Am I eating too much? Help!

beckels311

Hi! I was hoping to get some help to make sure I am not eating too much or too little.

I workout 5-6 days a week lifting weights with maybe a HITT or two a week.

I am 5'5 female around 150lbs.

A typical day:

5am hard boiked egg

530-630 workout

Breakfast 645-7 ( eggwhites about a cup, veggies, sweet potato about 4oz)

Lunch 11am normally leftover dinner so proteins, fat and veggies (ground turkey skillet with guacamole)

Hungry again around 2 so eat more protein and fat (chicken and almonds and carrots)

Dinner 7pm again protein veggie and fat (pulled pork salad)

Woukd appreciate any help!

As Tom says, quite the opposite.

Given how often you train you are skipping out a post WO meal (lean protein & starchy carb) which is probably why you are hungry again around 2pm - your 2pm meal would actually be lunch given that what you're eating for breakfast should actually be your postWO meal.

And why are you only eating the egg whites? All the nutrients are in the yolk...

I'd probably do something more like this:

5am hard boiled egg 
530-630 workout
645 PostWO  - roast chicken (& sweet potato - particularly on the days you do HIIT as the starch will replenish muscle glycogen which doesn't normalize on it's own on a day to day basis)

Breakfast 8am - 3-4 whole eggs, a bucket load of roasted Mediterranean veggies & mayo (or whatever - it doesn't have to be eggs here!)
Lunch 1:30pm normally leftover dinner so proteins, fat and veggies (ground turkey skillet with guacamole)
Dinner 7pm again protein veggie and fat (pulled pork salad)

Don't be afraid to eat to the high end of the template either - the template being the minimum amount you should eat...

Thank you! Technically my breakfast has been my post workout meal but j was unsuare about eating so soon after. Somtimes it does get tricky because I do ABA therapy and work with children with developmental disabilities and when i am in a session I can not eat, so i dont have set times to eat. I have to eat inbetween clients, somtimes in the car, i know not ideal but when you have 20-30 min between kids and you have to drive to your next appointment its what i have to do. I will try the post workout meal and then breakfast and see how that goes! Been havig such a difficult time losing weight

Archived