Would you Look at this? Just look at it.

I mean seriously. 4 steps (I counted) behind my disk sits all this - - Box of Donuts, bag of peanuts, box of cookies, bag of chips, and if you look in the distance you will see granola bars in the basket, coke bottle, and M&M's in a candy dispenser too. My office is right next to the community junk-food table. I am not tempted by any means, but I do shake my head in disbelief at this point. I think it is funny and wanted to share.

Hopefully I didn't tempt anybody to do anything OFF their plan by the picture! I would never forgive myself. :)

post-955-0-29497900-1336152014_thumb.jpg

These things are everywhere! I am home right now, but I bet when I go to work next week I can count on someone bringing in a homemade baked good and sitting it right on the break table. With a knife. And plates.

I am tempted every single day at work. I'm a nanny and the house is always filled with baked goods, candy, sodas. It's not my house, so I can't get rid of the junk, however, I feel less tempted now that I have reached day 7 of my whole30. I just think about how sick I will feel after eating any of that stuff and how disappointed I will be in myself! And of course, I think about all of the people here on the forum, I look forward to posting my meals at the end of each day, and I don't want to fail, I want to be a great example of success during a whole30. :)

I kind of snapped at the lady at Walgreens the other day. I was already grumpy and the line was taking forever because of some issue with the person in front of me, which of course meant I was just staring down the candy the whole time. I averted my eyes as much as I could, but I was literally having an interanal conversation about how NO I do NOT want that candy even though I FEEL like I want it right now, etc. I finally got up to the line to checkout and during checkout she says, "Would you like any candy today?" I snapped back, "NO!" She sort of reeled back and said, "Okaaaaayyy then." I felt a little bad but my GOD. It's bad enough that it's everywhere, we don't need people throwing it at us too.

Luckily my workplace isn't too bad, except for friday when they have their "treat day" and get pizza and cookies or ice cream or something. And *I* own the company! :) But the GM instituted that when I was on a business trip so there's no way I'm going to be the mean owner that takes it away from them. I just heat up my chicken and veggies and say "no thank you."

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a fire call last night and had to stay at the station till late evening. Didn't get to eat till I got home at 20:00. I did get to watch a pizza with the works disappear in front of me while other FF's ate it.

I can appreciate that, Farback! Nice willpower you had! I guess I'll think of it like this - - - what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger. But really, can't they just buy ONE freakin' bag instead of 4?! :)

Luckily the place I work at currently doesn't have those things, although yesterday one of our Captains received a cake in the mail from his mom and it looked so good. It looked like some sort of brownie with fudge concoction. Everyone seemed to be getting a piece, two sometimes, but I'll survive. Going to chow is what can really temp me, they have their own special dessert section with like 3 types of cookies, 5 types of cakes, and ice cream. Doesn't help that my co-workers make daily trips to get something from there while we eat. Luckily I can have my dessert in the form of a fruit.

Archived