Starting June 1st - First Whole30

JennSeitzer

I totally have the same issue!  not hungry when I wake up for at least 2 hours!  And I notice that now I'm not as energetic as I was in the beginning.  so weird, cuz I thought it would get even better.  

and did I mention that the cravings seem worse this week too!!  I really want my wine and some "crunchies"

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katrine - yeah, I think I've kind of hit a slump, and maybe some others have too. It's like the shiny-ness has worn off, and now I'm just looking at day after day after day of cooking, will power tests, and no wine. :( And while I will totally admit that I DO feel better, and more even-keeled, I don't feel that awesome energy that everyone keeps talking about. So it feels like a high-cost/low-benefit scenario right now. But I will have faith. I will keep it up for 30 days, if only to prove to myself that I can accomplish the goals I set for myself.

But man, I wish that Tiger Blood would show up already.

Christine, I am checking out the Panache...gets great reviews so Im going to get one. The Bounce Trouncer is ok but I dont feel like it is completely trouncing the bounce!

I have had four of these.  I absolutely love them.  We are fortunate that there is a shop called "Bra Genie" about an hour from me.  They are amazing.  I Love Panache.  Not cheap but work great and last a long time. Just take care not to machine wash regular cycle.  LIne dry.  Will last a very long time.  And Yes, I need industrial strength.  And that they are. I also like that you can connect them in the back for a racer style shirt and it's easy to do without taking off.  Keeps them puppies in position!

Sorry I've been out of it everyone.  Been really, really busy with working more days than I'm used to.  Pulled a couple frames of honey yesterday, and ya'll would be so proud.  Not one lick.  One of my sons said next frame we pull he's saving it for me for when I can have it again  LOL.  Told him that was sweet.  But I don't think even I could do 6-8 pints of honey!  We have two more bee hives coming tomorrow.  I hope.  They guy keeps rescheduling.  Cleaning house like a whirling dervish tomorrow before my husband gets home.  He's been gone three weeks.  Cannot wait to see him.  Want the house to be clean so he actually likes walking through the door.   :D And all my cleaning products arrived today.  Good timing. (Melaleuca). 

Loving my bento box.  It's perfect size for lunch and helps keep me focused on how to fill it and somewhat creative so keeps me from getting bored.

Down side, I had gotten off work, so I stopped by the grocery store where I found an in-house cooked meat at the deli section with no added sugar, or any artificial ingredients.  Was super excited to find that.  But while getting my deli order, I looked up and I couldn't see half of the guys face.  Uh-oh.  Aura before a migraine.  Crap.  Have an hour to drive home.  This is going to be interesting since I can't see half of the left side of anything.  And that has little zig-zag flashy lights around the edges of that.  Took a migraine tablet which is a bit of a risk since I know it's going to kick in before I get home and I can either get caffeine jittery or sleepy.  Sleepy it was. Made it home.  No wrecks.  Even with screwed up depth perception and blinding pain.  Pain slightly better.  Still made a nice compliant supper and had quality time with the kidlets.

Have to say, I have had some of those thoughts about well, I've done this well, maybe I've kicked the craving and can have something now and blow off the rest of the plan.  But that's my cravings talking!  This was day 14 for me and it's over!

Katrine, so glad your kitty came home!

Cravings...it's funny that everyone started talking about them.  I tend to notice I want somethng at night, after dinner.  However there really is nothing in the house I want, it's for something that I have to get in a car to get.  It happens during the little bit of down time that I do get at home.  I am having cravings for things I didn't have cravings for before and not healthy ones, creamy cravings if you know what I mean.  I have been trying to keep busy at home after work and dinner but when I sit down, bam, it will hit me.  The good thing is it is usually after 9 and there is no way in heck I am leaving the house to safisfy that craving, especially because I am usally in my jammies.

I can be at work all day surrounded by food and I don't get a craving but at 9:30 at night I will, crazy.

I hope everyone has a great day!

So yesterday I started having horrible cravings for sugar. Yesterday was the hardest day I've had so far. I started feeling almost sorry for myself that I couldn't have the sweets I wanted. I bought a fun gift to send my sister for her bday and I bought candy to go in it, and I so badly wanted to tear open the bags and dig in! But I'm so glad I didn't. I know that's why I'm doing this to have control over food and kill my stupid sugar dragon.

On the timeline it says tiger blood is expected day 16, so we should be getting close! We just need to hold on, stay committed and motivated!!!

