Starting June 1st - First Whole30

JennSeitzer

Congrats to everyone who has finished there whole 30 today!! This is my third time around and I can honestly say this has been one of the most active and helpful threads I have ever been a part of. Looking forward to hearing about continued progress and the weight check ins that some of us are very excited to do. 

It's been a pleasure to take this journey with all of you!!!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG...We did it!!!!  I did the 5K training too!  Then to top it off my husband and son wanted pizza so I went to the neighborhood Italian restaurant and looked at their menu.  I asked them to make me chicken cacciatore with olive oil and no pasta (their sauce was compliant)...what a treat!

Congrats to us all!!!!

I hope to see you on Tigers and Turtles!

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!! You have reached the finish line and you deserve a big celebratory HIP HIP HOO-RAY!!! Now you get to focus on reintroduction and learn a whole heckuva lot about what your body likes and doesn't like (despite what your brain tells you it wants). My advice is to keep detailed notes during the reintroduction phase... I can't tell you how many times I returned to my little notebook in the months following my first Whole30 last Summer. It was soooo helpful as I continued to adjust my eating style and settle into a sustainable, workable habit pattern.

As a third-timer through this program, I just want to encourage you all to do another Whole30 at some point in the future... I have done 3 in the past year, and have learned new things and continued to benefit in unexpected ways each time. For me, it took these past 12 months to fully entrain whole-eating habits and step further and further away from the sugar monster that used to taunt me. I now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this eating lifestyle feels the best for my body (with a few additions that I seem to tolerate well like yogurt and oats). Know this: 30 days is a FANTASTIC start, and yet it is not really long enough to change a lifetime of habits, nor for the body to heal deeply rooted imbalances... so if you hit bumps in the road during reintroduction, or slip back into old habits, return here and "start again"... just keep on keep in' on, in a way that works for you, and continue to take control of your health, your life, and your future!

WOOT WOOT!! Whole30 June 2016!! YOU ROCKED!!!

... My friends think I'm crazy for considering staying on this for life! (Not strict whole30, but close), but you don't really understand until you've tried this! ...

Exactly!

Happy day 30!!!! This has been such a fantastic experience for me, and I have really appreciated the support of this group on this journey. I absolutely vote YES to a reintroduction group, and would be happy to start one, but I can't think of a good name for the life of me. I can't get Turtle and Tigers out of my head! Someone please come up with something better!

So, you guys. Today was brutiful (for those of you who are fans of Momastery). A very dear friend found out that her cancer has spread and she is now in stage 4. The last MRI had looked really good, so this is pretty devastating. I had a hectic day at work, so I felt like I really didn't even have time to process this until I got home, and once I got home my first thought was "F it. I'm going to have a glass of wine." Because it's day 30, which means it's almost over, which means it's not even really cheating, and who cares anyways?

Turns out? I care. First, I made a promise to myself, and I'm going to keep it. Second, these last 30 days have really shown me that what I put in my body counts, and I truly like the way I have been feeling. I like it even better than a glass of wine on a really crappy day. Which is something I didn't think I would EVER say.

So here's to us! Keep on fighting the good fight!

Good Morning, well until we decide I guess it's ok to post our success here. So in addition to all the NSV's that I have previously mentioned I am 11 pounds down this morning. Not in a hurry to add back any food groups but I did have my fruits and veggies in the form of a green smoothie this morning - i missed my green smoothies  - 

JT - so very sorry to hear about your friend - Cancer Sucks! Sending prayers. Kudos to staying strong and not having that wine!!  Thats Hugh!!

Happy Friday all!

I love the name June Bugs 2016 Pressing On! SO great tytbody!!!!! I vote that one! As well as a million NSVs I lost 8 lbs!!!! That's two lbs a week! I'm definitely keeping at this! Today my husband and i are getting massages and then sharing a nice bottle of wine to celebrate :-)

I love the name June Bugs 2016 Pressing On! SO great tytbody!!!!! I vote that one! As well as a million NSVs I lost 8 lbs!!!! That's two lbs a week! I'm definitely keeping at this! Today my husband and i are getting massages and then sharing a nice bottle of wine to celebrate :-)

Wow. that is TERRIFIC. NOW I Kinda wish I did scale myself.   but I know, there is no other way to eat for me either..   if I have the occasional , candy, I won't stress about it..  cause I know, i'm not addicted..  

when I think about some things I've not been eating, I'm okay with it.  it feels good to feel much better in my stomach..  but there is still the mystery as to which food group, causes the problems..    

