Tanis' Whole30+

tanis

I started my whole30 journey on September 3rd, so I'm technically on day 32.

My last 30 days I really tried to just focus on what I was eating and making sure I got the food part of the program down. I've been totally compliant, but I still haven't got that "awesome" feeling yet. The last 1-2 weeks I've been tired and have just not felt that great. I also haven't really seen any changes in the way my clothes are fitting, I weighed and measured myself yesterday (the end of 30 days) and I had lost 5 pounds and an inch in my waist, but all my other measuements either stayed the same or went up. I'm not giving up... I'm continuing on and now that I am comfortable with the food part, I'm going to start focusing on tweaking it a little to give me the results I want and focus on getting some activity in.

Goals for my 2nd 30 days:

First 2 weeks - walk 3 times a week

2nd 2 weeks - do C25K 3 times a week

Limit fruit to 3 times a week

I will start with day 31:

Breakfast: 1/2 banana, curry pork (recipe from NomNom Paleo)

Lunch: Chipotle carnitas salad with pico and guacamole

Dinner: Thai Beef stew (made with pork) (recipe from NomNom Paleo)

Day 32:

Food:

Breakfast: curry pork

Snack: Apple and almond butter

Lunch: Thai Beef stew (made with pork) (recipe from NomNom Paleo)

Afternoon: coffee with 1/2c coconut milk

Dinner: Grilled flank steak and roasted veggies

Activity: Walked 45 minutes

Sleep: 8 hours

Day 33:

Breakfast: coffee with coconut milk, Thai stew made with pork

Lunch: salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, 1 hard boiled egg (I had to get lunch from the cafeteria at work, I bought a couple hard boiled eggs, but the other one wasn't cooked all the way)

Dinner: hamburger patty, tomato, pickle, sweet potato fries

Today I don't feel like I ate enough, but I'm actually not hungry.

This weekend I have a road trip, I'm driving about 2000 miles tomorrow and Sunday. I just cooked a whole bunch of chicken drumsticks, I've got some carrots, roasted butternut squash, grapes, sweet potato fries and some guacamole packs already to go for the trip. Now I'm off to bed so I can at least get about 7 hours of sleep before I have to get up and go.

Archived