I find I'm getting bored with food too. Tried a few recipes that's ended up not being very good, I'm not the best cook! Anyone have simple recipes that they love and actually get excited about???

Bigmomma, I'm with you on those evening cravings. MAN, the post-dinner time frame is hard for me. It really makes me face how far down the road of "end the meal/day with sweet munchies" I've gone.

I wish I could have all tempting food out of the house, but with a family, it's not happening. I am trying to limit the obvious stuff (boxes of cookies) and especially not get involved in BAKING treats with my kids. They love to cook, so it's a fun activity, but not good for me. So we are looking for other, non food related activities to fall back on.

One thing I'm noticing with the waking up hungry thing (I am a die hard non-breakfast eater for about the last 17 years, so yeah it's an issue): It helps me to wake up hungry AND wake up feeling energy if I go to sleep slightly "empty". NOT hungry, but not with a full tummy. I don't know if it's the digesting all night or what, but it makes me wake up groggy. This theory, which sounds great, is hard for me to put into practice because I dearly love my large dinner. I just need to cut it back a little, but it's a hard discipline for me. Back to the whole "drink tea instead of having 2nds/3rds and you will be happier in the long run..."

Ahhhh.....the glories of learning delayed gratification, otherwise known as maturity or "adulating". It's basically hard.

Earoti asked about recipes...I don't really use recipes, but I do think in terms of flavors-like I am l looking forward to 'Mexican' flavor today so I'll lean on avocados and taco flavored ground beef....another thing that almost always sounds good is a BBQ steak...slather on some spices...for comfort food I LOOOVEEE cauliflower, chopped small and fried on cast-iron till tender in WAY more ghee than would seem rational-salted and used as side for *protein of choice*.....sorry I'm not  a very creative cook...if it's hot where you are, a mock caprese salad with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, fresh basil and a big dollop of lemony mayo (in place of the mozzarella) olive oil and balsalmic...sometimes sounds yummy. Or add strips of chicken fried lots of salt/pepper/garlic ...

Good for you, Earoti, for not breaking into the candy!

I'm trying the master recipes from ISWF, I've prepped stuff so the meals are easy to throw together. I really need that.

I chuckle at the sit down and enjoy your food. With 3 teenagers and an 8 yo, I never get to sit down for long before someone needs a ride somewhere.

3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups carrots and bell pepper sautéed in garlic coconut oil for breakfast. Lunch will be spring mix with pear and classic pantry vinaigrette along with Asian Beef Skillet. Dinner? Who knows? Maybe the Salmon cakes if I have time to make them.

Great suggestions for quick easy meals, Stravajunkie (and thanks for hanging around!!)..I love to cook and try new recipes but there are times when throwing something together is the best.  Nothing worse than being overwhelmed (or underwhelmed) by a great recipe or spending a ton of time on a meal that tastes terrible!

Gonegirl, sorry about the migraine!! Hope you are feeling better! I've had a few in my life and they start with the aura and zig zagging lines in vision too. Not fun.

Well, I may as well join the sugar craving party we are all at. My husband is still eating the meals I prepare but has ice cream for dessert often. And he LOoooves to show me the huge chunks of toffee in his Ben and Jerry's Vanilla Toffee. I told him last night to cut it out. Seriously. Not funny and not helping. 

I try to avoid the "cant have" mentality and think about all the good healthy things I can have...summer fruits are my favorite so I try to shift my thinking and enjoy those things. 

Hunger is back this morning. I am a wake up hungry type of person so this is a good sign. 

Earoti and JT, speaking of Tiger Blood -- it looks very different for each individual. It could mean boundless energy, or steady moods, or keen focus.... I know I'm feeling the keen focus for sure, and boundless energy yes.  Sounds like some of us are experiencing it in terms of moods and focus. Are you able to get through a busy day but not feel like the walking dead in the evening? This could be your energy ramping up. Think about this the next couple of days. Tiger blood may not  present itself by jumping out of a box and saying IM HERE. 

Hi all,

Glad most of you navigated the weekend well, and if not are still with us with new resolve to make it happen.  I know a lot of you have families and jobs to juggle, and right now I have neither (by choice)....so I'm very effected by the current news events and am in a funk.  I haven't strayed from the plan (even picked cheese off of a salad at lunch, despite having ordered with no cheese...guess I'm destined to have challenges getting what I order...), but I have a profound sadness.  I'm going to try my hand at planting flowers, and try a new recipe or two.  I need to stay away from the news channels and facebook.... :(

Oh, and Tytbody, we passed the 40% mark last night.

