Sticking eggs: HELP

Mammamets

I am on day six of my whole 30. I'm really loving it but the one thing that I am starting to get really irritated with pretty much has nothing to do with the way of eating, and all to do with my cooking skill. It seems to me that ever since I started to use ghee to cook my eggs (or olive oil) that it is impossible for me to cook an egg that doesn't stick to the pan. I love love love slick over medium eggs. I've always been really good at cooking them, and in the past I've just used regular butter, or a nonstick pan. I don't want to go back to using either one. If anyone has any cooking tips on this it is much appreciated. Thanks !

A line I always remembered from an old cooking show with Justin Wilson...."Hot Pan, Cold Oil.. food wont stick!"... then he would toss in a "I Garrrr-un-teeee"!!!!!

I have discovered for the most part he was correct!!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a method from America's Test Kitchen: pre-heat the pan on low for a few minutes, add a little oil and turn the heat up to medium, when hot add the ghee and then the egg. The two oil method has helped me with the sticking and gives that buttery taste I like.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived