Subway rotisserie chicken

pipes

Ok, I have searched for a while online.  I cannot find ingredients to this.  Seasoning? 

I know the chicken breast is out...but you can tell that by tasting it.  My daughter loves to eat it by itself, and one day I had a bite of hers without anything else and I thought,'wow, what is this?'

But the rotisserie just tastes and feels like real chicken.  Can anyone find ingredients?

• Moderators

Go to Subway's website and on Nutrition page (here), over to the right they have downloadable pdf files, including a Product Ingredients Guide -- that's the one you want to check to see what's in each item. Here's the entry for the rotisserie chicken:

ROTISSERIE-STYLE CHICKEN White meat chicken, water, soybean oil, seasoning (chicken broth

powder, chicken powder, onion powder, natural flavor), salt, sunflower oil, dextrose, sodium phosphate,

rotisserie chicken flavor (chicken broth, chicken skins, salt, natural flavor, xanthan gum, maltodextin,

gum arabic), spice extractives.

So, no, it's not compliant.

They add it so chicken can taste like chicken! Kinda like how grape candy tastes like grapes, right? Our palates expect flavored and flavor explosions that light up our taste buds.

But omg added rotisserie flavor. Another new one for me!

• 2 weeks later...

They add it so chicken can taste like chicken! Kinda like how grape candy tastes like grapes, right? Our palates expect flavored and flavor explosions that light up our taste buds.

But omg added rotisserie flavor. Another new one for me!

I have to say, I've never had grape candy that tasted like grapes. It tasted...purple. But it was definitely a flavor explosion. And when we light up our tastebuds, we light up the dopamine reward centers in our brain. THAT'S why the added flavors. So we keep buying it.

Archived