I am afraid I'm going to start crying at work!

RedG

I believe I am starting to become Bi-Polar!

I was completely manic and happy this morning. So proud of myself getting to day 4. Then I had a big disapointment at lunch and felt like crying right in front of my entire office. I am barely holding it together. I would usually go get a large creamy sugary coffee drink right now...but instead I am eating salad and typing this. I am just sooo weepy! I don't know if I will last the rest of the day at work without crying.

This is very unlike me - I'm usually a happy go lucky, super optimist, it will all work out, type of person.

Any suggestions other than deep breathing!

Deep breathing sounds good... plus maybe hanging out with a friend or cool people at work? Something light to take your mind of things? Watch a funny movie?

I don't know if this will help, but keep it mind that these emotions likely have a lot to do with the hormonal changes going on in your body and not much to do with you, personally (does that make sense)?

Yes the mood swings do get crazy in the begining. I am an emotional person to begin with so it did become a bit of a roller coaster. But hang in there it will get better. Coconut butter became my mood stabilizer. But it took me a bit to give into it. But as soon as I did, the balance did come.

I lost it the first time when my mom nagged me to eat the strawberries that I had bought before they spoiled. I remember just feeling so overwhelmed. Logical? No. But it passed.

Thank you for the encouragement and the suggestions! I ate an avacoado - the whole thing! That did help, and it helped me from eating cake at the promotion party.

The idea of having coconut oil or some other fat handy sounds great...I will look back through the list of approved fats again.

I'm still feeling very low - but am at least a bit more hopeful now that I'll make it out of the office without being too embarrased.

Thanks!

Archived