I went to the gym today!

TryingOver

I started Whole30 because I've been battling severe fatigue for many months now and my doctor ruled out most physiological causes. We were at the point where my doctor informed me that my diagnosis was likely going to be chronic fatigue syndrome and since (due to other medical issues) I can't take the medications for CFS I would have to see a psychiatrist. 

My fatigue was extreme. I woke up, pulled on clothes, went to work (no breakfast or a meal shake because I didn't have the energy to cook), worked (because I'm the sole source of income and have no choice), got home and climbed into bed. Lunch was either a meal shake or a sandwich from a deli by my office (again, no energy to cook or pack a lunch) and I would eat dinner in bed (whatever my husband cooked or ordered). On the weekends, I wouldn't get out of bed. Without my two day rests on the weekend I don't think I could have gone to work during the week. I had tried eating healthfully and starting exercise programs, but the fatigue was too extreme. 

I'm still fighting fatigue and am nowhere near my energy levels before the fatigue started, but today, day 20, (where three weeks ago I would have spent the whole day in bed), I went to the gym and swam laps for 45 minutes. I am sore and tired, but this is a huge NSV for me. This is my first exercise other than walking when required in months. 

Archived