I'm not one to keep up with all the news.   I don't know, it's just an obituary column on line..   

They don't praise the good that is people or that happens to people, only the tragedies of the war zones.    

I was just counting today saying to myself. It's almost Thursday and that makes the halfway point right? Will it be 50% then?   

Katrine - yeah, I think I've kind of hit a slump, and maybe some others have too. It's like the shiny-ness has worn off, and now I'm just looking at day after day after day of cooking, will power tests, and no wine. :( And while I will totally admit that I DO feel better, and more even-keeled, I don't feel that awesome energy that everyone keeps talking about. So it feels like a high-cost/low-benefit scenario right now. But I will have faith. I will keep it up for 30 days, if only to prove to myself that I can accomplish the goals I set for myself.

But man, I wish that Tiger Blood would show up already.

I also feel no *high*   I'm finishing also because I said I would. And If I genuinely don't feel or see much difference, i guess it would all be a test to myself that I can do something for a given amount of time.  Thank you Lord it's not 60 days..  I know I would not have joined that club. 

Down side, I had gotten off work, so I stopped by the grocery store where I found an in-house cooked meat at the deli section with no added sugar, or any artificial ingredients.  Was super excited to find that.  But while getting my deli order, I looked up and I couldn't see half of the guys face.  Uh-oh.  Aura before a migraine.  Crap.  Have an hour to drive home.  This is going to be interesting since I can't see half of the left side of anything.  And that has little zig-zag flashy lights around the edges of that.  Took a migraine tablet which is a bit of a risk since I know it's going to kick in before I get home and I can either get caffeine jittery or sleepy.  Sleepy it was. Made it home.  No wrecks.  Even with screwed up depth perception and blinding pain.  Pain slightly better.  Still made a nice compliant supper and had quality time with the kidlets.

Have to say, I have had some of those thoughts about well, I've done this well, maybe I've kicked the craving and can have something now and blow off the rest of the plan.  But that's my cravings talking!  This was day 14 for me and it's over!

Katrine, so glad your kitty came home!

wow. good to hear you made it home. that sounds like a lot of pain.  Why is it neurologist can't find a reason that makes migraines come on?   do you know  why they do?  

I can be at work all day surrounded by food and I don't get a craving but at 9:30 at night I will, crazy.

I hope everyone has a great day!

that's your bewitching hour.  Maybe time put something in that time slot so you will forget about it..  

I hear you on not having it in the house..  It's not here so i can't crave it..   It think I have learned that. *just don't buy it* and I get through by sewing or reading.  

So yesterday I started having horrible cravings for sugar. Yesterday was the hardest day I've had so far. I started feeling almost sorry for myself that I couldn't have the sweets I wanted. I bought a fun gift to send my sister for her bday and I bought candy to go in it, and I so badly wanted to tear open the bags and dig in! But I'm so glad I didn't. I know that's why I'm doing this to have control over food and kill my stupid sugar dragon.

On the timeline it says tiger blood is expected day 16, so we should be getting close! We just need to hold on, stay committed and motivated!!!

I find I'm getting bored with food too. Tried a few recipes that's ended up not being very good, I'm not the best cook! Anyone have simple recipes that they love and actually get excited about???

ahhhh.. You had your hands on it.  That would burn me to no end.. If I touch it, the package. I think I"m going to want to open it..  lol 

okay bring on day 16  that's this week right?  

I don't like counting my life away.   

and food, It was fun trying to make the plates fit the template, but i got it now and it has no zest or zing.. Just food.. I used to love eating.. now, it's a job.  

I have no exciting recipes because I've been eating the same thing.  always left overs..  and, really, .. I don't know..  .. 

Well, I may as well join the sugar craving party we are all at. My husband is still eating the meals I prepare but has ice cream for dessert often. And he LOoooves to show me the huge chunks of toffee in his Ben and Jerry's Vanilla Toffee. I told him last night to cut it out. Seriously. Not funny and not helping. 

I try to avoid the "cant have" mentality and think about all the good healthy things I can have...summer fruits are my favorite so I try to shift my thinking and enjoy those things. 

Hunger is back this morning. I am a wake up hungry type of person so this is a good sign. 

Earoti and JT, speaking of Tiger Blood -- it looks very different for each individual. It could mean boundless energy, or steady moods, or keen focus.... I know I'm feeling the keen focus for sure, and boundless energy yes.  Sounds like some of us are experiencing it in terms of moods and focus. Are you able to get through a busy day but not feel like the walking dead in the evening? This could be your energy ramping up. Think about this the next couple of days. Tiger blood may not  present itself by jumping out of a box and saying IM HERE. 

