but if I go back to sleep it's because I chose to and not because I turned my alarm off while still half asleep and accidentally overslept.

Anyway, was in the process of dreaming about eating chocolate covered strawberries at the time so an air raid siren was probably appropriate!!!

In the mixed news category, starting today I will no longer be able to dash up one flight to rinse out my coffee cup or fill my water bottle with ice...it's now going to be a four flight jaunt down (and then back UP) so my daily activity level is about to get goosed. 

I'm "happy" about this.

Haha, I'll have to try that app! I use my phone alarm clock and The Rock Clock - waking up to Dwayne Johnson saying "Beep... beep... BEEP... BEEP! I could do this alllll day" usually makes me wake up in a good mood, but my small one was up most of the night, so I was too. I also woke up full-on angry because I dreamt about eating a big bowl of tofu and rice with soy sauce and gochujang (my most comforting food) and obviously I didn't have it when I woke up. I really need this phase to pass quickly. 

Is that a Whole Foods brand or what should I look for?  I might not use them on a W30 myself, I would need to try them first to see if that would be a grey area for me because I have been known to eat plain tortillas when I'm hungry and the pantry was empty, lol!  I'm interested though because for July my plan is to stick to all compliant ingredients while branching out into some less compliant intentions and this sounds like something I would try then. 

If SamnKelli means the Siete tortillas, yup, you can find them at Whole Foods. They're really good - warm them in the microwave for a couple of seconds between a couple of damp paper towels and they come out perfectly. I had some earlier this week with my Kalua Pig because they're not SWYPO or FWNB for me either and I couldn't look at another lettuce wrap.

The brand is called Siete. http://sietefoods.com/

There is one version made with coconut/cassava flour and one with almond flour.  They taste like a flour tortilla and a corn tortilla fell in love and had a baby. They're also made with certified pasture-raised lard, so they have a savory bacon finish (this is verbatim from the website.....funny people at Siete).

I've tried them both and prefer the coconut/cassava ones. They are by FAR the best tortillas I've found and eat them regularly when not doing Whole 30 but decided to investigate if they are considered compliant...found a post under "Can I Have...?" on here and a moderator kindly explained if they are not a SWYPO type item, using them sparingly would be ok. That's all I needed to hear!!

• Moderators

Hello all

Here is the official ruling on 'wraps', regardless of what they are made of and regardless of whether for you individually, they are SWYPO or not

I"m not sure what the Can I have thread is that was referenced as having a moderator say they were okay sparingly but that is incorrect information. The rules are the rules and we ask that you follow all of them for the 30 days, regardless of whether you personally have a healthy or unhealthy attachment to wraps.

Paleo Bread: No

What we actually wanted to say here was, “Hell, no.” Buying (or baking) Paleo Bread during your Whole30 is an exercise in missing the point. We’re asking you to change your food habits, here, not just the ingredients. Bread is as SWYPO as it gets, and is still a nutrient-poor food choice, pushing more nutritious foods off your plate. Finally, bread (even if it is made from coconut flour) is the very definition of “food with no brakes!” This extends to include coconut flour wrapsas well. Just say no, and sandwich your meat in a lettuce leaf, portobello mushroom caps, or toasted sheets of nori instead.

Hello all

Here is the official ruling on 'wraps', regardless of what they are made of and regardless of whether for you individually, they are SWYPO or not

I"m not sure what the Can I have thread is that was referenced as having a moderator say they were okay sparingly but that is incorrect information. The rules are the rules and we ask that you follow all of them for the 30 days, regardless of whether you personally have a healthy or unhealthy attachment to wraps.

Paleo Bread: No

What we actually wanted to say here was, “Hell, no.” Buying (or baking) Paleo Bread during your Whole30 is an exercise in missing the point. We’re asking you to change your food habits, here, not just the ingredients. Bread is as SWYPO as it gets, and is still a nutrient-poor food choice, pushing more nutritious foods off your plate. Finally, bread (even if it is made from coconut flour) is the very definition of “food with no brakes!” This extends to include coconut flour wrapsas well. Just say no, and sandwich your meat in a lettuce leaf, portobello mushroom caps, or toasted sheets of nori instead.

Here is the post I was referring to...mods say they are ok.  Its not bread, its a tortilla full of healthy meats and veggies. ???

http://forum.whole30.com/topic/719-coconut-flour-tortillas/

Archived