Starting June 1st - First Whole30

JennSeitzer

Yeah, people either love or hate sauerkraut.  I'm the only one that eats it and they all run out of the room at the smell!  LOL It admittedly has a noxious smell, but tastes so darn good!

I have to say, the mayo in the guac does beautifully.

I've never used the barcode on that app.  Actually didn't know it had that on it!  LOL  SMH

well come on up to Buy Me A Pie . no bar codes but the fact I can write something on the computer and it gets on the phone..   they all sync up...  No more worry about a piece of a paper or a grocery list. you can put any kind of list on it you want... 

I"m done eating for the night.. Just Lacroix and some Kombucha to fill me up. 

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, this is sad. I did not know what Lacroix water was. So I just looked it up. I am now thinking of in fusing my water with different fruit flavors and putting in the soda stream for sparkling. Hmmm... Off to find soda stream and canister...

hey big momma. I'm not a coffee drinker and the thought of putting Ghee in there made me think, hum would it taste good..lol..  but I'll stay away from it..  don't want to bring that habit in for later on for me..   I'll stick with LaCroix and water. 

thank you BigMomma 

Yeah, the thought of ghee in my coffee turns my stomach, if it works for others then great!  I'll just stick with black coffee.

OK, this is sad. I did not know what Lacroix water was. So I just looked it up. I am now thinking of in fusing my water with different fruit flavors and putting in the soda stream for sparkling. Hmmm... Off to find soda stream and canister...

lol  they are really good..  what can you soda screen in there without sweetener?  

lol  they are really good..  what can you soda screen in there without sweetener?  

Well, the fruit would be the naturally sweet flavor of it.  At least that's what I'm thinking.  Will give it a try when I get my kitchen ship shape.  Since my last post I got about 1.5 gallons of sauerkraut brewing.  LOL  It looks like a bomb went off in here.

did anyones Whole 30 daily do anything for you today? 

Yes...it said to take a nap, so I did!  lol  I was off today.  No really, I like reading the in the morning when I wake up.  It reminds me of why I am doing this and what to expect.  So if it says I could be Mrs. Crankypants I can let my family and co-workers know. 

I am new to this forum thing so sorry for not hitting the quote!  And I love Lacroix water, we used to sell it where I work and now we don't anymore.  I have to find somewhere else to get it from.

Another thing I like is just still water with a fruit/herb/or even tea infusion.  My friend bought me this bottle that has a plastic ball inside you can fill with whatever and it is a lot of fun to come up with combinations.  La Croix  though is what turned me on to W30 in a way.  A blogger that I follow had a post over a year ago about this diet she had tried that she felt really worked for her, but what caught my eye was the photo with the post that showed a grocery cart piled with nothing but cases of La Croix.  My initial thought was...well what the heck?!  Of course a diet of nothing but unsweetened sparkling water would probably work, for a while, so to speak, but has she lost her mind?  It was enough to make me follow the link to read more about the diet and I soon realized it wasn't anything like what I had initially thought and I was seriously intrigued. 

Still makes me laugh to see my own cart if I've run really low on too many flavors at once.  I get it Elsie, I get it now. 

Anyway, I also want to try something with the old SodaStream I used like once or twice before even my Pre-Whole30 self was horrified at the amounts of sugar I had to add to recreate what I thought fresh strawberry soda should taste like.  I'm more tempted to try some herbal things in mine though, like mint...but even more so now because over the weekend I was planting up my garden and one of the herbs I bought is a Pineapple Sage which I am over the moon for.  OMG.  The scent....I just can't.  I was actually looking at methods of creating my own essential oils because I so desperately want a linen spray now with that same scent.  Looks more complicated and dicey than I have time for though, which made me sad.  Still I'm totally going to be playing with that this summer in all kinds of dishes.  Probably starting with a riff on Chicken Saltimbocca, but I also want to come up with a salad dressing I think for sure, and who knows what else. 

Look out for the mad scientists in the kitchen!