I know people think this is funny to wave the carrot in front of someone's face. I have learned not to do that because it hurts. I don't want to hurt anyone.  Sorry to hear your husband did that.  but now,you won't do it to other people either..         Take that carrot and hit him with it..   

lol 

What it has been doing for me is letting me know, I do have time for meditation. I said, 'm doing this so I should put the same effort into meditation..  They claim it does a lot just like this eating plan, but I believe in Meditation... I think maybe i'm losing my believe in this program..  

I have been dying to say, where is the moderator. ??? I think she has been absent for like 3 days.     

Maybe that means we are doing okay?   

Good morning!

Day 14....we're almost half way! 

After 14 days of eating clean and FINALLY getting the people I live with on board with how I cannot and choose not to eat gluten, sugar, and dairy, I'm feeling really good and finally resting when I sleep. I don't know or care about what the scales says. My stamina and overall happiness has increased. 

My thyroid is not longer inflamed..I don't look like Frankenstein's Bride---that's what I perceived of myself any ways.  So, I'm also not looking for any "exit" sign to change lanes into adding the gluten, sugar, or dairy back in at the end of this round of 30 days.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Moderators

I have been dying to say, where is the moderator. ??? I think she has been absent for like 3 days.     

Maybe that means we are doing okay?   

I'm here!!  You guys ARE doing great!  If I missed any questions or concerns, by all means, please post them again with my apologies for missing them.... otherwise carry on with your awesome selves!

I also feel no *high*   I'm finishing also because I said I would. And If I genuinely don't feel or see much difference, i guess it would all be a test to myself that I can do something for a given amount of time.  Thank you Lord it's not 60 days..  I know I would not have joined that club. 

and food, It was fun trying to make the plates fit the template, but i got it now and it has no zest or zing.. Just food.. I used to love eating.. now, it's a job.  

I have no exciting recipes because I've been eating the same thing.  always left overs..  and, really, .. I don't know..  .. 

I recall feeling sad during my first Whole 30 because I didn't get any emotional joy out of eating anymore. I remembered when I ate bad things, they relieved stress, made me feel better, all that sugar made me happy!  For me, eating clean healthy foods had no emotional pay off! So, why did I keep going? Because those unhealthy foods are full of empty rewards and I needed to find something else to fill that void. Food is so deeply rooted to our emotions! I knew I would be back in the same craving-guilt-shame-remorse cycle that made me so unhappy!! I ate things that were good for me but also brought me joy because they tasted delicious and were compliant (Butternut Squash Soup!! Ghee on EVERYTHING). Tytbody, you are doing a wonderful thing for yourself, dont get discouraged!! Find a way to put some fun back into the program rather than going through the motions!! 

From Melissa:

If you’re one of those folks who has hit the halfway mark and isn’t seeing or feeling the dramatic changes others have reported*, know this: You’re not doing it wrong. If you began the Whole30 with a medical condition, a long and rooted history of unhealthy food habits, or a chronically stressful lifestyle, your “magic” may take longer to appear, and probably won’t be a “light switch” moment. Don’t stress about whether you’re feeling honest-to-goodness “Tiger Blood”—be patient, and be on the lookout for small, gradual improvements to keep you motivated. Slow and steady still wins this race.

I recall feeling sad during my first Whole 30 because I didn't get any emotional joy out of eating anymore. I remembered when I ate bad things, they relieved stress, made me feel better, all that sugar made me happy!  For me, eating clean healthy foods had no emotional pay off! So, why did I keep going? Because those unhealthy foods are full of empty rewards and I needed to find something else to fill that void. Food is so deeply rooted to our emotions! I knew I would be back in the same craving-guilt-shame-remorse cycle that made me so unhappy!! I ate things that were good for me but also brought me joy because they tasted delicious and were compliant (Butternut Squash Soup!! Ghee on EVERYTHING). Tytbody, you are doing a wonderful thing for yourself, dont get discouraged!! Find a way to put some fun back into the program rather than going through the motions!! 

From Melissa:

If you’re one of those folks who has hit the halfway mark and isn’t seeing or feeling the dramatic changes others have reported*, know this: You’re not doing it wrong. If you began the Whole30 with a medical condition, a long and rooted history of unhealthy food habits, or a chronically stressful lifestyle, your “magic” may take longer to appear, and probably won’t be a “light switch” moment. Don’t stress about whether you’re feeling honest-to-goodness “Tiger Blood”—be patient, and be on the lookout for small, gradual improvements to keep you motivated. Slow and steady still wins this race.