Sounds like a great time with your husband to celebrate. that's one of the ways we are to Celebrate and not with food because... blah blah..  

I saw one lady on youtube who celebrated with a new Hair cut.  I thought now there you go.. 

Glad you liked one of the names:)   lets see if anyone else weighs in :) 

I don't know what Monastery is off to goggle I go. 

Have to add to the challenges survived - Days 28 - 29. Camping with Girl Scout troop. With s'mores. Managed!

Oh! I just found the re-introduction section.

Wanted to add that one of the best things that happened during my Whole 30 was attending a party on Day 5 during which an exquisite chocolate cake was served, as well as cupcakes. It was hard, but I managed to get through it. That success - passing up that beautiful cake! - has been a touchstone for me through several other challenges this month: Attending a conference where everyone was served a piece of cake with the meal. Two retirement-related events - one at a restaurant and the other an in-house work party - where I managed to stay Whole 30 compliant. And an overnight work trip with a hotel stay and catered lunch. (Brought some of my own food and was able to stay compliant with other food that was offered). Anytime I might have been tempted to have a sugar dessert - I went back, in my mind, to that cake I had passed up on Day 5. And I knew, whatever was being offered wasn't nearly going to be as good as that cake would have been. And if I didn't go off-plan for that cake, I sure as heck wasn't going off plan for something that didn't look half as good!

Anyway - just had to share. See you on the 31+ forum!

Hello!

I haven't had time to log in between master's classes and checking in with my dad after his heart attack. I am so thankful to read all your amazing posts! I'm so proud of each and every one of you!

I haven't left whole30, in fact, I'm on my 2nd round, and will continue. I lost 10 pounds in the month of June following the Whole30 and 15 inches. My thyroid's not feeling inflamed so I don't have to visit the doctor, just yet. I have an appointment in August, so crossing fingers for positive results. My dad has been through the proverbial wringer with healing from his heart attack, but he's home and enduring the over-protective family. :) Despite all the craziness of life, I'm even more thankful that Whole 30 has been a life way of eating that's helped me in so many ways. 

Onward!

I don't call it over protective . I call it healing love that is needed. This will make him feel much better have more reason to want to get better and be patient. I know he already knows this, patience.  He's a dad.. ;)

glad this program has helped in more ways then just food for you. 

Well, today, I also am taking the plunge with my rice. cooked in coconut milk and teaspoon coconut oil. strawberries, guava and non-sweetened or HFC applesauce. and left over pork chop..    It's going to be good. :)

so happy for everyone... ;)

MODERATOR EDIT: this person has completed their Whole30 and is in process of reintroductions therefore this post may contain references to off-plan items such as rice.

Well, today, I also am taking the plunge with my rice. cooked in coconut milk and teaspoon coconut oil. strawberries, guava and non-sweetened or HFC applesauce. and left over pork chop.. It's going to be good. :)

Wow, that rice sounds good, tybody! Hope your body tolerates it well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I don't call it over protective . I call it healing love that is needed. This will make him feel much better have more reason to want to get better and be patient. I know he already knows this, patience.  He's a dad.. ;)

glad this program has helped in more ways then just food for you. 

Well, today, I also am taking the plunge with my rice. cooked in coconut milk and teaspoon coconut oil. strawberries, guava and non-sweetened or HFC applesauce. and left over pork chop..    It's going to be good. :)

MODERATOR EDIT: this person has completed their Whole30 and is in process of reintroductions therefore this post may contain references to off-plan items such as rice.

Hi there,

Just some general forum business: please contain discussion of reintroductions to the Whole30 Reintroductions portion of the forum. We don't want discussions of off-plan items to muddy the waters for those coming along and maybe not realizing that you are actually done your Whole30. I have edited your original post to be clear.

Archived