Day 5: wins so far

wholehearted90

Hello

I am on Day5 of the whole30 and was inspired to post today after a nudge in my whole30 daily email.

So far, so good - no real cravings or issues like that, although I may have been aided by starting a 'no - sugar, wheat, caffeine, alcohol, dairy' detox on 22 May. I read about whole30 and wanted to step it up to the next level.

I've been staying in a hotel this week (without a fridge) and have been very creative about getting template meals - last night I 'tossed' my own salad by emptying a big bag of salad leaves into a big container with a lid, adding oil, lemon juice and maldon sea salt and giving it a good shake. Delicious with some cooked chicken that I managed to find that DIDN'T contain sugar (I was surprised to see how much cooked chicken has added sugar, I found one with cornflour and even one with milk protein!)

Thanks to these forums I also discovered fodmaps on days 1 and 2, and I recognised instantly symptoms/issues that i have experienced with high fodmap foods, so I cut those out on day 3 and I stunned by the difference it has made to my digestion immediately. I don't feel at all deprived with a payoff like that.

I don't eat nightshade veg or eggs either so that makes things pretty limiting....

That all said, the benefits so far, apart from digestion are, improvement in sleep, better mood, improvement in my skin.

Very happy with results so far and looking forward to the rest of this journey....

B

• Administrators

Excellent results so far, looking forward to seeing how you feel on Day 30!  And good job on being creative in teh hotel with no fridge!  Watch that chicken for other additives like MSG & carrageenan too!

I'm moving this post to Success Stories.  :)

Archived