Moody after dairy reintro, side effect or unrelated?

jenmidge

I have been following reintro plan and yesterday was dairy. Plain yogurt with berries with M1, parmesan sprinkled over salad at M2 and soft blue cheese with chicken salad for M3. Didn't experience any tummy or other problems yesterday which was a surprise frankly. Slept in late this morning but have still felt tired most of the day and my mood is  :angry: ...not nice. Also have a bit of headache. At first I didn't relate it to what I've eaten but then remembered that my mood improved during W30 so I figured it could also have deteriorated due to food. I've generally been eating a portion or more of root veg per day so don't think it's that.

Has anyone else experienced irritability during reintro's? 

• Moderators

Dairy is a real SOB and it is definitely possible that your  mood is directly related.  The best bet is to go back to whole30 until you feel as good as you did when you started re-intros and then try dairy again... potentially try other dairy items outside of cheese and see if it's better, worse or non existent... if non existent, then try the cheese again and see what happens... it's basically a science experiment with you as the subject but yes, food CAN absolutely cause more distress than just a tummy ache.

Archived