Frozen lunches (like Lean Cuisine)

ctgraham

Prior to W30, I  had a frozen Lean Cuisine every day for lunch at work. It was very convenient to buy a bunch and keep them in the freezer. And now that I've completed W30, I want to return to some of that convenience, while not returning to a bunch of ingredients that might make me feel crappy. Have you found any frozen meals that meet W30 guidelines? I have access to Trader Joe's. Thoughts? And thanks!!!

I try to always cook extra. I will often make up two or three meals and freeze to have my own frozen meals when time is tight or to take to work.  Soups, curries, and chili work well to freeze and I'm sure others as well. Then if I need more veggies I will also take veggies and some sort of dip to have as a side...

• 2 weeks later...

I make 5 days worth of lunches and breakfast on Saturday or Sunday and keep them in the fridge all week. Easy to reheat and perfect for work. Sometimes I'll do one recipe for breakfast and one recipe for lunch (to keep it easy prep and simple) but I also change it up and do a couple different recipes if I need more variety. This is SO much better than frozen anything at a store, besides frozen veggies I would assume. Some things that I make and put in tupperware are shredded pork loin with cauliflower rice, Paleomg Spaghetti Pizza Casserole, chicken thighs slow cooked in marinara sauce with green olives, chicken sausage and potatoes and peppers, chicken salad on a bed of spinach, etc. Easy stuff that I portion out into 5 containers and the weekdays are a breeze.

I also agree with cooking more in the evening with dinner..I don't do this because I cook for one and it's easier if I just make one portion and be done. 

• 1 year later...

Archived