Looking for a post-partum Whole30 buddy!

Hi! My son was born in February (I completed a Whole30 during my seventh month of pregnancy), and I'm looking to do a post-partum Whole30! Is there anyone who's in a similar situation, or maybe someone wanting to start a June 1st Whole30, who would like to be my buddy?

I'd really like to work with someone who's willing to communicate via email and potentially even by text. It'd just be nice to have another mom to work with. My husband is on board for Whole30, and he's a very supportive husband and new father, but I'm looking for the support of someone else who understands the struggles of being a new mom.

Thanks!

Erin

[email protected]

Hi :)

I'm starting my very first w30 tomorrow (23rd may). I'm a mum of 2 - I have a 3yr old little boy and my daughter is 8 weeks and breastfed. I'm feeling nervous but excited about starting! I'm in the UK and obviously don't have any experience of doing the w30 before but would be happy to support and chat :). Thankfully my husband is very supportive as well (in fact he's benefit from doing it too but don't think he would be up for that right now!).

Abby x

Abby, I would love to be Whole30 buddies! It'll be nice for me to have a partner who has an older child as well, because I'm knew to parenting and I'll take all the advice I can get!

Since you're so far away, texting isn't an option but are you willing to communicate by email? I'd just rather correspond in a space that isn't public, and it's easier to access my email then to return to the forum daily. What do you think?

Thanks for your response!

Erin

[email protected]

I was gonna start June 1 but adjusting to a newborn and trying to do my first w30 is a little more than I can chew right now. :-/ I'm still trying to follow the template as much as possible so that when I do start it, it'll not be as drastic of a change :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am a mom of four kids (8, 5, 3, & 6 months) with the youngest having just been born in November of last year.  I am currently breastfeeding, working out a ton, and starting a Whole30 June 1.  I am an American military spouse, living in Japan.  My husband is deployed so it's just me and the kids.  This is not my first Whole30 but I fell off the wagon HARD during this last pregnancy.  I was also on bedrest, so that didn't help.  I am excited to loose all of this baby weight, but more importantly to feel amazing and capable again. I would love to be buddies and help in any way I can.  

-Rachel

I was gonna start June 1 but adjusting to a newborn and trying to do my first w30 is a little more than I can chew right now. :-/ I'm still trying to follow the template as much as possible so that when I do start it, it'll not be as drastic of a change :)

Good for you momma!  The postpartum period is hard, I don't care how many kids you have.  Just keep making those healthy choices and setting great examples for your kids.  

Good for you momma! The postpartum period is hard, I don't care how many kids you have. Just keep making those healthy choices and setting great examples for your kids.

My daughter was in the NICU for almost 2 weeks and my newborn wasn't so getting adjusted to the lack of sleep is a lot lol but he's adorable and thus gets a free pass… for now ;) eventually he'll sleep when we do.

• 1 month later...

Hi, ladies! I haven't checked back in a while. I got swept up in returning to work with an infant at home. Abby and I managed to keep in touch throughout our Whole30s, which ended June 30th.

I felt great during my W30, but I have to be honest and say that I've already resume some bad habits. The sugar dragon seems to have quite the hold on me, and I'm coming to the realization that I rely on dried mango and sweet plantain chips to satisfy my sugar cravings during W30. Thus, I'm planning to embark on a Whole100 to kill the sugar dragon once and for all!

I've done some Google and Instagram searches of people who've completed a Whole100, and everyone who has done an extended Whole30 reports that the longer program really helps to kill old, bad habits.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Erin

Archived