Waking up at night craving sugar

• Moderators

My first thought would be that you may not be eating enough throughout the day. Can you tell us what your meals have looked like for a day or two, including approximate portion sizes as they relate to the meal template?

Also, totally unrelated, using your email address as your forum id is not a great idea, as there are bots that search for email addresses to send spam to. You can change your user name in your account settings -- click on your name in the bar at the top of the page, and on the right hand side of that, look for the Edit My Profile button and click that. On the left side of that screen, look for the Display Name option and follow the instructions there to change it.

Changed name as suggested. Eating food on whole 30 plan with recipes from plate joy for now to simplify my life. Maybe not eating enough but having tough times with what to eat if hungry between meals other than nuts and fruits. Just newby. Will have to re read book

• Moderators

Ideally, your meals will keep you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time. If they're not, work on increasing the size of them. Aim for 1-2 palm-sized portions of protein; 1-2 thumb-sized portions of fat or a half to a whole avocado or a heaping handful of olives or coconut flakes; and 1-3 cups of vegetables at each meal.

Between meals, if you're hungry, have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables. A hard boiled egg, some carrots or celery or snap peas or whatever veggies you have on hand, with some mayo or olives or guacamole for the fat. Or just have some leftovers if that's easier.

• Moderators

Cook batches of food in a slow cooker so you can always eat a meal when you are hungry. Think pot roast with carrots, potatoes, and kale slow cooked for 6-8 hours with spices. I can usually get 5-8 meals out of such a cook-up. 

Archived