Samnkelli this is awesome. Yeah. Basically, I have had to face the fact that food should be ENJOYABLE, but NOT the thing that makes you happy. Or I'm setting myself up for major problems. Relationships, adventures, hobbies, etc. make me happy. Food fuels those in a satisfying way. *at least that's my ideal* Slow but steady progress....

My "quick" recipe for this week was chicken breasts tossed in the crockpot and then liberally sprinkled with sea salt, fresh lime juice (used two smaller limes), some of the lime zest, and chili powder...cooked on low for the better part of the day.  It's similar to a taco chicken but with this zippy lighter taste that is perfect for summer.  I shred it before I drain any of the "broth" off and let that soak back in so it keeps the lime flavor and any fat that cooked down, then warm it up for lunches and pile it on salad.  For this, I like a mix of romaine with just a bit of red cabbage and shredded carrots (I just use a bagged mix) and I add some chopped baby bell peppers and cilantro.  The cilantro really boosts the flavor of the basic salad if you like cilantro.  I also add a generous scoop of guacamole and Whole Foods house made fresh pineapple salsa (pineapple, lime, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, red onion...I think that's about it, easy enough to make your own if you need to and that teensy bit of fresh sweetness and spicy pepper rounds this salad out just right.) 

Tons of color, tons of flavor, light enough to eat even on those really hot days but still has some good fat in there. 

Tonight for dinner I took some chicken breast, cut it up sauteed it with ghee, garlic and lemon juice.  When it was done I threw some fresh spinach on top, put a lid on until it wilted and wammo, my dinner.  Everyone esle had BLT's.  I also was battling a headache but I have since realized that with my energy level up I didn't have my coffee like I normally do, not to mention I am not drinking Diet Coke.

Success!!!  I made the mayo and this time it came out.  I should have read the instructions for mayo in the Vita Mix book.  Now I know not to use such a high speed!  So for lunch I had tuna with a big salad!  Ranch Dressing is next.

Tytbody I feel you.  I want you to know that you can do this.  I know in a previous post that I said that I can't focus on the journey.  It has to be one day at a time.  I have been eating so bad for so long that I knew if started thinking about recipes and all that stuff I would fail.  While all of our challenges are different, we all can do this.  If you have a favorite meal then try to find another way to make it.  I did that tonight with my chicken.  I love garlic chicken with pasta and the meal has a couple of non compliant ingredients, so I changed it up and it was delicious.  I know it is hard to make sure we are all eating the right things but I try to keep it simple so it is not a "job" to figure out what to eat.  Do I necessarily eat template 100% of the time?  I don't, but during the course of my day I try to hit everything.

The hardest meal for me is breakfast, I know that I can't eat all of that first thing in the morning, I tried.  So for lunch I have more of what I was missing from breakfast.  If that is wrong, than so be it.  I am making this work for me, not for anyone else.  I guess you could say I found my sweet spot.  You will find yours.

Hang in there!  I would give you a hug if I could.

From Melissa:

this is an eye opener in many ways. 

i didn't realize how much food made me Happy..  I ate to be happy.  Like waiting for the UPS man or the mail person to come.. It made me feel good. 

I thought about this quite a bit, I see. I am an emotional eater, possibly..  I think because it is something I can control, in terms of knowing, if you eat this, you're going go to feel better... and I think I really can't say if I felt better or i thought I felt better..  and then I would over it it because it was good.  

ya..  I see ... I now am looking at food as nourishment..   I guess I learned that much.. It's not suppose to bring me joy but just enjoy the eating.  

Not sure I can explain what I mean here..  I have to substitute my joy of food for something else..interesting..  

I'll keep thinking on this.  

Big Momma - Thank you for the hugs. I need it. I think Dinner is my hardest meal because I have to get it in before say 7 or I"ll get a flare up of my Gastro intestinal Reflux.       I have to cut out food early.. It's 9 PM and there is no more food passing my lips. Just water.  

I'll see if I wake up hungry tomorrow. 

thanks for the encouraging words you all..   I'll keep paddling..  

I'm here!!  You guys ARE doing great!  If I missed any questions or concerns, by all means, please post them again with my apologies for missing them.... otherwise carry on with your awesome selves!