Also, it sounds like there are a few of us who might typically skip meals or live with being hungry for hours on end... I think part of my less-than-successful first attempt was that I simply wasn't eating enough

Christine I think that is an excellent point - I totally agree. I'm pretty good at planning dinner, but breakfast and lunch are either on the fly or skipped entirely. Which results in my being famished and then making less than stellar food choices. I think I am so conditioned at this point to try to eat "less" that filling up at mealtime feels weird, you know? But I think you are spot on and I need to 1) plan ALL my meals, and 2) eat more. Thanks for pointing that out!

Hi Gonegirl and welcome! I make my own sauerkraut, as well as other lactofermented goodies. One of my favorites is dilled carrots - just a bunch of carrot sticks in a jar with a bit of dill, a little salt, and about a tablespoon of whey if I have it. 2-3 days on the counter and it is perfect! If you like carrots, give it a try!

Hi Gonegirl and welcome! I make my own sauerkraut, as well as other lactofermented goodies. One of my favorites is dilled carrots - just a bunch of carrot sticks in a jar with a bit of dill, a little salt, and about a tablespoon of whey if I have it. 2-3 days on the counter and it is perfect! If you like carrots, give it a try!

I've been wanting to do carrots.  I actually shred carrots and put in my sauerkraut for color as well as taste and texture.  So when you put the carrots in with the small amount of whey, there is no liquid covering the carrots?  I like using whey for my kraut as it speeds up the process so much and helps prevent contaminants. Appreciate your input!

Another thing I like is just still water with a fruit/herb/or even tea infusion.  My friend bought me this bottle that has a plastic ball inside you can fill with whatever and it is a lot of fun to come up with combinations.  La Croix  though is what turned me on to W30 in a way.  A blogger that I follow had a post over a year ago about this diet she had tried that she felt really worked for her, but what caught my eye was the photo with the post that showed a grocery cart piled with nothing but cases of La Croix.  My initial thought was...well what the heck?!  Of course a diet of nothing but unsweetened sparkling water would probably work, for a while, so to speak, but has she lost her mind?  It was enough to make me follow the link to read more about the diet and I soon realized it wasn't anything like what I had initially thought and I was seriously intrigued. 

Still makes me laugh to see my own cart if I've run really low on too many flavors at once.  I get it Elsie, I get it now. 

Anyway, I also want to try something with the old SodaStream I used like once or twice before even my Pre-Whole30 self was horrified at the amounts of sugar I had to add to recreate what I thought fresh strawberry soda should taste like.  I'm more tempted to try some herbal things in mine though, like mint...but even more so now because over the weekend I was planting up my garden and one of the herbs I bought is a Pineapple Sage which I am over the moon for.  OMG.  The scent....I just can't.  I was actually looking at methods of creating my own essential oils because I so desperately want a linen spray now with that same scent.  Looks more complicated and dicey than I have time for though, which made me sad.  Still I'm totally going to be playing with that this summer in all kinds of dishes.  Probably starting with a riff on Chicken Saltimbocca, but I also want to come up with a salad dressing I think for sure, and who knows what else. 

Look out for the mad scientists in the kitchen!

I do have an infuser bottle that I frequently put fruit into and let it flavor the water.  Was thinking of taking that water and adding the fizz to and see how it turns out. Some herbal stuff would be very interesting to try!

I made it through day 3...Yipee!!!

Yesterday I ate:

B. Scrambled eggs with ghee and raspberries.

L. A big salad with turkey and light olive oil and vinegar.

D. Baked chicken with Italian Seasoning, baked potato with ghee and an avocado.

For a snack I had natural cashews (Couldn't get roasted because they had something on the "no fly list" which blew my mind.)

The family had pizza for dinner and I was good while they were eating it.  The smell didn't even bother me or cause me any cravings.  I have to say that I am proud of myself.  It is harder for me when I am home with any type of meal plan or diet.  I work today so I will be very busy so that helps.

I hope everyone has a great Day 4!

Happy Day 4 Everyone! 

Wow, busy thread yesterday. Love it and everyone's enthusiasm. I am sensing that the majority of us are doing well and already learning great things about ourselves. I had a great day yesterday and feel rested and energized this morning. Doing some real planning now so I can hit the grocery store and start adding a little more variety. I tend to repeat a lot of my meals which works for a while but gets boring quick. 

