Starting tomorrow, June 10 ~ I need all the good juju!

jsd19

Well I'm waking up to day 3 here in NZ and I'm feeling pretty darn good. The first day I crashed early in the evening and was in bed by 7.30! (Pretty much as soon as I put my kids to bed). But yesterday was more energetic. Spent the day cooking: put on an oxtail bone broth (which is still quietly cooking away) made a shepherds pie for Monday night as the kids have sport and it's winter here so we'll come home tired, cold and hungry and I want to just have something to shove in the oven. Today I'm going to prep a whole lot of vegetables: get the food processor out and slice, chop and dice. Then I'm going to store in containers in water so they stay crisp. It'll make creating quick meals so much easier if I've pre chopped I figure. Especially stuff like frittatas and stir fries. I also want to bulk roast heaps of potatoes, pumpkin and kumara (sweet potatoes) and a cold Sunday sounds like the ideal day to do it!!

Banjolele, you are inspiring! I have had a tough couple of days. I spent my first morning of Whole30 icing cupcakes for my sons class, as he turned 5! The rest of the day went ok, although I did eat two larabars in the afternoon, as I hadn't come properly prepared to work with snacks for the afternoon.  One of the biggest and most difficult habits to break will be grazing and instead sticking to mealtimes, only eating real food. The cravings come and go, and they are hard to get through. Today was a day of socializing for my sons birthday. We made the pulled pork and sweet potato from the Whole30 book, and it was good. I'm looking forward to doing lots of prep tomorrow for the week ahead. 

Day three is complete. I'm going to have to get creative because I'm already feeling tired of eating meat. I've never been a big meat eater. I developed heart burn and couldn't even eat the lovely meal that my partner prepared which was jam-packed full of protein and veg. I opted for a lettuce wrap when my stomach felt better, but found that unsatisfying too. I've been reading lots of threads and feeling shitty sounds like its part of the program, at least in the first couple of weeks. I hope your day has gone well fellow Whole30 folks!

• Moderators

Day three is complete. I'm going to have to get creative because I'm already feeling tired of eating meat. I've never been a big meat eater. I developed heart burn and couldn't even eat the lovely meal that my partner prepared which was jam-packed full of protein and veg. I opted for a lettuce wrap when my stomach felt better, but found that unsatisfying too. I've been reading lots of threads and feeling shitty sounds like its part of the program, at least in the first couple of weeks. I hope your day has gone well fellow Whole30 folks!

You might try fish or eggs as less meaty protein options. These salmon cakes are good and might be easier for you. Or maybe something like this Pad Thai, where there's eggs and chicken, but it's all mixed up with the vegetables.

Almost finished day 5! Just had my last meal for the day. There were muffins (store bought) on the work table today that pre Whole30 I would've eaten and felt guilty for doing so. I am realizing how much of my eating was done out of habit and availability rather than to nourish my body. Going strong!!!

Day 6 for me here in NZ. Feeling good. But sooooo tired sometimes!! Glad I did lots of food prep in the week end, I can see that's going to be a regular thing. It's winter here so I've really been enjoying the beef broth I made, froze cup fulls in plastic bags and I'm having them in the morning like tea. Yumbo.

Archived