Julian Bakery Coconut Paleo Bread

Benjamin Shine

http://www.julianbakery.com/bread-product/paleo-bread-coconut/

Ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Coconut Flour, Egg Whites, Psyllium, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Baking Soda.

I haven't been eating bread for years now, so this won't "tempt" me back to normal bread. I'm sensitive to gluten, and at this point it's easy for me to choose not to eat gluten.

They keep emailing me, is the thing, or else I wouldn't even be thinking about it.

Just as an aside...pre-Whole 30 I purchased some of the Almond Flour paleo bread from Julian's. I found it very, very dry and not very tasty. I have almost an entire loaf in my freezer. It was really expensive, too. Maybe the coconut flour type is better...but like you I have not been eating bread for years, perfectly happy with my lettuce wraps, but I thought I would give it a try and found it dissappointing...

Just as an aside...pre-Whole 30 I purchased some of the Almond Flour paleo bread from Julian's. I found it very, very dry and not very tasty. I have almost an entire loaf in my freezer. It was really expensive, too. Maybe the coconut flour type is better...but like you I have not been eating bread for years, perfectly happy with my lettuce wraps, but I thought I would give it a try and found it dissappointing...

I have tried both... Don't waste your money! The coconut bread is so mushy I couldn't stomach it.

My 27 yo daughter who is sort of inbetween Paleo (whatever that means to her) and Whole30 called Julian Coconut bread "mushy like a banana and does weird things to my mouth". She's decided bread in general is just a thing of her past. :)

They keep emailing me, is the thing, or else I wouldn't even be thinking about it.

The next time you get an e-mail from them scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find something like "remove me from this site" or something like that. That way you wont get any more e-mails from them and you wont be tempted.

• 5 months later...

Here's another very dis-satisfied customer of Julian Bread. The first shipment was so awful they sent a second for free. The second batch was just as bad, it went into the trash. It was an expensive experiment!

I went to the actual store. Tasted a sample of the coconut and the almond bread. It was okay given the small sample and I was excited to possibly have bread again. Tried a slice toasted later on and it was awful! A total waste of $8.00! On the bright side, now I know instead of always wondering :rolleyes: .

The next time you get an e-mail from them scroll to the bottom of the page and you will find something like "remove me from this site" or something like that. That way you wont get any more e-mails from them and you wont be tempted.

For internet safety, I rarely unsubscribe because it can occasionally trigger a ton of spam. I simply put it in my spam folder so that my e-mail will filter it there in the future.

As an aside, anything calling to you in your inbox is likely attracting some sort of psychological attachment that still needs recoverytime.

If your expecting a squishy soft bread, thus is no it the ticket. While its not W30, compliant, afterwards I thinks its a reasonable substitute. Its best when it toasted, really toasted and topped with a bit of coconut oil and salt. It think it would make a reasonable base food bruschetta or such.

Archived