Surgical adhesions and infertility

violetta

I went in today for an ultrasound to look at some internal abdominal adhesions and uterine fibroids and the adhesions have disappeared since last year.  I have had a hydrosalpinx, which is a fluid filled sac at the end of the fallopian tube that forms because adhesions from a old botched surgery close the tube.  The tech said that she now only saw a normal tube leading into a normal ovary.  This surgery was 30 years ago and I had a laparoscopy back then to confirm that the tube was closed and fluid filled and it showed as closed last year with an ultrasound.  I am 63 so it matters little if it is open or not but if this program really fixed it, how many women might be spared the costly and invasive surgery need to fix this problem?  Just change your diet and your adhesions go away, could it possibly be that easy?!

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing this! I had been diagnosed with massive pelvic adhesive disease and endometriosis a couple of years ago. I've undergone 4 surgeries, the last was back in October. I know my body excels at growing adhesions, but I was hoping that the Whole30 will help slow down the growths and help with inflammation.  I am on day 25 now, but I'm feeling better than I have in a long time! Your story is very encouraging :)

Archived