Taziki Has Yogurt

ScottKR

Just a word warning at Mediterranean restaurants. I was on Day 11 and went to one for lunch. I asked for some lamb and a side salad with no rice and no naan. They did the opposite and I spent my lunch time picking through the dish and scraping bits of rice off my potatoes and lamb. Why I didn't take it back, I don't know. I ate most of the side salad and left. The salad had taziki on it and I didn't worry. Then it hit me 15 minutes later, taziki has yogurt in it. I called the restaurant and confirmed it. Just remember that tazaiki does have yogurt. Now I'm debating whether to start over or not. I really can't start over as I was doing it now due to scheduling.  

Proper traditional greek tzatziki is made of only yoghurt as the base - first time I ever heard of it being made otherwise was on these forums.

Dairy is a pretty big gut disruptor. Many folk don't notice just how much initially at reintros, but it can have a kind of creeping effect the more of it you eat over the long term. If it were me I'd be starting over for sure.

Have a read at >this article< and let us know what you decide bearing in mind that although you may feel no effect today it *could* skew your results...

Thanks for posting the article, I had actually initially read it. I'm considering moving forward without restarting, but actually staying off the dairy an extra 11 days beyond the end of my Whole 30 period. I could actually do without the dairy much longer.  The next best time for me start restart would not be until mid-September. I really don't want to wait that long over less than an ounce of yogurt. 

Archived