Yay!  glad you are here, Sugarcube!!  so as you see many of us are suddenly having cravings and also feeling less energy (or still waiting to feel more energy)  Any words of wisdom?   :wub:

• Moderators

Suddenly having cravings and having dips in energy at this stage of the game is usually easily solved by going back to the template... often by this point, we think we have the template down and we stop referring to it... things start to slip and some meals have a woeful amount of veggies, some meals are lacking fat and overall, because this is a relatively new way of eating, meals can get smaller.

I would strongly suggest to all who are feeling this way that you, starting tomorrow, make your meals match the template... really look through the template again (linked in my sig below) and then match 'er up. 1-2 palms of protein. (if you're eating eggs for your sole source of protein, it's as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand without dropping... 3-4 is a good start for most people).

1-3 CUPS of veggies... if you're having starchy veggies, that's a fist sized serving and then 1-3 cups of non starchy. If you're eating salad greens, you need a veritable wheelbarrow full so salad isn't your best bet unless you cram it full of other heartier veggies and then eat it out of a bucket (;)). FAT! 1-2 thumbs of fat if it's a liquid or mayo... 1/2 to a whole avocado... heaping open handfuls of olives, closed fist of nuts (not your best choice). Don't count your cooking fat, it mostly stays in the pan and gets divided by the portions so it's negligible usually.

This is going to be the key to keeping your energy up and reducing cravings...

As far as fruit goes, since its summer, feel free to add fruit into your meals (with a meal, not as a snack/dessert), however don't let fruit push veggies off your plate... and if you're leaning on fruit because you can't have a snickers bar, ditch the fruit for now... don't let it prop up your sugar cravings.

This should help... if you're still having cravings/low energy and you're matching your meals to the template, feel free to post a few days here of what you've been eating and we can see where we can tweak things...

Keep going guys!!!

Thanks sugarcube!! Yeah today I had a bigger breakfast and I had way less cravings today! I think yesterday I didn't eat enough food. I think I'm afraid of over-eating because I do want to lose weight, but I realize I need to eathe big meals and really follow the template. I usually only eat 1/4 of an avocado as my fat because the avocados I bought are HUGE! I had small ones before and I was eating 1/2. Is it okay to use avocado for my fat for all 3 meals? I really love avocado!

• Moderators

Hey Earoti!

The trick of weightloss is to convince your body that you're not about to starve it... calorie restriction doesn't work, in fact it does the opposite... it tells your body to hold on to everything it can get because famine is coming... your metabolism slows down and you store every bit of everything you put into your mouth. By eating template meals 3 times a day and honoring your body's need for food, you're telling it that it's safe and okay to let weight go...

Avocados are okay to eat at every meal! If eating a quarter of a huge one is sufficient in a template meal to get you 4-5 hours between meals without insane cravings and energy drops, then carry on... if you're struggling, add that extra quarter and eat a half of one and see how that works...

Day 15! Yay!

I'm feeling good, some more energy, I *think* my eczema is a bit better. Not drastic changes, but changes. My pants have only gotten a tiny bit looser, but that is OK, I'm setting myself up for long term here. My joint pain is not gone but it is reduced quite a bit. I was hopeful it would be gone by now but I'll take reduced and expect it will go away completely by day 30.

Breakfast, hmmm, not really hungry yet, probably hard boiled eggs, avocado, and whatever veggie I find out there.

Lunch, Asian beef leftovers with spring mix and pear. I'm loving spring mix with thinly sliced fruit and the pantry vinaigrette.

Dinner, leftover salmon cakes and asparagus.

Hey, a no cook day! I still don't enjoy being in the kitchen but I'm getting better at it.

We are doing this! Today marks the halfway point. Hang in there everyone! I'm doing this one day at a time because 30, or even 15, days seems daunting. I can handle one day at a time.

Good Morning All!  Thanks for the info Sugercube, I will try to eat a template breakfast.  It's just a lot of food and 2 puppies first thing in the morning.  I will say that unless I work late, I don't eat a thing after 7.  I used to be so tired in the early evening and I would scavenge around the house looking for something.  Now I am not so tired and I am doing more.  The cravings that I have are much later in the evening and they are different.  They are for a specific thing, not just anything.  It's like I'm pregnant (not possible). 

I hope everyone has a great day!  Halfway there!

Happy Day 15 Everyone - we are Halfway there (keep hearing Bon Jovi song in my head), 

Having a really low energy morning, just can't seem to wake up. Last evening I had a small handful of nuts with dinner that I threw into my salad. It's the only thing I can think of that I did different. 

Going to go take a walk and see if I can shake this feeling. 

Have a great day everyone!

Archived