Cub Scout day camp - What's nut free and lasts in the heat?

I am volunteering at Cub Scout camp this week, Tuesday through Thursday. We'll be out in the Texas sun all day and cannot have nuts. Any suggestions for snacks/lunch that'll last in the heat and does not have nuts? Naturally, since nuts are not allowed, everything that comes to my mind has nuts in it!

Thanks!

Here's what I ended up doing, in case anyone is in a similar situation. We had to put our lunches in a gallon sized Ziploc with a frozen bottle of water. Then they put everyone's gallon sized lunch bag, put them in a black garbage bag for each group, and put them all in an ice machine, which functioned as a refrigerator.

So for my own lunch, I took another gallon sized Ziploc and started with salad mix or spinach. One day I had some tomato sauce and stuffed pepper filling with the spinach. The other two days I can't remember exactly, but I think I just put leftover chicken in with it. I packed my TessaMae's salad dressing with it in a little dressing container and put it in with the salad when I was ready to eat it. It was really good and worked well!

It was kind of a fruit-dependent few days too. I had watermelon and berries for snacks, and little oranges. But I stayed compliant, so that's a win, right?!

It was a really, really fun and HOT week, and I feel like I got a ton of exercise too! One day, my Garmin said I walked more than 7 miles!

The sad thing was a lot of the kids were overweight, seemingly out of shape, and reluctant to walk much. So I felt glad to be setting this good example for my own kiddos. 

Archived