I'm going to attempt to shout out to all who have been active - if I miss anyone it's not personal just me doing the best I can lol

MumDee – sorry you were having a rough day hope it gets better. I echo JT make sure you are hydrated it really helps

Christine – great NSV and attitude toward food. I tell myself to focus on the delicious foods I am eating instead of missing the junk I’m not. Enjoyed the article thanks for sharing.

Gonegirl – Welcome,welcome welcome! I love your honesty and determination. Your enthusiasm has already inspired me to kick it up a notch. Nurses are very special in my eyes, I never would have made it thru the past 8 months were it not for the nurses!! And a garden, chickens and cows OH MY, I am jealous.  As for sauerkraut I do love it, but never thought to have it other than on a Hot dog. Thanks for giving me an idea for a great side dish with my pork loin tomorrow night.

Tytbody – Sorry for your loss, but good “quick fix” to keep you on track. As far as adding fat I use Olives, nuts, seeds, and sometimes even coconut (all compliant of course) and in the recommended amounts. Sugarcube has a quick link to the template on every one of her posts.

BigMamma – I don’t think I would like Ghee in my coffee, but I love coconut oil as long as I whip it with the imulsion blender. Yummy!

Crimsann – You go Mad Scientist and just share any great recipes you come up with!! Im going out to buy a water infuser today love that idea!

JTCarlson - Thats what these boards are all about I love what I learn about myself from reading everyone else's posts. 

Happy Saturday All, 

Yes...it said to take a nap, so I did!  lol  I was off today.  No really, I like reading the in the morning when I wake up.  It reminds me of why I am doing this and what to expect.  So if it says I could be Mrs. Crankypants I can let my family and co-workers know. 

I am new to this forum thing so sorry for not hitting the quote!  And I love Lacroix water, we used to sell it where I work and now we don't anymore.  I have to find somewhere else to get it from.

If you don't mind the wait get it from Walmart. Only 3.99. /12

I thought we can't eat whey ?

I made it through day 3...Yipee!!!

Yesterday I ate:

B. Scrambled eggs with ghee and raspberries.

L. A big salad with turkey and light olive oil and vinegar.

D. Baked chicken with Italian Seasoning, baked potato with ghee and an avocado.

For a snack I had natural cashews (Couldn't get roasted because they had something on the "no fly list" which blew my mind.)

The family had pizza for dinner and I was good while they were eating it.  The smell didn't even bother me or cause me any cravings.  I have to say that I am proud of myself.  It is harder for me when I am home with any type of meal plan or diet.  I work today so I will be very busy so that helps.

Your meals sound good and I know you are thrille.

To pass on that pizza Is something I'm not looking forward to. Lol.

I hope everyone has a great Day 4!

Big momma. My reply got mixed up in the quote. Sorry about that. Now I know keep out of those brackets

I saw I was typing before the last sentence bu didn't think it would do that, Lol. Got it now,

Next to learn how to do multiple quotes in one post.

Okay after reading, my morning newspaper is this forum.

Glad it's active.

I ate too many almonds yesterday , ya , the whole bag and I'm not talking travel size.

I couldn't believe a lot of the mixes I. Whole foods had oil in them. Since I wasn't sure which oil I skipped the mixes

I like them better when I make myself and I get much more per ounce.

Today, I made the frittata . Ya I was a bit worried about those tomato on my eggs but my mother use to make Mac and cheese with tomatoes and I wouldn't eat that. But I love a western omelet .

I did the sauté on in in th pan with ghee. Then added the spinach. Sautéed that. Added the lemon juice and salt

Next I had a small Corning ware bowl that as not deep and I manage to flop that baby in there. Nit broke a little but I'm a first time frittata maker

Cooke for 3 minutes on broil and man oh man. Yes. IMHO it was good. I will be revisiting Frittata tomorrow

I also put some ghee on it and had some strawberries because they wer inlu 1.99 a pint and red and delicious

Archived