My back pain came back!

I am on Day 6 and I am finally feeling much more energized and alert. However, I had a knee pain couple days ago that went away and my back pain also came back. I have a chronic back pain that I've suffered for about 6 years that has gotten much better recently with dry needles and corrective exercises. I only go to the gym couple times a week to do some light cardio and I do my corrective exercises that focus on my core for about 15-20 minutes everyday. 

Has anyone experienced this? Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

• Moderators

While Whole30 foods can do wonders to reduce inflammation and improve existing conditions, it can't actually solve physical injuries.  If you would like to post some days of your food intake including portion sizes, specific veggies, protein and fats, water consumption and anything else you think is relevant, we can see if there's anything that stands out... sometimes things get worse before they get better and sometimes with significant injuries, the best we can hope for is stretches of relief that are longer than the stretches of pain...

I never had injuries but I've had back pain that has gotten worse after I had my baby.

Here's the list of what I ate for the past few days:

Day 5

M1 - Pan-fried salmon 1/2 of my palm size, 5 smoked oysters in olive oil, 1 cup steamed broccoli with 1tsp ghee, 10 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 apple

snack: 1/2 banana with 5 cashews (probably didn't eat enough protein in the morning)

M2 - Chicken and egg salad with 1 tbsp mayo, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup carrot sticks, 1/2 avocado, palm size purple sweet potato

M3 - 1/2 of paleo chili topped with 1/4 avocado, chopped onions, green olives, peppers and cilantro, 1 1/2 cup of sautéed zucchini and butternut squash in coconut and olive oil (I actually didn't feel good after eating this meal - I felt like I overdid it with fat)

Day 6

M1 - 2 egg salad with 1/2 bacon with 1 tbsp mayo, 1 1/2 cup of chopped raw veggies, 1/2 apple, 4 walnuts

M2 - 1 chicken burger patty with 2 cups of chopped raw veggies dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, 1 serving of guacamole, 1/2 purple sweet potato

M3 - Planning to eat roasted chicken (palm size) with 2 cups of salad greens, 1 cup of Brussels sprouts and beets, 1/4 cup roasted butternut squash, 1/2 cup chopped raw veggies, 1 tbps ranch dressing

I don't measure how much liquid I drink but I constantly drink water so I assume I drink more than 1/2 oz of my weight.

Am I eating anything that's causing inflammation?

Thanks again.

Day 6 is probably not long enough to see whether your pain is inflammation or other issues.  That said, I would probably try cutting out the nightshade family veggies; tomatoes, peppers and regular potatoes, and see if that helps.  Turmeric is great for inflammation, I pretty much dump it on any cooked veggies or meats and I also take a supplement with curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) and bioperine (pepper to activate the curcumin).  It really does wonders for me.

Archived