Three days in

pistolabella

My third attempt at a Whole 30. The first two times, I was admittedly only half-in and gave up after five and then four days. This time, I started with a gumption and determination to do this for myself, but still with some self doubt and wondering if I could and would really push myself. My weight is its highest, My fitness at its lowest, my anxiety at its worst, and sleep and blood pressure suffering due to all of the above. On top of that, I'm getting married in three months and I realized I owe it to myself to feel my best on my wedding day, and drinking too much, sleeping too little and stressing my days away won't get me there. today, my third day got tough. My elderly cat is acting ill, my grandmother was admitted to the hospital, my car was broken into and a slew of wedding- planning stressors appeared, all over the course of this evening on top of, well, PMS. I nearly burned dinner and luckily my sweet fiancé took over and finished the meal, keeping it compliant and making sure I ate. While I sat down to unwind I wanted so badly to reach for the bread basket and say "screw it" ; to mix a cocktail and take a bath without eating. But something in me was. absolutely committed and I made it through the other side of the evening staying totally on plan and not giving in. I feel so tied to this commitment I've made to myself and for the first time I feel like accomplishing the thirty days really is a non-negotiable must. I am proud of myself for sticking through a hard day and that itself is a success to me three days in

HIGH FIVE!  You were certainly faced with a lot of challenges, it would have been easier to take the comfort path, good for you for staying true to yourself and allowing yourself to grow through it. 

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, a happy marriage is such a blessing. 

Archived